PDA

View Full Version : Want a "Palettes" tutorial?

Freedom
10-12-2004, 02:51 AM
I've been playing around with and studying how palettes are used in Zelda Classic for a while now.
I don't claim to have all the answers, but also realize there is very little info on this subject out there, and I thought if there was enough people interested, I'd put together a tutorial on what I've figured out so far.

It probably won't answer every question you'll ever have, but I think it will give a good accounting of the basics.

Since this would require a pretty good amount of time to put together, I'd like to know in advance if it's going to be something people need or want, so it will be worth my time.

How many would like to see something like this?

ShadowTiger
10-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Well, I know of at least a few people who may want something like that. I'm sure your services would be considerably invaluable, Freedom, and such a guide would be much appreciated by the various people who indulge in ZC, but haven't been able to figure out the pallete system yet.

Is there any particular area you'll be focusing on? I'd recommend focusing on Cset 9 and its variability and uses, and how changing the colors will alter things in the game, not the other way around. (Hence, note caution.)

Freedom
10-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Would you like to contribute a section on cset 9, and maybe some of the things you done with it, the more info the better :)

Shash
10-30-2004, 04:38 PM
That would surtanly help me out alot....

Freedom
10-30-2004, 06:27 PM
I've started the pages on Palettes, they can be accessed through the top link in my sig.
What is done so far are just the basics to familiarize a person with the ZC palettes, nothing advanced really, but a foundation.
I'll try and add more as time permits, and am open to suggestions and info from others who may have a deeper understanding then I do.

*b*
10-30-2004, 06:53 PM
I may be able to help, as graphics seem to be my forte. I've never used pallete cycling, though, so I won't be much help there, but I can help in any other area, though

Freedom
10-31-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm all for that :)

zael
11-07-2004, 08:59 AM
I have definetly got to check it out when its done. When will it be done?