PDA

View Full Version : make stairs w/ flute?

Wallnut1588
10-12-2004, 08:22 PM
yeah, uh... i was wondering how u make stairs appear when you blow the flute. i put the secret combo to the stairs, and the flag to whissle, and set it to where i wanted the stairs to be, but is still doesnt work... help?

wheew! first post!

ShadowTiger
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
(Congrats. :D ) .. Okay, first of all, answer me this. Are there other secrets you can trigger on the screen? Because if there aren't, this will work just fine. If there are, we'll have to do a bit of investigating if you've done everything you said you did.

Place Flag #3 (The whistle flag) anywhere you want Link to be able to play the whistle to have the secret trigger, then set the secret flag #16 (the upper left secret combo in the 4x4 secret combo box area) in the Secret Combos area, accessible via the Data menu, then place secret flag #16 via the flag menu onto where you want the stairs to appear.

Otherwise, there's the option where you blow the whistle, and about one second later, the screen turns... weird, ... and some stairs appear with that secret sound. ... Wait. What do you mean, "It doesn't work." Does the wrong combo appear? Does absolutely nothing happen at all?

Freedom
10-12-2004, 09:20 PM
press page down and choose the stairs, (yellow flag) next to the rupie and the positioning flags, and place the yellow flag where you want the stairs to appear.

Wallnut1588
10-13-2004, 05:30 PM
okay, i fiddled around w/ what freedom and hero said and my only problem now is no matter where i blow the flute the stairs appear. the screen turns weird too if that helps. thanks for puting up w/ my crap!

Freedom
10-13-2004, 06:12 PM
That's the way it works when you set it up like that, you don't even need the whistle flag.

IF you want to set it up to have the player only able to blow the whistle on a certain spot and have the steps appear (and get rid of the weird colors too) then move the yellow stair flag back up into the upper left corner, remove the stairs from the stair slot in secret combos and place a stair combo into slot #16 and place the whistle flag where you want it on the screen and flag #16 on the screen where you want the stair to appear.
setting it up this way however will trigger all other secret combos you may have on the screen as well.

Wallnut1588
10-13-2004, 06:55 PM
alright, i did that and now i dont even have to blow the flute. when i cut the bush (i have the stairs hidden under a bush) the stairs are alredy there, and the screen still goes weird when i blow the flute...

Freedom
10-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Have you read the tutorials?
In my link below, where it says quests I've completed, there is a page that has links to all of the major tutorials available, and more information and sites.
try that.