PDA

View Full Version : What is T-music?

Freelancer
10-18-2004, 08:33 PM
I was just wondering, what is T-music? Also can Zquest play .wav files?

*b*
10-18-2004, 09:16 PM
ZQuest cannot play .wav files as music, no. and T-music is Tracker Music. use that if you want to play MP3s, .it, .mod, and a variety of other music files

Ganonator
10-18-2004, 09:17 PM
T music is "Tracker Music" in the .it format. I'm sure you can find an editor that converts .spc (super nintendo rom music files) into .it files.

.wavs aren't currently supported, however, .mp3s are. If you convert, you can get those to play.

Last comment, if you use grabber.exe to open up the sfx.dat file, you can edit the sound effects and distribute this file.

4matsy
10-19-2004, 01:32 AM
Yeah, actually, if I remember right, tracker music of extension S3M or XM is also supported in addition to IT and MOD.

Dunno if MP3 support is in the publically-released beta though, though I know it's been done in the private betas they're testing now. Some ZC beta tester, refresh my memory here? :p

*b*
10-19-2004, 02:04 AM
I don't use public betas (yep, I'm too good for those), so I wouldn't know if they can play MP3s or not. the private betas, however can play MP3 files, as I said in my previous post

Freelancer
10-19-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't use public betas (yep, I'm too good for those), so I wouldn't know if they can play MP3s or not. the private betas, however can play MP3 files, as I said in my previous post is the newest version compatable with private beta junk? Also how do you convert wav to mp3?

Freedom
10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
MP3's work in the 183 zquest using 184 player, the rest I haven't tried.

It's pretty simple to test it for yourself, just put one in the folder, and load it into your OW dmap and go play.
In less time than posting on this board.

Freelancer
10-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Looks like someone wants to be a beta tester (ME).