PDA

View Full Version : Hey, did he just hit my car????

Pig
10-14-2004, 08:31 PM
was on my merry way today, when I decided to stop and check my P.O. Box. There is a post office in a gas station not far from my house, so that's where I got mine at. Anyways, went inside, checked mail, got in car, attempted to drive away. The parking lot of the gas station and the road are adjoining, there is no real "entry" or "exit" to the gas station. There was a wrecker in front of me, and I didn't think anything of it, he was trying to get back out on the highway. I started to pull up beside him so I could get ahead of him, but I thought, "Now, Stephanie, how would Jesus drive?" and didn't. So I pulled up in line behind him and waited. I look up... and he is going in reverse. I think maybe he'll stop... he doesn't stop. I lay on my horn as hard as I could... *crash* He backs into my car. Now I had all kinds of obscene words flying through my head, but he took the words out of my mouth when he got out of the wrecker and said, "Did I hit your car? Oh s**t!" He was backing up to tow a car away. Rule number 1 of driving in reverse: ALWAYS LOOK BEHIND YOU. He said he "didn't see me." WTF?? He was backing up to hook his wrecker to another car!! How could you not have seen me, old hag? I told him I laid on my horn and, get this, "Oh, was that you? I heard somebody honk their horn, but didn't look to see who it was." No crap, Sherlock. It dented the front bumper of my car, scratched the paint off, and dented the front part of my side panel. He owner of he wrecker company offered to pay to have it fixed. I can't. If they fix it, they will file it on insurance. My car was already a piece of crap, and they will total it. I can't go without a car now. The insurance company won't give me hardly anything for it. It could be enough for a down payment on another car. So yeah, I'm driving around with my bumper dented most of the way in like a stupid idiot and all because somebody didn't look when they were backing up. Jerkface... I hope he gets fired. :evil: :laughing:

Dark_jester1587
10-18-2004, 06:51 PM
rule #2 of driving...when all else fails....slam on the accelerator...and of course Rule #3...never take a turn doing over 90 if your driving an SUV(i would know...i almost rolled)

Artex
10-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Pig, that sucks. Under those circumstances, I think that even Jesus would have run the guy over.....too bad the your car was smashed, and lucky for him though. Was his car damaged any?

Also, and somewhat off-topic....

Rule #3...never take a turn doing over 90 if your driving an SUV(i would know...i almost rolled)
And you continue....for some reason, to do so? You shouldn't make rules if you aren't going to follow them.

Dracula
10-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Rule #4... if you're like Jester, find a tree... then go back to rule #2. :)