PDA

View Full Version : Freeze on start quest in Alpha 4

texasdex
10-20-2004, 11:08 PM
I have noticed in a few cases that the Linux version of ZC locks the keyboard in the start of some quests. I can't move Link at all, but I can click and exit the program.

I noticed it mostly in old 1.90 quests, the original Revenge quest and my TexDex quest.

I noticed something else weird, I'm not sure what the cause of it is, but it might be related. I hear a sound, almost like briefly stepping on a fairy flag. I have no idea why, and it only seems to happen when first starting a quest.

Dark Nation
10-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Is the keyboard locked up or is Link merely frozen? If Link is just frozen, then the start button will still work, as well as the F6, F7, and F8 keys. It sounds like the old intro message freezing Link bug.

texasdex
10-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Just Link is frozen. Although he sometimes has a chance to move half a square before it happens.

I could have sworn that the TexDex quest was still in 1.90 format, which should have no dmap strings at all. Any ideas?

I have run a few other quests in it, and I've come to the conclusion that it varies depending on quest file, but it is consistent, so it's definitely something to do with the quest file or how it's handled. I have tested a few files and found that it happens on my TexDex quest, the original Prince MSC's Revenge quest, Shady Oaks 3, and others. ALL of the quests I tested have the heart/string/rupee sound exactly twice sometimes when they change dmap, and Link is unable to move while that is happening. That may be a separate bug, but I suspect they are related.

NOTE: Upon further testing, this happened when I opened TexDex in the latest Zquest version and saved it to a different format (and a different file).