PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show presents America: the Book

Axel
10-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I bought America: The Book. And its great. Its made to look like a government textbook. All along the way making jokes, vieled comments on the ignorance of the American public, and the sad path our nation is taking. It even includes a poster. Everyone should read it.

Note from the book: Many bothans died to bring us this information.

Pablo
10-03-2004, 11:45 AM
That book is totally my next purchase. I have to have it.

Eckels
10-03-2004, 01:02 PM
i bought it last week to read on my flight to vegas. very funny.

If it didn't have so many swear words in it, i'd actually recommend using it as a textbook.

deathbyhokie
10-03-2004, 01:43 PM
the poster is currently on my wall.

btw, look at the stamp on the inside of the front again, especially #3(i think. my book's at my house, and i'm currently at my g/f's)

Axel
10-04-2004, 06:01 PM
"We realize that Dick Hertz and I. P. Freely are not real people. So don't include them."
I noticed that. One of the pointless little jokes that everyone loves. (I personally love the Vice Presidential welcome letter)

Ganonator
10-05-2004, 03:23 AM
I bought this about 2 weeks ago, and personally love it. It might be satire, but there are a lot of hard facts in there about our past that really can only be told with humor.

And how much of a bitch Diane Sawyer is.

I just finished chapter 9 about the future, and I can't wait for the rest of the book.

Axel
10-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh yeah that was another good one, from the front of the book
"Chapter Nine: Future of democracy
...how about some democracy right friggin now?! (Michael Moore only)"

and then "Investigative reporting takes down President Nixon. Investigative reporting calls it a good job and takes the rest of the millenium off."