PDA

View Full Version : Super Blast-from-the-past strikes back!!

Ganonator
10-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Just kidding, really.

I was sitting at the bus stop today, and there was a girl, about my age, listening to an audio cassette tape.

I can't say I remember seeing one of those for over 2 years.

Eckels
10-04-2004, 05:56 PM
good story. tell it again!

I'm sorry... These painkillers are making me really loopy. I'm just getting stupid. disregard previous message plz.

MANDRAG GANON
10-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Ah I still use audio cassettes. If I still had my Record player i'd still play my records....if I had 8 tracks and a player I'd use those.
But yeah I haven't seen anyone listening to a portable audio casette player in over 5 years atleast.

ShadowTiger
10-04-2004, 09:13 PM
I was sitting at the bus stop today, and there was a girl, about my age, listening to an audio cassette tape.

I can't say I remember seeing one of those for over 2 years.You haven't seen a girl in two years? :odd: You need to leave your house a bit, Ganonator ol' boy.

I still own a couple of cassette tapes. I used to bring a tape recorder on the bus and secretly tape record the insane ramblings of my best friend. He ended up writing a book about them. He made a bit of money too. (By bit, I mean a few dollars. By book, I mean he photocopied something he wrote on his hand.) ... (And I gave him the money to make him stop.)

Feasul
10-04-2004, 09:29 PM
I always use my old Walkman, especially when I'm mowing the lawn. I don't even have a portable CD player, or any CD player of my own at all, and I don't have one of them fancy MP3 players, either. I also use my dad's record player sometimes, too.

moocow
10-04-2004, 11:37 PM
I almost died when I found my old Michael Jackson casset tapes the other day. Actually, it was 3 Micahel Jackson tapes, and MC Hammer tape, Garth Brooks, and The Chipmunks 'urban' something or other tape (The Chipmunks' version of a bunch of country songs). I forget where I put those...

ZTC
10-04-2004, 11:54 PM
heh, i still use my tape player to listen to Weird Al, rip cds, and to record Love Line once in a while

Master Ghaleon
10-05-2004, 12:00 AM
I never owned a cassette tape, I just got cd's

Pablo
10-05-2004, 12:08 AM
I don't remember ever owning a cassette player... my Discman with AM/FM radio works great for me. Don't even wanna bother with an MP3 player after having a shitty little RCA Lyra - but that's for another topic.

Feasul
10-05-2004, 06:43 PM
heh, i still use my tape player to listen to Weird Al
Question: Are you me? The only three tapes I listen to are my rips of Bad Hair Day, Running With Scissors, and Poodle Hat. In fact, as I type I am ripping an old Yankovic CD that my friend made for me a few years back. I only just found it and I'll probably make a cassette copy as soon as I feel like it.

Axel
10-05-2004, 06:55 PM
A tape player? I still use a record player. Now if only my dad had had the sense to buy the White Album when it came out... Oh well, gotta find a CD....
Anyway, before buying a CD burner (which stopped working.... grrr-anger-anger) I hooked up a recorder to my comp's audio output and just copied my MP3's that way. Still got Off the Deep End and Running With Scissors on tape.

MANDRAG GANON
10-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Question: Are you me? The only three tapes I listen to are my rips of Bad Hair Day, Running With Scissors, and Poodle Hat. In fact, as I type I am ripping an old Yankovic CD that my friend made for me a few years back. I only just found it and I'll probably make a cassette copy as soon as I feel like it.
..LoL the only tape I have that I care to listen to is Weird Al : Bad Hair Day...Acctualy that might be the only tape I, myself acctually own...

zfreak2004
10-06-2004, 09:00 AM
The Chipmunks 'urban' something or other tape (The Chipmunks' version of a bunch of country songs). I forget where I put those...

I have that Urban Chipmunk tape I think.... heh, does it have I Love a Rainy Night on it?

bradshawn
10-06-2004, 09:17 AM
you are gay

moocow
10-06-2004, 03:22 PM
I have that Urban Chipmunk tape I think.... heh, does it have I Love a Rainy Night on it?

Yes it does. I was obsessed with that tape when I was a kid, I listened to it all the time. I used to have a Chipmunk christmas tape, too, but the neighbor boy broke it because he was an asshole.

bradshawn, spam is bad. Stop it.

Gerudo
10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Posted by bradshawn
you are gay

congratulations on an uber cool response. did it take you all day to think of that? really witty.

ontopic: honestly, i hadnt seen a cassette tape in a few years before looking at a bargain bin at FYE. i havent used a cassette tape in almost 10 years...

Breaker
10-06-2004, 04:41 PM
you are gay

You are banned.

Axel
10-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Doesn't he get a warning first?
meh, whatever....

Anyway, I like portable tape players better than portable CD players. Every time I try to use a portable CD player it skips all the time. Bugs the hell outta me. Probably just me being way to cheap to buy quality stuff though.