PDA

View Full Version : Expanding on the Timed Pit Warp:

ShadowTiger
10-21-2004, 11:08 AM
... Wow. This thread was before DN made the following image:

http://www.armageddongames.net/darknation/pix/warpmenu.gif
So this thread has been pretty much rendered useless. :shrug: .. But thanks for reading it anyway. :tongue: If you see something you like, feel free to comment, I suppose.

(I would have posted this in the Alpha 5 Discussion thread, but it's more of a suggestion for here.)
4) Is it possible that now you can make timed warps drop link off at the same position as he warped from (like a "pit" combo does)? Either via a check box in the "screen data" menu or a quest rule?Oh, that's an interesting suggestion, actually. I would like to expand on it a bit by saying that this may all be possible in the same area as the tic-length box. To its right, you would have a coord box. You would simply type in either " " (AKA, nothing at all, not even a zero, .. or maybe a zero. :shrug: ) to have it go by how it usually does, or enter the numerical screen coords, like you would for the "More" option.

But what would we do about having it go by the tile warp or the screen warp? ... Maybe we should have a "general" warp screen, (Merging the Tile Warp and Side Warp screens.) (With the Hotkey being F10.) with six tabs on it.

1) A "General" warp type configuration tab, in which you can select one of five circular buttons: Tile, North, East, South, West. North through West correspond to the Side warps, obviously. And since there can be no such thing as having two timed warps, (as whichever concludes sooner would obviously take precedence over the others.) there would be no need to select more than one. (Duh. Quite easily, duh. :p ) Also on the screen, you would have the input box where you would input the number of tics. Maybe, as a special feature, you could have a calculator built in to the tab where it would calculate the number of seconds that would equate to. That would be quite convenient. Maybe a "test" feature would be nice as well, showing a new popup screen with nothing but orange all over it, (Or some other color. Doesn't matter.) and the number of tics countdown in the upper left, and the number of seconds in the upper right. When they each reach their time, the orange will turn green. What a great way of testing. Right?) ... And somewhere else on that tab, it'll have the input box for the pit coords. That'll only take effect if you have anything in the box(es), as mentioned above.

2) Tile Warp Tab - The standard tile warp menu. I see no reason to change its appearance. :p Except maybe remove the side warp determination thing, as it's quite vestigial at this point.

3) North Side Warp - ... Yeah, very self explanatory.

4) East Side Warp - ...

5) South Side Warp - ....

6) West Side Warp - ... :rolleyes:

Sounds good? What do you think? Did I leave anything out?