PDA

View Full Version : The Tao of Link Released

Cepat
10-20-2004, 04:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm proud to announce the release of my second quest The Tao of Link. This quest took me 2 years to make & I am ready to show everyone what this quest is all about.

This quest uses the Pure Tileset & includes the following features :

- 2 complete (12 x 8) overworlds called Orient & Taoland;
- 2 small towns called Ping An Town & An Quan Town;
- 9 dungeons with multi-floors/multi-entrances;
- 5 elemental shrines with powerful element items;
- Superbly nice music, most of which are Chinese pop songs;
- Chinese characters representing the elemental shrines;
- Tons of secrets to explore & find;
- Pure Tileset with 2 new dungeon palettes;
- 24 Heart Containers with 36 HC Pieces to get.

Special thanks to Elise, Freedom & Joe for beta testing the quest.

Here's some of the screenshots :

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink1.png http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink2.png

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink3.png http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink4.png

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink5.png http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink6.png

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink7.png http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink8.png

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink9.png http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/TaoOfLink10.png

Without much ado, I'm proud to present the quest.
You can download the quest at the link HERE (http://www.filespace.org/Ielen/The_Tao_of_Link.zip)

At the same time, you can download a SFX sounds which I use in the quest. You can download the SFX sounds by clicking on the link HERE (http://www.filespace.org/Ielen/Tao_SFX.zip)

Please use the 183 player to play the quest & do read the quest document in the zip file for more info.

Thank you & have a nice day :)

elise
10-20-2004, 07:14 AM
It's a beautifull quest it's like entering a complete new world
you know from the minute you start it that it's a new Quest that you didn't play before .
Great work Ielen you finished your own Tao quest ;)

diannew
10-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Okay - I'm totally stumped. I've gone everywhere I can go, bought all I could and still cannot find Level 1. I think I need the Ocarina - where is it.

Thanks for any help - I like spoilers so don't hesitate to send me a private email.

Thanks.

:odd:

elise
10-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Level 1 look at the screens Ielen/cepat put on , it's the third screen burn the little bush to the right to enter ;)

Joe
10-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Go to the Orient start (tree tunnel) go E - E - E - N - E - N

Thanks - Joe

diannew
10-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone - I'll give the suggestions a try.

Dianne

Freelancer
10-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Are you really canadian? Then you are cool!

Cepat
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Thanks elise & joe for responding...I'm going to lose my electricity power in about 45 mins, so I won't be able to respond to queries. But the power will be back tonight.

Hope you'll like the quest and enjoy the music :)

diannew
10-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Are you really canadian? Then you are cool!
Yup - Canadian born and bred.

Freelancer
10-21-2004, 07:22 PM
NICE! I am from Toronto and I thought I was the only canadian on the site well enjoy! -Grade 6-

Gendof
10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
This is another wonderful quest! Thanks you for your tremendous efforts.
Question...I have not been able to find the "Jewel" to access the Wood Shrine after finishing Level 3. Can you subtly direct me?
Thanks.

elise
10-22-2004, 02:39 PM
did you do some looking around in the city on taoland

Cepat
10-22-2004, 03:03 PM
The city in Taoland is near the Taoland beach.

lbeard43
10-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Tried all I had to get into Wood Shrine after Lv3...would someone help me...Thanks

elise
10-22-2004, 04:16 PM
use an item you have on the barrel rightside from the entrance ;)

lbeard43
10-22-2004, 06:48 PM
use an item you have on the barrel rightside from the entrance ;)

There isn't a barrel by the shrine...There is a statue of Link on both sides and a Guard on each side of the entrance.. Tried to bomb it open ,burn it open ,and several other things nothing works...Am I in the wrong place....I have finished Lv1,2,and 3...Help
:banghead:

elise
10-22-2004, 08:10 PM
The wood shrine is in the same area level 1 is
The orient the part with the grey trees

Cepat
10-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi lbeard43, this is the Wood Shrine, do you see the barrel there?

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~lekyyl/Wood.png

lbeard43
10-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Finished the Wood Shrine..got the hammer.. Having trouble in getting to Lv4.. Almost every way I go I am blocked...Hint please

Cepat
10-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Whistle to Lvl 3 triforce mark, then go left all the way. There's something to do with the sleeping guy :)

Just out of curiousity, were you in another shrine earlier?

lbeard43
10-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Yes I have been in the Earth Shrine and got the whistle...

Cepat
10-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Or rather when you were stuck, was it the Wood Shrine or some other shrine?

diannew
10-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Help - stuck in Level 2 - can't proceed to some rooms cause I can't get some blocks to go down - think I need the magic boomerang. Where is it? So far have 1 key but can't get anywhere to use it. Am I missing something. Got through the maze ok.

Thanks for any help.

A proud Canuck.

Cepat
10-23-2004, 07:10 AM
Did you get a key in the top entrance & do you have the Red Lantern? If you did, then go back to bottom entrance, go Up, Right, then go Down to 1st floor. The Magic Boomerang is there :)

JayeM
10-27-2004, 03:19 AM
Hey, Ielen, want to do those of us who are playing with a later beta a favor and click on the "view overworld map" rule? I'd really appreciate it!

Cepat
10-27-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi JayeM, okay I wil do that :)

I just finished uploading the new updated file which has the overworld map enabled. Please kindly download the file at the link HERE (http://www.filespace.org/Ielen/The_Tao_of_Link.zip).

Hope you don't mind seeing Gleeoks with missing neck on the 184.
Please let me know if you can see the overworld map.

Thank you :)

csal321
10-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Can someone please help me?

I love this game, but im stuck in level 1. I even finished the level but for the life of me, I can't get the bow... which I need for getting the HC, and other areas in the level!
I have tried for what feels like hours!
-cindy

BTW: I am using the 184 player, and after downloading the update, the map works fine!

Cepat
10-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Hi csal, the bow is on floor 3/4. It's at the bottom west of the screen.
Glad you're enjoying the quest :)

Dragonstar
11-01-2004, 12:56 AM
undefinedundefinedundefined :D This is such a great quest! My whole unzipped folder is all zeldaclassic quests. I just a Zelda fan. I got through level 1 and the earth shrine, have all the items for level two, now I just can't find my way to the boss key or room. Could someone please help me? Thanks Dragonstar

Cepat
11-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Hi Dragonstar, to reach Lvl 2 Boss, you have to look for the up/down door passage on Floor 2/2 first.
Then on Floor 1/2, you have to go Left, Down, Left, Warp to the other side & go Right (don't go left as that's the maze), Up & Warp to the room before the Boss.

Thanks for liking it :)

Freelancer
11-02-2004, 08:42 PM
How do yet to level 1? I sort of only see the hydra in Orient.

Cepat
11-02-2004, 08:54 PM
You can refer to this post how to reach Lvl 1 :

http://armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=969150&postcount=5

Freelancer
11-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Thankyou for helping me out! I really like this game and you did a good job! the map is to pretty to be true. (just wish it would stop raining!) :)

dafeedil
11-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi, guys...Just downloaded tao and it looks it's going to be cool. I got to lvl. 1, but looks like I need the ocarina. I think I've gone everywere I could to see if I could find it, but I can't. does that hydra have anything to do with it? thanks for your help

elise
11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
You don't need the ocarina in level 1 you can get the ocarina after level 1 in the woodshrine
To enter level 1 you need the blue candle and burn a purple bush on the right side from the entrance
The blue candle you get in the ( start) city just visit all the houses there :)

dafeedil
11-03-2004, 08:09 PM
You don't need the ocarina in level 1 you can get the ocarina after level 1 in the woodshrine
To enter level 1 you need the blue candle and burn a purple bush on the right side from the entrance
The blue candle you get in the ( start) city just visit all the houses there :)

I'm in lvl one, but can't seem to push any blocks...even after I kill all the enemies in the room :odd:

elise
11-03-2004, 08:35 PM
you can try to burn the triggers , slash the triggers and if you found it yet hit the triggers with the boomerang ;)

Dragonstar
11-04-2004, 01:24 AM
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2] :) [PHP]Thanks I finished level 2 now I'm stuck in level 3. I've been in all the rooms except for a couple. I have three keys i think are to the big chests but i can't get to them. in one room there skeleton heads, in the others are the round balls, i've tried to hit them with everything that i have but they just don't do anything. Please help!!! thanks Dragonstar

Cepat
11-04-2004, 01:35 AM
You need the White Sword (1st item in Lvl 3) to slash the skeleton heads. Those round balls are orbs which you need to get full health then the White Sword can shoot out the beams.
The White Sword is on the top right corner of Floor 3/3. You have to go through Floor 2/3 in order to reach the sword on Floor 3/3.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
11-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Where is DinsFire? I think I need it to open up the graveyard.Thanks

elise
11-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Din's fire you can get after you finished level 5 in the fire shrine
(look at the documentation you got when you downloaded the quest for the location ;) )

Mysterious1
11-07-2004, 12:02 AM
help! i'm in level 1 I read the post but still not gettinpass the front door I tried to burn bomb slash, but can't get pass the blocks. what am I not doing?

Cepat
11-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi Mysterious 1, you need to push the block, so the right shutter door will open :)

bigboylink
11-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone, first post to the forums, been using Zelda Classic for almost a year now.

I'm stuck in Level 4, the Tea Garden. I'd like to know what to do in the rooms where there are candles lit by blue fire. There's a room 1N, 1W of the entrance and a room 2W of the boss (contains a big chest) that have these blue fire candles. Any help would be appreciated.

elise
11-10-2004, 08:33 PM
welcome to AGN ;)
you need the wand on these blue fire candles
You can find the wand somewhere in level 4

bigboylink
11-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reply, elise.

I was kinda disappointed to hear that I needed the wand though; I expected the silver arrow to be the first item acquired in the dungeon, because of all of the blue pots scattered throughout (i'm assuming the arrow gets rid of those). Anyway, since I've spent quite a bit of time on the dungeon and getting a bit frustrated, let me ask another question (to anyone out there):

What is the first item I can get in the 4th dungeon, and where exactly is it? (directions from the start would be awesome)

By the way, superb quest (esp. the music); has the potential to be the best one I've played.

Cepat
11-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi bigboylink,

There's a quest document that states the order of the items for each dungeon. So you need to get the Ladder first, then the Wand & Silver Arrow last in the 4th dungeon.

Here's the way to get the Ladder :
You start off in entrance on floor 2/2. Go to Map Room, then go Up, Left to get 1st key.
Go back to Map Room, then go Up, Right Twice & go down to Floor 1/2.
Go Up, Left is the maze to get your 2nd key.
Unlock the locked door, then go Up & go up to floor 2/2 where you get the Ladder.

Thanks for liking the music :)

bigboylink
11-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the assistance, Cepat. I probably wouldn't have had any problems if I knew you could hammer the blue pots. Oh well.

miguel
11-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the assistance, Cepat. I probably wouldn't have had any problems if I knew you could hammer the blue pots. Oh well.

I had the same problem for a while, bigboylink, and kept waiting to find the silver arrow first, but then realized that the hammer has handy and quick and worked well.

good luck as you continue, the tao of link is a delightfuly structured quest and gets better and prettier as you go on

m

Joe
11-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Yep...

Link is required to make full use of his bag of tricks in this quest!

Thanks - Joe

Beckyj4
11-15-2004, 12:44 AM
I need help in Level 1. I have, literally, been trying for weeks to find the raft. No luck, and I can't get any further without it.

Cepat
11-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi Becky, the raft is on Floor 2/4.

1. From start on Floor 1/4, you go Up -> Right -> Down -> Right -> Up -> Go to Floor 2/4.
2. Form Floor 2/4, you go Down -> Left -> Up -> unlock Locked Door -> Up -> Left -> unlock Treasure Chest -> get Raft.

You need to find two keys which can be easily obtained by exploring the warps. Hope this helps you :)

bigboylink
11-15-2004, 02:42 AM
So I finished the game earlier today, I just have a few curiosities (and seven heart pieces) that remain.

This is taken from the description of the quest:

"Link soon learns that Ganon is the cause behind the weather disturbances & it requires a special item that can control the weather & bring peace to both lands. But that item & 4 other items are hidden in 5 elemental shrines."

So is there a way to stop the snow and rain? What item (if any) does this?

And I have a question for Cepat.

All of the dungeons in Tao of Link have Wall Masters. For the non-entrance floors, are you (the quest creator) able to determine which non-entrance room they will take Link to if he is caught? Or is it a bug in ZC that has yet to be corrected?

Cepat
11-15-2004, 02:53 AM
Hi bigboylink,

Congrats on completing the quest!
Actually only one item will stop only the rain & not the snow...you can figure out which screen the rain stops :D
For the dungeons, if you play on the 184, the wall masters will drag Link back to the entrance. If you play on the 183, you'll end up in the screen on that floor which is directly above/below the entrance.

Mysterious1
11-15-2004, 02:55 AM
Thanks Cepat that sure helped, now I stuck again in level 2, I have the magic boomarang, and the red lantern. where do I find the 2 braclet I have two keys left I found both entrancesbut can't find the doors to open

Cepat
11-15-2004, 03:15 AM
From the bottom entrance, bomb the left wall, then go down the stairs to get the Bracelet :)

Beckyj4
11-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi Becky, the raft is on Floor 2/4.

1. From start on Floor 1/4, you go Up -> Right -> Down -> Right -> Up -> Go to Floor 2/4.
2. Form Floor 2/4, you go Down -> Left -> Up -> unlock Locked Door -> Up -> Left -> unlock Treasure Chest -> get Raft.

You need to find two keys which can be easily obtained by exploring the warps. Hope this helps you :)

Thank you. I have everything but the raft. Guess that is why I couldn't find it. I have been concentrating on 3 and four because I was sure I got everything from 1 and 2. :rolleyes: Really neat quest.

Angus
11-15-2004, 01:23 PM
OK, I have managed to get all the way to Level 9 and suddenly I can't seem to find any keys. Is there some sort of master key that I missed earlier, or where do I need to go to find the keys?

Joe
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
OK, I have managed to get all the way to Level 9 and suddenly I can't seem to find any keys. Is there some sort of master key that I missed earlier, or where do I need to go to find the keys?Yes, it is found just north of AN Quan Town, which is found in the Taoland overworld.

Thanks - Joe

Cepat
11-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks Joe :) Actually the Magic Key is found in An Quan Town itself :D

Angus
11-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Okay, I think I found the Magic Key...now how do I get it? I don't see any particular triggers to hit, and everything I have tried doesn't seem to be working. The Lens of Truth makes it look like that tree is fake, but I sure can't walk through it. What do I need to do? And are there any particular conditions I need to have (i.e. full heart meter, certain number of hearts, etc) before I can get it?

elise
11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
you need the wand and the book ;)

Angus
11-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Aah, there we go...I didn't see that little tree hiding at the bottom there. Got the magic key and finished the quest. GREAT JOB! This was one of the most enjoyable quests I have ever played; all the hard work put into it is greatly appreciated here.

Cepat
11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Congrats on completing the quest Angus!
Just reading that really made my time designing the quest really worth it :)
Glad you enjoyed the quest & thanks again :D

Beckyj4
11-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Thank you. I have everything but the raft. Guess that is why I couldn't find it. I have been concentrating on 3 and four because I was sure I got everything from 1 and 2. :rolleyes: Really neat quest.

Oops. I spoke too soon. I don't have the key for that chest. I don't have any keys but I think I have been to all the places where I will have to use the raft. Did I use the key in the wrong place?

Cepat
11-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Then you need to check your map to see which places you haven't explored...the keys are designed such that the number of keys will match the number of locked doors and locked treasure chests on each floor.

Example, if there's one locked door & one locked treasure chest on floor 1, then there's two keys on floor 1.

Try look for keys on other floors :)

Beckyj4
11-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Then you need to check your map to see which places you haven't explored...the keys are designed such that the number of keys will match the number of locked doors and locked treasure chests on each floor.

Example, if there's one locked door & one locked treasure chest on floor 1, then there's two keys on floor 1.

Try look for keys on other floors :)

It shows that I have been everywhere on all of the floors except 4. Then it is just a place I can't get to without the raft. I have opened all the doors where you need a Raft to get across too. Would the key to the Raft Chest be on another floor?

BTW, I tried downloading Hyrule in Chaos walkthrough, but after unzipping and opening it, It gives me the C prompt and I don't know what to put there. I even tried just Opening it a couple of minutes ago and that won't work either.

Sorry to be such a pest. I really like your Quests but either the Quests are getting harder to figure out or I am getting to old to do so.

Cepat
11-15-2004, 09:06 PM
It's very difficult to tell you where to find the keys as I don't know exactly where you been to. You could have missed out a key chest room. Try to look for the warps on floor 3...one leads to floor 4 with a key chest room.

Where did you download the walkthrough? There should be a text file...you can go to this link to download the walkthrough :

http://zcf.dyndns.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123

Beckyj4
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks for trying to help. I still can't download the walkthrough.

Cepat
11-16-2004, 11:18 AM
I got another download for the walkthrough. You can get it HERE (http://blake.prohosting.com/ielen/HICWalkthrough.zip).

Are you using winzip to unzip the file and can you read text files on your PC?

elise
11-16-2004, 11:20 AM
HIC Walkthrough (http://edc-info.net/ZCF/HIC Walkthrough.zip) does this works for you

oops posting the same at the same time :laughing:

Beckyj4
11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
I got another download for the walkthrough. You can get it HERE (http://blake.prohosting.com/ielen/HICWalkthrough.zip).

Are you using winzip to unzip the file and can you read text files on your PC?

Well, it still just gave me the C Prompt, then my computer locked up. I finally had to unplug it because it wouldn't turn off, even with Control. Alt. Delete. Maybe my computer is just trying to tell me to stop playing games. ;)

Yes, I used Winzip. It keeps telling me that it can't find Notepad.EXE when it gives me the C Prompt. I do have notepad though. Probably just my computer. :mad:

elise
11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Beckyj4 I sent you an email hope that way it works

Beckyj4
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I got it. It did. Thank you. Sorry to be such a bother.

elise
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
No bother at all :)

Odanaki
11-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Hello! Nice Quest...

I have a problem after finishing Level 7.

I don't know how to reach the Dungeon with the Flippers. And if it is the one right next to the Level 6 Triangle Mark, I just can't open the door.

Please help. I have read part of the walkthrough but just could not figure it out.

TIA.

elise
11-18-2004, 09:07 PM
The flippers you can get in the shrine in the city ( An Quan Town )
on Taoland

Odanaki
11-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Hello again.

I know where you are talking about. I've been there earlier in the game.

Thanks again for your last answer, Elise.

But for now, I just cannot figure out how to reach that place again.

I have been turning aroud quite a lot and didn't get it.

Some advice will be REALLY appreciated.

TIA

elise
11-20-2004, 05:17 PM
if you get on Tao land you have to go a few screens to the right and then walk up under the bridge
hope this helps ;)

Cepat
11-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Thanks elise for the great help :D
It's been one month since this quest has been released, just want to find out what everyone think of it & whether you all like the music :)

Odanaki
11-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the advise, Elise. Now I'm fully working with Level 8.

Thanks also Cepat, for that Quest. I didn't listen to the music, cause I've got some birds in the room and they are scared as soon as I start playing Zelda with the sound on. I'll try it with my headphone.

Bye for now!

legitny
04-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Does Anyone Know how to get to Level 3 in Tao?

DarkFlameWolf
04-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Legitny, First off don't necro-post on a dozen plus topics on the same relevant matter.
Second, don't spam the forums through these myriad of topics with the samn damn message. Its just as bad as double posting on purpose.
You have been warned.

legitny
04-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I can't find the Jewel to get past the guy in the wood shrine. I beat Level 3 and I want the hammer before I goto Level 4. I know it is somewhere in a certain TaoLand Town. Can someone be specific and tell me exactly where it is. I searched taoland up and down.

elise
04-11-2006, 06:12 AM
for the city take the raft walk along the water to the east till you see a bridge on the left use a bomb and enter the city

legitny
04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Jeez, I walked east in Taoland, took a hard left and walked under the bridge to see a bombable wall. I didn't ever think about walking under the bridge, doh!. If you have a writeup of the most tricky things in this quest, please attach or post it. I'd like to have it for reference if possible. Whatever you can do is appreciated.

Thanks.

elise
04-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't really have anything on paper anymore from Tao , you can always follow the link in my sig to my forum there is also a thread about Tao in Ielens hosted forum

legitny
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks, quick question, there are a few rooms at the top part of the map on the floor below/above the boss of level 2 that I was never able to get to. Is there somthing there, I got everything I needed from that level and defeated the boss. I am now working on level 4. Let me know.

andnay
04-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi there!

I cant find the boss key in lvl 1.
i found the boss door, but not the key.

any hints maybe?

thanks in advance!

elise
04-23-2006, 08:00 AM
I thought in every level the bosskey was in one room before the boss room:confused:

andnay
04-23-2006, 08:29 AM
I thought in every level the bosskey was in one room before the boss room:confused:

Cant tell, since i was stuck in lvl 1 ;)

But your hint made me find it, thanks a lot.

z-nut
04-28-2006, 03:51 AM
i cant find the orcarna!:( :( :( :(

dafeedil
04-29-2006, 07:53 AM
z-nut, you have to complete level 1, then go to the Earth Shrine. It was pretty easy to find. Let me know! I just finished this game the other day, it was great

andnay
04-30-2006, 06:50 AM
hm... where would that earth shrine be?

and where is level 2 :shakeno:

elise
04-30-2006, 08:09 AM
earth shrine is in the starting area SW in the city

andnay
04-30-2006, 08:42 AM
well, i seem to be stuck.

i seem to be missing a key for the power bracelet chest.
ive found a chest, the one left from entrance, where you have to bomb the wall, but i cant get another key to open it.

i got the magic container with my last key from the second entrance (exit only?) but none for the bracelet.

do i need the whistle or something?

Aranda
11-10-2006, 11:38 AM
I can't find Level 2.
How do I reach it, I've got the Boomerang, Bombs, Bow and Arrow, Raft, and Whistle.

Imprisoned
11-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Wow, that quest looks like the 4th best I've EVER seen. The picture of the Jade Temple looks kewl... 11-HEADED GLEEOK!!!! Oh my god...

Aranda
11-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Beat level 2,

Now where the hell is Level 3

nashvillan
12-03-2006, 05:02 AM
welcome to AGN ;)
you need the wand on these blue fire candles
You can find the wand somewhere in level 4

Greetings, first time posting on here, and I've been a member for about 4 years.

I have assaulted those poor blue fire pits in level 4 with a barrage of wand shots, but nothing's happening.

On a side note, I'm noticing that despite repeated wand shots, my magic meter remains at full strength (which is currently 3 magic containers). Is that supposed to happen? Are the two problems related? I'm using version 2.10.

Imprisoned
12-03-2006, 06:10 AM

(Damn you, liars!!)

elise
12-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Greetings, first time posting on here, and I've been a member for about 4 years.

I have assaulted those poor blue fire pits in level 4 with a barrage of wand shots, but nothing's happening.

On a side note, I'm noticing that despite repeated wand shots, my magic meter remains at full strength (which is currently 3 magic containers). Is that supposed to happen? Are the two problems related? I'm using version 2.10.Think you already gave your self the answere playing in the wrong version , the versions aren't compatible on eachother you walk into bugs sooner or later not caused by the quest but by the version , like the 210 can give wrong enemies on the wrong time in a quest made in an earlier version , or hookshots not working when you need them , and this one probably also is caused by playing in the wrong version :shrug: