PDA

View Full Version : Me Again!

Wallnut1588
10-13-2004, 05:36 PM
hi this time i was wondering how, or if i can put more than one dmap on an overworld. i want to do this so i can have a forest tune when in the forest, a town tune when in the towns, etc,...

right now i have them all on diff. overworld maps, w/ diff. dmaps for each, and i connected them using side warps, but it being a royal pain. help?

Freedom
10-13-2004, 06:22 PM
build your overworld map all on one screen, and use dmaps to change areas, color music, etc by using sidewarps into those areas.

Maps are Maps and dmap are dmaps.
maps are the screens you build, and dmaps hold the information for those screens.
You can have as many dmaps to a map as you want, if you use the first map to build an overworld, then you can bust it up into 10 or 20 or more different areas with different music, colors, etc.
Every time you warp, you warp from one dmap to another, so the dmaps are what control everything.
so if you are going from a forest area to a desert area on the overworld, and you want different colors and music, you just set sidewarps between the 2 screens, to warp from that dmap to the next, by using (generally) a scrolling sidewarp.

Wallnut1588
10-13-2004, 06:41 PM
okay, but i do i designate the desert dmap to work w/ the desert section of my overworld map. i may have 5 dmaps for map 1, but how do i tell zc to put them in the right order according to the side warps?

Freedom
10-13-2004, 06:56 PM
but i do i designate the desert dmap to work w/ the desert section

by using warps

example;

forest is ending on screen 73 and on screen 74 is desert
you make up a dmap for desert and on screen 73 you side warp to screen 74 using that desert dmap.
To go back to the forest, you make up a forest dmap and sidewarp from screen 74 to the forest dmap to screen 73