PDA

View Full Version : a question about tile sets and language translation

DCelso
10-23-2004, 05:31 AM
Hello to all,
I have seen the quest database.
I would like to know what is the tile set new1st and what is the fisrt quest that used it.
Too, I would like know what is the quest called 182test that goes in the zelda classic zip, what tile set use it. I have played to it, but i cant to find the boss key in the 4th and 5th dungeons. It is a bug?
And finaly, Is there a spanish zc version? Are there spanish quests? and Are there spanish questmakermen?
How can I translate easily a quest? I have tried exporting the text strings, but the file obtained isn't a text file editable.

Thanks for all.

Ganonator
10-23-2004, 05:42 AM
the first quest that used newfirst was the newfirst.qst, simply a remake of the 1st.qst game (the original with original graphics)

182 test isn't necessarily playable, but used by the testers when the newest functionality was invented - items, graphics, animation, etc.

As far as other languages, no. ZC isn't developed by a major company (as much as I wish it were) and doesn't have much use outside of our community. We hope someday that we can put other language packs into it, but that's a ways off.

If you want to edit text strings, just use the string editor under the Quest menu in Zquest.exe!

welcome to AGN!

Belgarath
10-23-2004, 06:06 AM
Too bad text portions of games are not in there own separate file. It would make creating translations that much easier.

DCelso
10-23-2004, 06:43 AM
thanks, when can i download newfirst.qst ?
Is there a 1st complete quest version based in tiles like the 182test quest?
I love the tiles and new rules in the 182test.qst and i would like to play a playable version of the same.

*b*
10-23-2004, 02:22 PM
newfirst.qst comes with ZC 1.90. just copy it out from that folder into the one you use, and presto. newfirst.qst is also unpassworded, so you can edit it as much as you like in the editor

as for the graphics in 182test.qst, I'm pretty sure newfirst has the same craphics. if not, just put in 'zelda' as the cheat, and remove all the items from your inventory. then, you can play like normal

4matsy
10-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, 182test.qst is basically just the current version of the old new1st.qst, which was originally Warlock's testing ground for his then-new tileset. Warlock never really named the tileset; it simply came to be called "newfirst", just like the quest :laughing:

The boss key in level 5 is in the second old man's room, near the boss, who says "Secret power is said to be in the arrow." (If you don't know where that is: in the room right before the boss, with all the Pols Voices and 3 long lines of blocks, bomb the top wall.)

The boss key in level 4 is in that weird door/curtain thingy in the room with the map. The door's glitched, though...one side of it is marked as a "cave" combo, and the other as "stairs", and the "Linked Combos" quest rule (which makes two connected "cave" or "stairs" combos catch Link anyway even if he walks between them) doesn't work on combos that are different types. So you can't get in. :banghead:
Luckily, you can fix this since the quest is unpassworded: all that's necessary is to change one of the combos so that both are the same, either "cave" or "stairs". Though I recommend "stairs", since changing them to "cave" would kill the music...:blah:

DCelso
10-25-2004, 06:54 PM
thanks, but i can not get the level 4 boss key without modify the quest. I am playing 182test in zelda classics 192.184. What can i do for enter in the cave? the rule linked combos is maked but i still cant enter .
I thing that change the quest is a cheat and i would not like to be a cheater.
Thanks

Freedom
10-25-2004, 07:29 PM
You can fix the big, the quest is unpassworded.