PDA

View Full Version : Prisoners get better health care than you. :-Þ

ShadowTiger
10-10-2004, 10:18 PM
I was reading the latest Readers Digest while waiting for my turn in a particularly lengthy line, and I saw a rather uncomfortable article (in the October 2004 issue, hence, latest.) that claimed that prisoners inside prison get a fairly good health care program. (I don't have the article in front of me, so please kindly excuse any inconsistencies.) Really, take a look at the article. They have an example where this man who was accused of an extraordinarily improper action taken with a young girl or someone only did what he did because he had longed for so long to be a girl, and had believed he had been born into the wrong sex. ... At this point, I'll give you two guesses as to what happened to him. :p Either everyone looked at him and laughed, and locked the bars to his cell even tighter, or decided to give him a hormone change operation for free at taxpayer expense. ... Yep, it was the second one. :sweat: The worst part is, it goes to taxpayer expense!

1) It's FREE for the criminals.
2) It costs US money.
3) WE don't get the benefit.
3.5/EDIT:) ... I am suddenly reminded of how dropping the soap in the shower is made so much easier in this situation. :rolleyes:
4) Does a criminal really deserve whatever he/she/it wants, considering their actions? Prison doesn't grant things, it's supposed to restrict things, albeit personal freedom.

Scary. :sweat: Thoughts? Do you think they deserve this treatment?

Ich
10-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Absolutely not. If you are a violent criminal, you deserve to be treated by the law in as brutal of a fashion as possible; a permissive attitude by guards towards anal gang rape in prison showers is just a convenient way to make prison punish violent criminals more effectively.

Glitch
10-10-2004, 10:36 PM
No. Not at all.

VEL
10-10-2004, 11:28 PM
I heard about something similar to this in a newspaper somewhat recently. I find it annoying that people who commit crimes get rewarded and get things that people who follow the laws don't. It almost makes me want to rob a bank or something so I'll get free healthcare (I wouldn't do that though).

AtmaWeapon
10-11-2004, 01:11 AM
With every passing minute murder seems more and more like fun :)

Archibaldo
10-11-2004, 12:54 PM
I guess that those who are insane get better treatment than people who arn't insane. I mean, If your insane and you kill someone, you'll probably go to an asylum and not prison.