PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost a newbie

BubbaShrimp
10-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Unfortunately, after I downloaded 184 and tried to run it, I got this message:

zelda-w.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have uninstalled it and re-installed it several times, all with the same results. I tried 183 and got a 2" square in the upper left corner of the screen. Sometimes there would be some flames and the noise of fire and other times there would just be a blank box and the noise of the fire. The maximize and close buttons won't work.

I am using Windows XP home with 512mb of memory and 50gb of free disk space. Any ideas what could be wrong?

ShadowTiger
10-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, at least you've got the fire sound. :) (Unless that's something going really, really wrong in your tower. :sweat: :p ) .. Heh. I would look for a version of Allegro 4.1 to put in your folder. You may also need a good ag.cfg just in case, (You probably got it from Ganonator, right? A bunch of people have had that problem. Nice of him to let us use his version though.) Open up the ag.cfg file in a standard text editor, and look at directories and such. Make sure everything is pointing in the right place. ... My browser is acting up, so I'm going to cut it short and wish you luck. I've never seen such an error. Try asking for help in the ZC Discussion forums for some better assistance! ^_^ And good luck. :) And welcome to AGN. ;)

AtmaWeapon
10-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Moving to an appropriate ZC forum, but I'm fairly certain your problem is you downloaded 184. Try one of the 1.9x versions available from www.zeldaclassic.com.

Freedom
10-17-2004, 05:05 PM
click on my sig where my quests are and scroll down to the page that tells you how to get it running on your PC and you should be good to go.