PDA

View Full Version : If you could make a video game with the snap of your fingers what would it be.

Aranda
10-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Dilivery Boy.
Play as Pizza boy.
Diliver pizza to houses.
Fight the hungry, homeless, & the criminal.
Throw bread sticks at enemies.
Collect pizza toppings for points.

King Link
10-04-2004, 05:21 PM
A true MMORPG, much like the one you see in .hack. You could do whatever you want, whenever you want with the same number of rules as you see in real life. Just a great, fun game that's completely free of the restraints that basically every other MMORPG has.

me2
10-04-2004, 05:49 PM
A game where you can go ANYWHERE in the world, I mean ANYWHERE. A satelite would scan the outside, and you would build your house anywhere. The LIFE game. So you could go anywhere you want to. Like Fable only 200 times better.

Blonde799
10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
A FPS that would actually be unique in design, while still staying true to what made FPSs enjoyable in the first place.

A more realistic one, like say, making the player have to duck to get any health packs that are on the groud(more realistic of course, as your feet don't magically get an item and use it). Of course, not all items would be on the ground.;) Or, having a briefing tell you about the level itself, and what would help you on your missions. Let's say the level briefing tells you about a temperature control panel in a few lab rooms. You happen to get into one of those on a mission, but someone locks the door behind you, and raises the temperature through an outside console. Now, to keep yourself from melting, you'd have to lower the temperature, using one of those consoles you just heard about in the briefing. See? Memory would serve you well if you actually happen to remember.

Not only would the level briefing tell you about the history and/or objectives, but it would also tell you about what you could experience in a level, hints on any possible secrets, and maybe locations of weapons or something. I always wanted elements of a game to come together, and be worth just as much as everything else, and I also want a moderate amount of content, not too much, but enough to last the player a long while, if they spend an hour or two a day on it(unfortunately, some people don't have much of a life). I have too many good game ideas, and I know the limits of dvevelopment. I think I might make good visionary.:p

I think I know what makes a game really enjoyable for most audiences, and if I could create a game with the snap of my fingers, I think we'll all be amazed, including myself.

Eckels
10-04-2004, 06:23 PM
a first person shooter with the realistic nature of Doom3, but that includes a digital camera and whatever other necessities needed to easily recreate your place of employment.

Emphasis on the easy. Sure I could spend a few weeks recreating my store in a doom2 wad editor, but what would be the fun in playing it after all that time. Besides, i think at that point, it would jump from "mildly amusing stress reliever" to "tool for obsessive maniac with too much free time".

Ganonator
10-04-2004, 06:32 PM
a hunting style game where you could actually be in the game, via mind-power, where you could close your eyes, and you'd have a hard time distinguishing between the real world and the game world. (Matrix fans unite)

We aren't talking super deer hunter either. I'd like to hunt people.

*b*
10-04-2004, 07:24 PM
A true MMORPG, much like the one you see in .hack

normally, I'd agree with you completley, but I've been working on an idea for a game for the past few months now. it is online, and it might be multiplayer (haven't decided), though you use the online feature mainly for downloading new areas and quests into the game. it's actually a quest I'm working on now, Fragments, only not as restricted as it will be with ZC. I should post my ideas so far

but, needless to say, it would be huge

Eckels
10-04-2004, 07:37 PM
oh yeah, i toitally forgot...

when i was younger and into fighting games (mortal kombat, street fighter 2, etc) I wrote up detailed plans for a fighting game featuring handicapped people. You'd have characters like Retarded Steve, who would have like acid drool, and would whip you with his tongue... and Sun Jumi, the fat sumo wrestler in a wheelchair. There was also a black guy on crutches (the crutches would obviously double as machine guns)... ahomeless vietnam amputee, who would scoot around on one of those moving dollies, a steven hawking type of character, and a few others who i can't remember as of now... It would have been in street fighter type graphics (very cartoony).

Of course it would have never gotten off the ground because of all the sensitive whining liberals in the world, but hell, I would have played it for sure.

Kairyu
10-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Well, deviating slightly from the current lines of sadistic thought...

Something of a cross between a fighter, a RPG, an action-adventure, and a brawler.
Basically:
1: Take Tales of Symphonia.

2: Switch to a more traditional fighting game control setup. Responsive controls are a must.

3: Add a few dozen more characters and an open-ended character-making tool.

4: Diverse characters. No endless shotokan clones.

5: Up the maximum team size from 4 to at least 6.

6: Allow 1-4 teams to fight against each other online, offline, and/or vs. CPU.

7: Give it a REAL story (or drop the pretense of a story altogether and go for more gameplay).

8: Interactive backgrounds, and plenty of 'em. Preferably, an open-ended stage building tool would be included.

9: Equipment. Just the right number of items and equipment. I don't mean standard alter-one-stat equipment like most RPG's. I mean unique, multiple-stat-altering equipment like in Tactics Ogre or Mega Man X: Command Mission. Heck, maybe even some equipment which grows along with the equipee.

10: No spells/techniques/summons/etc. that take 3 minutes of FMV. At most, you'll get a second or two before your opponents get a chance to counter/block.

11: Instead of having MP you get a 3-bar super meter. Unlike traditional fighting games, not all attacks would use 1 full bar or 3 full bars. Characters would have specials which cost varying amounts of super depending on their usefulness/cheapness. Basically, I want to avoid unblockable infinite combos without giving everyone sucky/repetitive movesets.

12: All-or-Nothing mode: Basically an extension on the special attack system. Entering AoN mode would map your specials over your normal attack buttons, and give you unlimited use for specials. However, activating AoN mode takes up 1/3 of a super meter bar right off the bat, and your super meter starts draining very quickly. If it hits 0, your player dies, regardless of what he's in the middle of. Think Instant Kill mode from Guilty Gear X gone psycho.

And, of course, since it's ME making this:
13: High-res 2D sprites and environs instead of 3D models. A la the Guilty Gear series.

14: Extensive, intensive Heavy Metal soundtrack. Yet again, a la Guilty Gear.

Now that I think about it, it's basically River City Ransom Advance meets Guilty Gear Isuka meets some random MMORPG. Morpg. That's a weird word.

MANDRAG GANON
10-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Well I'm acctually in the process of making my dream game (of sorts)

An MMORPG (although the one I'm making is a sidescrolling RPG, Picture Y's III: Wanderers from Y's or Zelda : 4 Swords in the sidescrolling areas.)
basically I want it to be based on skill. So you dont have people being owned because someone spent 3 days straight gaining levels. There will still be levels just it wont change a whole lot. Also I want to have alot of customizability and alot of things for you to do, There will be a basic story for you to follow as well, none of this make your own story bull shit. I'm trying to find out whats wrong with MMORPGs now adays and improve to make a better one. I remember playing Graal for hours on end before it went to the shit. So I'm taking alot of elements from there, hence the lack of levels and more skill.

Here's some of what I got so far if anybody cares. (http://web1.t43.greatnet.de/viewtopic.php?t=6489&sid=ca5c8099d0b60251a91d9f1a64037697)

idontknow
10-04-2004, 11:26 PM
1. Mario Basketball
2. My own "Mario Party" game (or something of that nature)
3. A Super Smash Brothers Game
4. A LoZ game or something of the sort
--My favorite of these would probably have to be Mario Basketball (as discussed in another thread here actually)

Master Ghaleon
10-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Lunar 4

Ghaleon would come back to take over the world. YOU would play as him, the Evil Magic Emperor himself.

Rafnul
10-05-2004, 12:42 AM
I propose a game with two paddles on either side of the screen, and a ball that is hit back and forth...

Rainman
10-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Toolie and I came up with a game idea a long time ago that basically was about a group of N amount of people who crash landed on some planet. Your job was to develope a society from the survivor using the resource in the environment. Each initial person contributed knowledge from the past civilization. Knowledge is used to build things and create any object that might be useful. Everything in the evironment would have weight and properties as well as individual component that can be extracted. It gets a lot more in depth than that just so you know, but I'm not going to give a huge description. To tell you the truth not all things are fleshed out as of yet and aren't likely to be so in the near future. We haven't touched the project since early high school and are now in different colleges.

ShadowTiger
10-05-2004, 11:21 AM
I've always wanted a Zelda (Link, actually. :p ) game that combines a proper RPG with sidescrolling platforming elements. It would have the physics engine roughly of SSBM, with a few graphical improvements, (Kinda like Warcraft III's graphic stylings, particularly zooming and rotating the camera.) There would be all sorts of items, enemies, attacks, (Attacks particularly.) and some kickarse music.

You could speak to people, flip levers, and do other actions with the A button, (BTW, this is all on the GCN, of course.) do various sword combos with B and a direction, use whatever item you have selected with Y, and jump with X. Holding in R would rotate the camera in any direction you wish, and L activates a secondary item, such as the hookshot, or Iron Boots, or some other secondary item.

Items would be divided into two groups: Active, and passive. Active items would include items like the Bow, the Hammer, Nayru's Love, etc. Passive items are things that you can operate while also operating an active item. (Such as having your bow in your hand, readied, as well as your secondary item as well.) You can use your hookshot, or .. yeah, it doesn't matter. Any secondary item. Works fairly well. Z would use your shield. However, you probably cannot use a primary item in addition to your shield at the same time.

I'm not sure what the Keypad or the C-stick would do. I suppose you could kinda use the C-Stick to aim your primary item (Or hookshot. :shrug: ) while you're moving around, kinda like Circle-Strafing, I suppose. (Which you CAN DO, because although it's a sidescroller, it's also a platformer, but in a 3D environment. Although you can't really fall off areas, there is a decent range of motion you can go to dodge attacks.) Oh, and you can also aim your shield using Z and the C-Stick.

I think that's a fairly good configuration for that. :) Of course, I haven't figured out any plot whatsoever. :p I just really like the concept of a sidescrolling Link! ^_^ (Much like AoL, I know, but.. more.. complex, and/or fun.)

Dracula
10-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I know some of you prolly wanna brutaly smash my head in for this... but I always wondered about a 3D Symphony of the Night.

Before the hate-posts fly my way, I am very well aware that Castlevania wasn't meant for 3D, it was meant to be the greatest 2D series of all time, with Symphany being the greatest 2D game EVER... but I still wondered, what if Symphony became the greatest 3D game ever?

I know you all love Zelda... it'd be just like that. An enourmous Zelda temple with temples buried within it. I remember even drawing out maps how it would be if it was a 3D game. Or, I'd even come up with controller configurations, or how Alucard would wnader around in all four of his vampiric forms. His standard form would be the basic run-and-jump-and-slash guy... him turning into a wolf could work as Epona or something... him as a bat, possibly like Star Fox or Rogue Leader... and him turning into mist would be a turn-the-stick-this-way to roam freely (which sounds awesome in my opinion). As I came up with more ideas, I kept saying to myself... "what if?"

...it's just an idea, though. I'm prolly the only one crazy enough to actually attempt such a risky project (If I had the knowledge and supplies to do so). :shrug:

Ibis, God of Magicks
10-06-2004, 01:38 PM
I don't know, I've always talked about a more classic RPG. Something like FF6, but on a next gen system. DON"T make it 3-d. Keep it 2-d, maybe 2 and a half. Just imagine how long the came could be, 50 different classes, a crap load of side quests, hell, have just about anybody in the game possibly become a party member.

DsS Game
10-06-2004, 01:54 PM
A perfectly balanced fighting game with bs roll cancels, overpowered characters, none of that. Where everyone will have a chance to win.

Daywalker

Archibaldo
10-06-2004, 05:21 PM
I would make a rpg, where you can go backward and forward through time. Only when you go backwards in time it be like in the movies, like you would visit places in Indiana Jones and King Arthur. If you went forward you'd be able to visit places in Star Wars and Planet of the Apes. Something along the lines of that.