PDA

View Full Version : Foreign quests

Bandeira
10-05-2004, 12:44 AM
Hello, I'm a brazilian professor and gamer that got ZC and is trying to make a new quest, maybe the first one ever in Brazilian Portuguese language.

My doubt is: could ZC site host a foreign quest like mine?

(Well, if not, then I think I'll have to translate it all to english - there is no problem on it, at least to me)

Thank you in advance.

MottZilla
10-07-2004, 02:08 AM
Yes they could and most likely would.

Bandeira
10-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Good. Now another idea came up to me:

Could I make a brazilian portuguese version and an english one? I can do both, cause it's easy to translate the message strings. This way I'd have players of both languages playing. If I do so, would hosting yet be an option for me?

MottZilla
10-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Ofcourse. From my understanding the majority if not all of places which host quests will host different versions of a quest, so long as it were something different like that, and not like an older version of the same quest. Anyways, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't host both language versions.

Bandeira
10-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Much appreciated. Thank you =)

(the reply was worth the wait :) )

Freedom
10-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Build it, and they will come :)

Eckels
10-07-2004, 03:55 PM
do you have a finished quest that I can add to the QDB? or is this just speculation at the moment?

Bandeira
10-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Nah, just speculation yet. In fact, this all gave me a boost to work on my quest, knowing now that it could be hosted. I was somehow cautious on creating it and then not being able to add it to the DB.

The quest I'm doing is simple, uses the 8-bit graphics proudly and isn't too long or hard. Soon I'll have more details on it, but I can say Link's purpose isn't on saving Zelda. He'll have to do some favors to a friend. =)