PDA

View Full Version : the best zeldamaker....

Nazgul
10-08-2004, 09:19 PM
i have a question, wich is the best maker of zelda?
i've heard about ZQuest, but also, Hyrule Magic, opne zelda, rpgmaker, game maker.
someone knows wich's the best??

thankss

*b*
10-08-2004, 09:30 PM
it depends on what you want to do. if you want to make a Zelda 1 clone, ZC is the best. if you want to make a Final Fantasy remake, RPG Maker would be the best. it all depends on what you want

Nazgul
10-08-2004, 10:02 PM
well, if i want to make a Gamo Boy Zelda (like ZeldaDX), what maker would you recomend me?? :D

Petoe
10-09-2004, 03:37 AM
well, if i want to make a Gamo Boy Zelda (like ZeldaDX), what maker would you recomend me?? :D

Well in that case Zelda Classic is a perfect program for you. ;)

*b*
10-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Well in that case Zelda Classic is a perfect program for you. ;)

I agree. I've never used Game maker, and I've hardly used Open Zelda. RPG Maker sucks for Zelda, so that just leaves ZC. unfortunatley, the screen is bigger than the gameboy, so it won't look EXACTLY right, but in ZC, you can do most of the stuff that you would need to for a GB Zelda game

questerd00dman^
10-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey where do you get rpg maker anyways?

Nazgul
10-13-2004, 09:37 PM
thanks for the answers, but i want to see more opinions....

Blonde799
10-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Hey where do you get rpg maker anyways?
PC RPG Makers are illegal, unless you get a translated patch with the original japanese software that you bought. The console RPG Makers aren't too suited to LoZ game, but RPG Maker 2 is a great choice if you want to try and make one, as it has the most flexibility.

ZC isn't for those who want GB Zelda style games. More like for people who want a basic Z1 game, but with better graphics/a few items from other Zelda games. I suggest Open Zelda if you can stand the scripting.