PDA

View Full Version : Staff member

Ovi
10-13-2004, 09:23 AM
How can I become a staff member? I don't have to be paid or anything, but I'd still like to be of any importance to the site however little. I'd prefably want to be a staff member of ZC, but AGN in general is good too... :rolleyes:

Dark Nation
10-13-2004, 09:48 AM
How to be a staff member:

Step 1, don't ask. Surest way to not get picked.
Step 2, learn all you can about what you want to help with. Want to be a ZC staff member? Master using ZC. Answer people's questions. Be helpful. Be the first person in people's minds when they think, "I wonder if anyone knows how to do this...".
Step 3, act mature.

ShadowTiger
10-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Step 4, (Done earlier, of course.) Watch for spots available. Notice how the ZC forums already have FOUR ZC Moderators. VEL does a wonderful job closing and moving topics, Cloral is easily fulfilling the requirements of managing the Bug Reports forum, and plith has made himself known a few times in the recent past. Don't bother applying for a position which is already filled. :p

But what you COULD do, is help the community in other ways by either making midis or tiles for people, or designing great quests for people to play. Never underestimate the simple(r) stuff. ;) :highfive:

Dark Nation
10-13-2004, 03:23 PM
True, but there's no application process to begin with. It's done by nomination or appointment. So, if a mod leaves, you'd want to be foremost in people's minds as a replacement.

Ovi
10-13-2004, 07:46 PM
So what you're trying to say is just to make myself know, right?

CJC
10-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Being part of a forum staff can be very stressful, and like DN said the members have to have a lot of faith in you.

So, if you're really serious about getting a staff position, first you'll have to make several quality posts on the forum so people can get a feel of the kind of person you are.

Again, staffing is stressful, and a lot of the time the downsides outweigh the benifits. But if you're really that interested you can follow the steps that DN and BH4 have laid out, and maybe in a couple years you could become a staff member.

Freelancer
10-14-2004, 07:16 PM
I have to admit there are somethings you can not do or "there are some things money cannot buy for everything else there is mastercard" Besides who cares they might even want your house ID and mail so you do not want to get in trouble online do you?

MottZilla
10-15-2004, 02:27 AM
Ovi, chances are there are many great members that would take over for moderating if a spot was left vacant that have been here much much longer than you have. And wanting to be staff is not a reason at all to be "staff". People on staff have contributed in some way. And ussually have been here quite some time. And spots opening up as far as moderating goes are low. Enjoy ZC, don't worry about titles.

Ovi
10-29-2004, 08:18 PM
[COLOR=Navy][I]Mottzila, I suppose you're right... :rolleyes: At the moment I should worry about high-school :grad: (If you haven't guessed, that's why I haven't been to active for a month or so) and the web page I'm trying to desighn and maybe eventually mak it reality. :computer: Thing is that it's not being to kind:banghead: but that's getting off subject.

P.S. About the tags for this forum, why are they different from html tags? Is there no set standered for anything???

Freelancer
10-29-2004, 08:24 PM
two things this guy means getting you to give $.Also do you really have a page? What would you do with a big title I really do not think it matters to much that become a tester anyway... If you are highschool then I doubt you could even have enough time for ZC anyway so let us just say I cannot even give you a title in my site either, bye! (smiley)

Ganonator
10-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Let me tell you a little story. It's about a guy that was just like you, that is now a big bad and evil Senior Moderator.

At first, he mainly sticked around the ZC forums, but over time, met some great friends in the other forums around here.

Over a year later of working hard, being a good forum member, and was well known for his legible and readable posts. He was asked to be a moderator of a forum he was well versed in - Ask Someone Who Gets Laid.

After doing his job there, he helped the community out in other ways, including more Zelda Classic Quests, being a good friend to other members, and going to AGNcon.

Last week, he was nomiated for Senior Moderator because he had a plan for the future of AGN as a whole. His plans are currently being worked on and put through.

Anybody know who it was?

offtopic, you just have to close your tags, Ovi. you had both the opens, but no close ones. throw some [/i] and [/color] to the end, and it fixes it.

MottZilla
10-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Ganonator, the last thing we need is more kiddies in the ASWGL forum. ;p

Anyway, maybe someone should make a topic and pin it on the forum for future power/title hungering kiddies?

Ovi
10-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey! Who ever said I'm a kid!?! (Okay, so it's preety obvious I am) FL, about my web page, it's non-existent at the moment, it's just another of those things that are stressing me out right now, I want it to be perfect and I'll setle for nothing less,

vegeta1215
10-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Anyway, maybe someone should make a topic and pin it on the forum for future power/title hungering kiddies?

I thought there was a rule or suggestion posted "officially" somewhere about not asking to be on the staff (or a ZC tester for that matter), but I haven't been able to find anything like that. I think it would certainly help, cause this is a common topic with new members.

Freelancer
10-30-2004, 09:38 AM
I am a kid I told you I am in only grade 6 and I wish there was a swear filter because swearing is evil anyway I am a kid.