PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Coincident or Destiny?

Rijuhn
10-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Let me being this by briefly summarizing the events leading up to the “main event” that happened an hour ago. It begins with my sister and me deciding on seeing the Manchurian Candidate at our local community college. (The community college my sister and I go to play movies for the students for free.) We both enjoyed the movie so we decided to set off for home and call it a day. On the way home we decided to stop at the Starbucks that my sister works at to get a Tazo Chai Latté. It was about 10:00 or a little after about the time we walked into the coffee shop.

As we waited in the corner to get our drinks I noticed a familiar face from middle school. It was Evan (he played the boy in Blues Brothers 2000) and he was standing in line behind us. I went over to shake his hand and we started to talk and reintroduce ourselves. We exchanged cell phone numbers and then my sister came over to say hello.

After a good amount of conversation we realize that we all know about ten of the same people and we all seemed to know one another from somewhere. We also found out we know the people that come into Starbucks as we were talking, but to be honest I didn’t know anyone who came into the shop, but my sister and Evan did. So we go outside to our cars and begin to talk some more before we set off again.

About 10-15 minutes after we get outside I hear a scream down the street. I look around to see who it was but no one appears, so I ignore it for the moment and we being to talk some more. About a minute later I see two middle school age girls running down the street. After a minute they made it all the way over to where we were. Oddly enough both of them are friends of my littlest sister. My sister and her two friends were all coming from the skating rink, and my sister went home with my dad. My sister’s two friends however didn’t have a ride because they couldn’t get in contact with their parents.

Both of the girls tried asking the cop at the skating rink for a ride home but the cop told them to wait until 3 am, which was the time when one of the girl’s fathers gets off from work, to get picked up by her father. The girls didn’t want to wait around for 4 more hours so they decided to walk home, which was about a mile and a half. They told us that as they were coming down the street someone was making birdcalls from a nearby bush and then the person jumped out wearing all black and started chasing them, this was when I heard them scream.

I happened to recognize my little sister’s friend, as did my sister and Evan. We all seemed to know each other and meet at that spot at that exact time at night. We all would’ve normally gone home or been elsewhere that night, but because the way things turned out Evan was able to take the girls home instead of having them walk a mile and a half in the darkness to their home and risk abduction.

I honestly believe that God had arranged this to happen the way it did so that no one innocent would be harmed. There are other little details that reconfirm this belief of mine, but there are too many and I don’t think I could explain it well enough to convince anyone that it was God. All I can say is that I know God was with me tonight, and I’m glad for it. So at the end of the day I got a chance to see a movie, reacquaint myself with an old acquaintance, meet new people, and two girls are home safe tonight because of a caring soul.

It’s amazing to think of how this day has turned out considering how it began. Does anyone else have any stories like this to share or any questions they’d like to ask? I just wanted to let everyone know how awesome of a day I had today, and I felt it was necessary to share it with everyone. Goodnight and God Bless.

me2
10-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Wow. So, at that Starbucks you met 10 people you knew, and then your little sister's friends were being chased by a kidnapper? What a day. I do believe that if it wasn't for you going to see a movie, they would've been killed. Thank God.

Samson007
10-02-2004, 04:31 PM
One crazy coincidence after another. We all have days like that that just seem too perfectly placed to have happened.

Archibaldo
10-02-2004, 06:08 PM
God works in mysterious ways. I don't think that any thing like tha has happened to me, either that or I can't remember.

Axel
10-03-2004, 09:31 AM
There is no such thing as destiny. All occurs from chaos, you got lucky. Why can I say this so confidently? Because of all the people who don't get lucky. Your destiny maker must be fickle and petty indeed if destiny saves only the lucky few.