PDA

View Full Version : ZC Linux/Hardware needs?

Belgarath
10-22-2004, 06:21 PM
I was wondering:

1. I hear of a linux beta of ZC available (Ich said something about it in a post) and I was wondering the following about it:
Where do I get it since its not on the ZC downloads page?
What are it's needs in terms of libc/shared module dependencies?
Or is it statically compiled?
Should it run suid root?

2. If I wanted to run dosemu under linux on a SUN 64 bit UltraSparc server to get ZC running do you know of any problems I would have? Has anyone tried this?

3. If I install ZC on a laptop with no actual audio hardware:
Will I run into problems? I know this would mean no sound. But is the HAL for ZC dependant on the existence of said hardware or do any detection that could be harmful on systems without it?

If these questions have been asked before just please direct me to the relevant posts.

*b*
10-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I can only answer one of your questions

1) you can't get it normally; you have to be a betatester

though, DN seems to be more than willing to hire more betatesters for linux (personal observation, I don't know if it's true)

Belgarath
10-22-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm perfectly willing to beta test for linux.

*b*
10-22-2004, 07:55 PM
well, of course you're willing, but DN is the one to talk to if you want in

bigjoe
10-22-2004, 08:03 PM
well, of course you're willing, but DN is the one to talk to if you want in
That, or you can fill out an application in Group Memberships and I'll accept it ;)

Belgarath
10-23-2004, 05:52 AM
That, or you can fill out an application in Group Memberships and I'll accept it ;)

Group memberships? That must be covered in a readme/faq I havent seen and read yet. I'm going to take a wild guess and try my control panal... yup it's there. Consider it done.

Cymdeithas
10-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Linux beta testing!!! i'll do it! i have a really really recent version of linux with updated everything and can amanage to run it on serveral differant version of linux if needs be as well i can create bottable linux version to load the game.. and so on and so forth.

Ovi
11-02-2004, 09:13 AM
BigJoe, I requested to join the group two weeks ago but never got a response. What's going on?

Dark Nation
11-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the team. Download the Linux beta and the Linux support archive and let us know if it works for you.

bigjoe
11-03-2004, 02:27 AM
BigJoe, I requested to join the group two weeks ago but never got a response. What's going on?
I need to take a look through the applications. Recently Ive been more partial toward Linux and Mac users,because there are already a number of Windows/DOS testers. Sorry to have dissapointed anyone.

Superstrider
11-03-2004, 06:40 PM

I've applied several months ago, and you have never gotten back to me on that.