PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the map maker

Ovi
10-04-2004, 04:12 PM
This will probably seem like a very very dumb question; but I can't seem to use the map maker 1.92 beta 183. I can open the map maker itself, but I can't generate any maps. This is really putting me off. Btw, do you need to know anything about programing to be able to create maps?

Freedom
10-04-2004, 05:48 PM
you first have to open your quest and export a qsu, you do that by going to file>export and then typing in a name for it.
then move the ???.qsu into your mapmaker folder.

open mapmaker exe and then hit open and open the qsu.

click on the layers you need in the map
click on which map you want to generate, like dungeon or overworld... whatever the dmap is.
Name the map in the dropdown area at the bottom, just highlight and type in the name, and hit generate, the map will then be placed in the folder

Freelancer
10-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Is map maker the same as ZC, What is mapmaker?

Ovi
10-10-2004, 05:29 PM
I thought it was like Zquest, but I'm startingto dought that strongly. I think that it's supposed to make a map of your dungens, overworld etc, but that's just my guess, I hardly know anything about ZC

*b*
10-10-2004, 06:41 PM
you need to export a QSU file from ZQuest. go to File > Export > Unencoded Quest File. save it, then open mapmaker. load the .qsu file you just saved. it should ask you for some things, like palletes that are used for the map, what map is used, and if it should show layers and items. once you've selected your prefrences, click Ok or Generate, and it will save a map as a .bmp file

it's been a while since I used mapmaker, so I may have gotten a couple steps wrong

Freelancer
10-10-2004, 07:06 PM
All *b* means is that mapmaker will just generate a map of the maps you have in your quests (if you do not understand. So no you are being dragged under by Zquest, USE IT!

fatcatfan
10-10-2004, 09:26 PM
You create quests with ZQuest. Mapmaker creates an image file showing the quest you made in ZQuest, like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/fatcatfan/zelda/isle.png

That image was made with mapmaker in two parts, then combined and resized with the GIMP.