In the arms of another
And I don’t know what I did wrong
I'm left all alone
An empty shell
My happiness has left me
And I’m stuck in hell

ShadowTiger
10-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Goat, .. that was beautiful, man. You know it's bad when someone you truly love dumps you and leaves you in the dirt, and you can suddenly write great poetry. :shakeno:

:cry:
*Hugs Goat*

Goat
10-05-2004, 09:40 AM
and you can suddenly write great poetry.

But I've always written great poetry (http://goat.armageddongames.net/misc/poems.txt), I was just actually happy for once, no pain to write about, *shrugs* oh well

ShadowTiger
10-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Hm. Goat, I gotta hand it to you, you got the gift. ;) Perhaps next, you can try a "found poem." Y'know, where you take random lines that you hear on the street, all from other people, and assemble them into something interesting. I'll give you an example.

(Source (http://poetsagainstthewar.org/displaypoem.asp?AuthorID=2255))

Found Sonnet: Remarks Overheard at the Wall (Washington, D. C.)

"Do you have someone here? Let me try
a different lens. Before we were born.
There it is. You mean all those people died?
We're underground. The war we didn't win.

They had a great big article on him. Oh
my god. Everything's picked up at the end of the day
and catalogued. This is not a TV show.
It was his first assignment. No fucking way.

Take a picture of us in the reflection. They're
not buried here. The order of death. It's simple.
This one could be a girl. He was making a career
out of it. Are you looking at this at all?

Excuse me. These walls are getting higher.
I've been here before. I can't believe it. My brother."

Seriously man, these things are awesome. You should really try one. They can be very enigmatic at times.

carrot red
10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
That's beautiful, Goat, but I wish it wasn't so sad. It's her loss though. Sorry. Write one about what she lost when she left you...

Master Ghaleon
10-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Good poem Goat. Its too bad it had to be a sad one like that

moocow
10-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Want me to punch her?

:(

Lilith
10-06-2004, 10:38 PM
*snuggles*

Dracula
10-06-2004, 11:12 PM
I have a lot of respect for people (especially guys) who can pull words from nowhere and use them in poetry, much like in the way you have. That is indeed a good piece of work... emotional, but beautiful.

ZTC
10-07-2004, 01:49 AM
beautiful :thumbsup:
man...
excellent job Goat

Ganonator
10-07-2004, 04:49 AM
I'm sorry I didn't reply to this when you first posted. It was very touching.

You should start a band.. I desperately wanted to have that be a song on my playlist.

/me hearts Goat.

Goat
10-07-2004, 07:17 AM
It made her cry and feel horrible when I emailed it to her. And then she for whatever reason thought i was going to kill myself. I let her dwell on that for a few days, untill she was all panicked and freaking out and I gave her a huge amount of shit for judging me. Mission acomplished :thumbsup:

moocow
10-07-2004, 07:15 PM
lmao, you never cease to amaze me, Danny. You're such a dick, I <3 you.

Goat
10-07-2004, 07:34 PM
...You're such a dick, I <3 you.

Last week I todl her that i was goign back home to newark for the weekend, and i told her taht if i wasnt at work on sunday night, that i was staying there and she would never see me again, she gets all sad and saying shell miss me so much, and shes so sorry for everything, and i just said, well you made your choice and it wasnt me, im makign mine and it isnt you, and she started crying, then i asked my boss if i could switch my off night from tuesday to sunday. It was hilarious.

moocow
10-07-2004, 10:40 PM
and i just said, well you made your choice and it wasnt me, im makign mine and it isnt you, and she started crying.

Why cry about it? It's true. She made her choice, why feel bad about it. I don't see why she's crying over it when she's the one who fucked you over...

Goat
10-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Im the best friend shes ever had, and she doesnt want me out of her life, EVER, she always capitalizes ever when she tells me or underlines it liek 4 million times when she leaves a note in my locker, our relationship is alot more complicated than it seems on the surface, basically im trying to hurt her as much as she hurt me, so I removed myself from her life, and it hurt her, alot, im bitter tho, in case you cnat tell, and i never plan on letting her back into mine, im never giving her the chance to hurt me again, so i just try to make her feel as horrible as possible, and she hates herself now. What's teh moral of teh story kids? Goat is the nicest, sweetest guy youll ever meet, but dont cross him, because revenge is a mother fucker!

The Desperado
10-10-2004, 11:11 PM
He's not lying. Once i gave him a wedgie, and he put my hampster in a blender and fed it to my dog.
JK

Love ya Goat. Forget the bitch.

Goat
10-11-2004, 09:35 PM
It wasnt a blender, it was a food processor

SixTen
10-11-2004, 09:48 PM
That poem was really good man. I'm saving it.