PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this?

davidballardjr
10-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Here's something I heard on the radio. According to a website, I can't remember the name, The Washington Redskins have something to do with the November Presidential election. The thing is that when the Redskins play a home game the Sunday before election day and they win, the incumbent President wins re-election. If they lose, then a new President is elected. Apparently this has happened the last 17 Presidential elections. On that Sunday, I'll be cheering for the Redskins because I want Bush to win re-election in November.

Rainman
10-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Yes, I totally agree that the performance of a football team dictates the election process.

Eckels
10-20-2004, 11:10 AM
nifty coincidence. Only sports fanatics are so obsessive, that they'd study stats until they find some stupid oddity like that.

Hey, maybe it could be a hidden public signal to some secret society that controls he government!

wait... no, it's just a stupid coincidence.

slothman
10-20-2004, 01:06 PM
nifty coincidence. Only sports fanatics are so obsessive, that they'd study stats until they find some stupid oddity like that.

Hey, maybe it could be a hidden public signal to some secret society that controls he government!

wait... no, it's just a stupid coincidence.
Even if the secret society can control the gov't I don't know how they could control a sports team. :D
It is a cool coincidence though, but that's all it is.

Lilith
10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/election.asp

Ganonator
10-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Also, no New York Yankees team has ever won the World Series while a republican was in the white house.

Go Sox!

moocow
10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Interesting coincidence. Go Redskins! ;)

AtmaWeapon
10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Yes, I totally agree that the performance of a football team dictates the election process.

Hey man chill dawg slow your roll and relax a little bit. It was a pretty neat little thread and I totally expected to click on the Snopes link and have the theory destroyed, but what do you know, it holds true so far.