PDA

View Full Version : Found a new game that might be of interest.... (with maples in it!)

Skulkraken
10-07-2004, 07:38 AM
I oversaw some talk in the Gamefaqs message boards for Gunbound about a new online game named Maple Story, so I decided to check it out.

--Here's the overall gist of it that I've gotten from playing and seeing what others have found out:

------ It's a MMORPG, with the closest comparison probably being Ragnarok Online.
------ It's a sidescrolling MMORPG.
------ There are lots of plants in it.
------ There's supposedly many references to Australia hidden in it.
------ Lag shows up every so often, and there are occasional glitches, but the game is still in beta, so I'm willing to forgive that for now.
------ The game is apparently going to follow the pricing strategy of Gunbound, with the game permanently being free, but with special avatar items and services, like tanning and hair salon access, available through payment.

I've been playing for several days now, and have a level 15 warrior as my main character in it.

Oh yeah, I better put the URL for the game now, right? You can find it here. (http://www.mapleglobal.com)

DsS Game
10-07-2004, 04:27 PM
The game looks confusing to me.

Daywalker

MANDRAG GANON
10-07-2004, 04:30 PM
I saw this about 3-4 months ago while looking for stuff on Pristontale, I tried to download it but all the download links were broken and the game was totally korean. It looks really interesting though. Do many english people play becasue from what I saw its all koreans. Whats the battle system like?

Have to check it out now that the download might be back up, and have an english site now...pretty nice.... This game acctually inspired me a bit to work on my own sidescrolling RPG heh.

DsS Game
10-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah I played the game. The game is just sooo odd to me. I dunno I don't think I can get into it.

Daywalker

Rijuhn
10-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Gah!! This sucks!!! I really want to play the game because it looks really cool but I'm only downloading at 30 KB a second max! I have cable internet capable of downloading .5 MB a second.

Does anyone have it already downloaded that they could send it to me through AIM or something? My AIM screen name is RijuhnAG. Thanks.

Jawa Podracer
10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
^ Same problem as you, but I was going 7 kb/s, whereas I normally go 300 KB/s.

mikeron
10-13-2004, 05:13 AM
Looks badass, but somehow I think getting this in the middle of the week would be a bit too irresponsible.

*Goes back to work.*

DsS Game
10-14-2004, 02:45 AM
Gah!! This sucks!!! I really want to play the game because it looks really cool but I'm only downloading at 30 KB a second max! I have cable internet capable of downloading .5 MB a second.

Does anyone have it already downloaded that they could send it to me through AIM or something? My AIM screen name is RijuhnAG. Thanks.

It actually took me 4 minutes to dl and I'm on DSL.

Daywalker

Masamune
10-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Strange... I'm dling it now at 200 kb/s. I'll try and get it to you next time I see you on, Rijuhn.