PDA

View Full Version : Another pointless poll

Axel
10-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Just to celebrate my return from vacation (no I didn't get you any souveniers) I'll ask the question that's been on my mind for a while now.
With the World Series looming close and the Yankees and Red Sox playing again tensions have been drawn. With the election looming ahead the nation is split into camps. And with religious tensions coming to a head in the Middle East that turmoil is begining to spread. So which is most important?

moocow
10-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Baseball is definitely important. Actually, I only voted for baseball because it WASN'T politics or religion. I know nothing of these religious tensions in the Middle East that you speak of, and I'm so tired of politics it makes me want to vomit.

deathbyhokie
10-20-2004, 08:47 PM
baseball. must go now. game's on

VEL
10-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Actually, I only voted for baseball because it WASN'T politics or religion.

I pretty much voted for baseball for the same reason, and I don't really like baseball all that much.

Rainman
10-20-2004, 11:44 PM
All of them suck. I decided to go for politics though. Less bullshit than religion and quite a bit more more important than baseball.

ZTC
10-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Politics

religious problems in the Middle East is always gonna be there, and baseball, well, i don't give a crap until the Cubs make it into the World Series; so...
politics :shrug:

Pablo
10-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Baseball. Duh. Although it's a lot less important without the Cubbies, it still outweighs politics and religion.

Axel
10-21-2004, 07:49 PM
It's least important without the Tigers, but the last time they were in the World Series was a few decades ago (2) so....

Anyway Baseball is clearly not only the greatest sport, but far preferable to religion or politics. Its less corrupt, easier to understand, all players must follow the rules, and someone's there to call it when people don't.

Archibaldo
10-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Well, baseball means nothing to me. And religion is only improtant after you die. So I put politics first. Mostly because politics are a big part of the world while you live. They also determine the way you live.

VT_Hokie_Fan
10-23-2004, 11:49 PM
baseball... politics suck and religion is saved for Sunday... its Saturday today