PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 is teh gold!

Blonde799
10-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Gotcha (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/14/news_6110539.html).:p
Arr, there be much game hoarding this day. Hope you guys have your Xboxes modded to play it, heh.:laughing:

NESLolo32
10-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Well, on behalf of this I must laugh in the face of Halo fans because I will laugh when Microsoft hits you with a fine for getting a pirated version.
I don't have a modded Xbox anyways :shrug:

Ganonator
10-15-2004, 03:03 PM
All I can think of is my asshole roomate last year who spent the entire first semester downloading pirated games. Maybe they'll catch him, hang him, and blow his fucking head off..

And fine people.

I hope to work for microsoft one day, and seeing how this really affects other games in developement (all about the money) I might have just lost a job because one of these fuckwads wanted to play Halo 2 a bit early.

Blonde799
10-15-2004, 04:50 PM
I don't like pirates either. Only reason Enterbrain has a bad impression on the US market, and the possibility that the company will never create any creation tools again is always closer now. I mean, how simple is it to release a translation patch, and let everyone buy the game? But no, greedy gamers want more for free. Bastards.:p

Grasshopper
10-15-2004, 11:46 PM
You do know it is gold, right?

They've already sent a final version to get printed. How do ya think it got pirated so easy.

Cloral
10-16-2004, 03:48 AM
I'll bet this was an inside job. It would be pretty easy if you had access to the DVD burn to copy it to your computer and upload it to the net.

Dark_jester1587
10-16-2004, 06:33 PM
who cares if it was an inside job...you sound like your talking about a 10 million dollar car getting stolen...its not as large as you make it...the true fans will buy it anyway...thats the nature of gaming

Masamune
10-16-2004, 06:36 PM
who cares if it was an inside job...

Because possibley the entire (except me, I don't care.) gaming populace has been on the edge of their seats waiting for this, and it's just been leaked. It's interesting to know HOW it happened. Oh well, it's the PAL XB version anyway. I don't feel like modding my XB either, seeing as I've never had very good experience with mods.

MottZilla
10-18-2004, 04:57 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't care? Halo wasn't that great. Average at best. The "leak" is not at ALL unique or news. The majority of popular/expected game releases are always pre-empted by the game hitting the net before it hits the shelves. It doesn't hurt real sales as bad as some want you to believe. You should remember, multiplayer functions are ussually protected by unique ID, which is ussually the big deal of these games. People that would actually buy the game, might get the pirate since they can't wait, then they buy the real thing later. People that get the pirate and don't buy it, chances are, wouldn't buy it anyway. Really, people like to believe it's horrible, but it isn't. Anyway, I'll be excited when a REAL game comes out (Metroid Prime 2). Till then I'll play the last great games (BurnOut 3, MK Deception). ;p

Blonde799
10-18-2004, 07:27 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't care? Halo wasn't that great.
^___^
Not too much in my field of anticipated games either. I'm just keeping myself entertained with MK: Deception and SMT:Nocturne. Two great games, that don't need to be graphically superior to be any good.:)

vegeta1215
10-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't care? Halo wasn't that great. Average at best...Anyway, I'll be excited when a REAL game comes out (Metroid Prime 2). Till then I'll play the last great games (BurnOut 3, MK Deception). ;p

Yeah, I don't really care either. I don't own an X-Box, but I've played Halo multiplayer over my friends house, and it wasn't anything special.

I'm excited about Metroid Prime 2 too. In anticipation I played through Hard mode on Metroid Prime and beat it the other day with 100% item collection and scans, unlocking the remaining art galleries. :D

Cloral
10-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Thank you for reminding me I need to go over to EB and reserve a copy of MP2.

Honestly, I don't care that much either about Halo2. I don't have an XBOX, nor have I played the first one at all. But now I've seen burns of the games we're working on passed around the office. So I was thinking how easy it would be for someone to dump one to the internet.

goKi
10-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Speaking of metroid prime 2... when is it's release?

Blonde799
10-20-2004, 04:56 AM
11/15/04 NA I believe. And a week or two later for EU.

goKi
10-20-2004, 06:30 AM
holy shit, i thought it was next year some time, going to preorder tomorrow

MottZilla
10-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Poor me, with no money. I'll have to rent it I think. As it is a new game, gonna cost 50$ or so. :O