PDA

View Full Version : Team America World Police

Rijuhn
10-16-2004, 11:50 PM
I just came back from the theater and I saw Team America World Police with my sister. I found the movie very funny, but it seemed to lack something though I can't put my finger on it. They did curse way too much for my taste, just like South Park The Movie, but some of it added to the comedy but most of it was pointless.

There was one part in the movie that was totally over the line and I think should have never been in the movie, but I'm sure someone found it funny. Other than that the movie was a step up for Matt and Tray and I'm looking forward to anything else they decide to work on.

Glitch
10-17-2004, 12:19 AM
It looks dumb but I still want to see it cause I am a fan of Matt and Trey.

Warlock
10-17-2004, 01:45 AM
Funny as hell :D The "America: F**K YEAH!" song was the best!

Rainman
10-17-2004, 03:30 AM
I haven't seen it yet. At first I thought it'd be dumb, but after watching a good trailer for it I had new hope. As usual I won't see it in theaters though. I rarely do so for any movie. Last one I saw in theaters was ROTK.

Ganonator
10-17-2004, 04:23 AM
My roomates went tonight and said it was totally amazing. I decided to get drunk with a crush of mine and his friends.

After a long while, I should have gone to the movie :(

I can't wait to see it!!

Ich
10-17-2004, 10:49 AM
I want to see it. I haven't yet. I'll need to find a readily accessible movie theater playing it.

Feasul
10-17-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm probably not going to see it. Before I see a movie I like to hear what Ebert and Roeper say. I don't always agree with them, but I still appreciate their opinions. Ebert thought it was disgusting, vulgar, and without any redeming quality as a political satire because it portrays the message that anyone who cares about anything is stupid.
Roeper thought it was funny as a satire of action movies rather than a political satire and didn't see the nihilistic message. So:
Ebert: thumb way down
Roeper: Marginal thumbs up
But I wouldn't have seen it anyway.

Warlock
10-17-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm probably not going to see it. Before I see a movie I like to hear what Ebert and Roeper say. I don't always agree with them, but I still appreciate their opinions. Ebert thought it was disgusting, vulgar, and without any redeming quality as a political satire because it portrays the message that anyone who cares about anything is stupid.
Roeper thought it was funny as a satire of action movies rather than a political satire and didn't see the nihilistic message. So:
Ebert: thumb way down
Roeper: Marginal thumbs up
But I wouldn't have seen it anyway.

You trust the opinions of people who gave movies like Tomb Raider and Garfield thumbs up?

Anyways, they aren't even the target audience. If you like South Park you will like this. If you think South Park sucks or is too over the top, you won't like this. Plain and simple.

Feasul
10-17-2004, 09:36 PM
I said I appreciate their opinions, there is a difference. Opinions are subjectively true. I also said that I don't always agree with them, so I don't always "trust" their opinions. Besides, Garfield only got 1 thumb up. :)

Paradox
10-18-2004, 12:26 AM
I saw it and loved it, some parts were hilarious even though others got dull.

Archibaldo
10-18-2004, 10:35 AM
A friend of mine saw it yesterday. He said it was really funny. I'm going to see it when it comes to a theatre near me.