PDA

View Full Version : shield....

Nazgul
10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
hi, i'm new in the Zelda Classic (if i write wrong, it's because i'm from argentina :D)
i wanted to use the shield, but i couldn't use it. is it posible to use it???

thankss

ShadowTiger
10-05-2004, 09:41 PM
In order to use your shield, all you have to do is face the projectile you wish to block, and stand perfectly still. Yep, that's it! ^_^ Heh.

However, if you press either A or B, (Or at least the buttons you have assigned to them, anyway.) while Link is stabbing, or doing whatever action B will do, his shield isn't in front of him, so the attack will hit him anyway. So be careful of that when you're in a bunch of Moblins or Octoroks, stabbing away.

Also, here's a brief list of what the shields can and cannot block.

Normal:
* Rocks from Octoroks
* Spears / Arrows from Moblins

Magic Shield:
* Rocks from Octoroks
* Fireballs from Zolas
* Magic from Wizrobes and Octoroks on Crack.
* Swords from Stalfos 2, Stalfos 3, Lynels, and Death Knights. (MAYBE!)

Mirror Shield:
* Rocks from Octoroks
* Fireballs from Zolas (REFLECTS THESE AT AN ANGLE!)
* Magic from Wizrobes and Octoroks on Crack. (REFLECTS THESE AT A 180 DEGREE ANGLE!) ...
(Assuming a 180 degree angle means that it reflects back at the enemy, .. then.. yes. :p)
* Swords from Stalfos 2, Stalfos 3, Lynels, and Death Knights.

I'm actually not that sure about the boomerangs from Goriyas. I think no shield can block a boomerang thrown at you, but the magic or mirror shield(s) may be able to do it. I'm really, really not sure though. I think they don't, because I seem to hate those enemies more than others. :p

*b*
10-05-2004, 09:42 PM
the shield is always used. just face the object that's coming at you, and if you have a high-level shield, it will deflect it automatically

er, BH4 beat me to it

oh, and you can deflect Goriya's boomberang with the shield, but I'm not sure which level, if you can at all, that is. I'm pretty sure you can with the normal shield, though

Exdeath
10-06-2004, 04:02 PM
You can block the Goriya's boomerang with any shield.