PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality: Directors Cut Help Thread

Pages : [1] 2

tpmf
08-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi, I'm stuck on the 4th dungeon... Does anyone have a walkthrough for this quest or can give me a pointer to whether the 4th dungeon is really a dungeon? :S

DarkFlameWolf
08-21-2004, 02:35 PM
it is truly a dungeon, but the only goals here are to get the boss key, fight the boss and acquire the magic book. With that item in hand, you can access the triforce elsewhere for level 4. And there is no walkthrough.

EDIT: and I'm searching and searching, but I cannot find any option to move this thread to where it goes.

Master Toddy
08-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah, another stuck in Hidden Duality...... I started to play it and I'm already stuck on the first dungeon, lol. I think I've gotten the compass but I don't know how to get anything else....it seems all the paths I take end in dead ends....... Is there a walkthrough for this massive quest? It'd be really helpful......

LegendarySlash
08-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Alright I'll help you!

First get yourself a key, then take the southeastern staircase to the basement. Travel all the way through to get the boomerang. Then go to the basement by using the northwestern staircase and get the key from there, then go upstairs and unlock the remaining doors and get the bow, then get the boss key from the western part of the 2nd floor, and go to the boss via the northwestern staircase.

hope i am of assistance.

Master Toddy
08-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Question: How do you get the first key? That's the poblem I'm having :). *edit* never mind, I found the key and managed to get out of the dungeon :). I didn't see that cracked block at the begining of the dungeon that you could bomb....that's why I was stuck.

DarkFlameWolf
08-26-2004, 11:30 AM
yes, in HD: DC, its VERY important to look over even the most minor of details in dungeons. This is especially important in level 4 in determining where to bomb walls.

D_Pyro
08-26-2004, 12:47 PM
lol, yeah im stuck on level 3. I don't know where to go after I got the whistle. Isn't somebody making a walkthrough that they could release? - maybe in versions if the walkthrough isn't complete. ie. update it every so often???

DarkFlameWolf
08-26-2004, 03:07 PM
not to my knowledge, no one is making a walkthrough. No one usually finishes. Happyman was almost done making a walkthrough of Isle of the Winds, but quit right before he finished.

D_Pyro
08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
hmmm...I thought rpgaddict was making a walkthrough...maybe I should PM him.

Daarkseid
08-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Moved this to the proper forum. Topics dedicated to custom quests belong in Quest Announcement/Discussion.

Shadow Ganon
08-30-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm stuck in castle 6. i need the hookshot and/or a key to continue the castle but so far i haven't found either of them so any poiters on how to get a key or the hookshot would be nice

DarkFlameWolf
08-30-2004, 06:01 PM
both keys require walking through walls. You'll need two keys to get to the hookshot. Try walking through walls to find them. Remember, you can only walk through the 'center' portions of each wall on the screen. So that should narrow your search down. ;)

Reflectionist
08-30-2004, 07:09 PM
uh... I feel really really dumb **NewB**

Where is level 2? I can't remember what the old man said, something about a forest? There are trees all over the place!! *cries*

There is so much backtracking in this game, so far... does that change at all? I ended up finding the boss door before I got the boss Key.

But, all of the backtracking is nice, in a sense. I'll never get lost in Historia again! :laughing:

DarkFlameWolf
08-31-2004, 09:12 AM
well the concept behind the huge, backtracking dungeons in HD was this: Back in the day of the original Zelda, I remember when I used to actually draw out maps of the dungeons and how to get through each room. I was hoping that people would have to resort to this pencil and paper method to solving dungeons. But apparently not. There is always a certain mysticism about making maps and figuring it out on your own through your own notes.

Reflectionist
08-31-2004, 09:52 AM
yeah, the first level is all about finding the stairs, and the keys.

But where is level two?

elise
08-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Forrest Island if you look at dfw sig it's the green island on the left side between the 2 dark areas

DarkFlameWolf
08-31-2004, 03:05 PM
wrong quest Elise.

As for the question, head west from Dali, plop a arrow in the hole next to the broken bridge to fix it. (don't ask) and walk across. Explore the new area to find level 2.

elise
08-31-2004, 03:13 PM
oops I am already used that they asked the way to level 2 for IOTW :)

DarkFlameWolf
08-31-2004, 06:41 PM
man, it seems people have a hard time finding level 2 in my quests. Must my next quest hold you by the hand? :P

Reflectionist
08-31-2004, 09:06 PM
Would it really be too much to ask?

Or, instead of a master quest sort of thing...

a dummy quest for all of the n00bs like myself that like your quests, but they're really freaking hard.

Personally, I think i'm good just to finish your level one... lol

I hate wallmasters though.

The first time i played, I must've gone in the great block puzzle room fifty times before i figured out that you had to kill the wallmasters first.

DarkFlameWolf
09-01-2004, 12:07 AM
heh, well Fragments of Power is the easiest quest, difficulty wise, that I've made for ZC.

tpmf
09-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Oh I'm sorry I didn't post it in the proper forum, my bad.

Thanks for the response. I found the key but everywhere else is a dead end, I can see the chest in this one room but can't get to it cuz the floors on each side leading to it are broke (I guess I'll need the ladder or something). I've even made a map of all the rooms, I guess I must've missed a wall to bomb. Oh well, thanks, I'll keep on truck'n ;P

DarkFlameWolf
09-02-2004, 01:17 AM
go to the lowest, far right room. Bomb the north wall. Go north to the old man. Bomb the left wall, then bomb the north wall. Follow that to the boss.

mikeron
09-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Of all the custom quests, HD is definitely the one where a walkthrough would be helpful. :P
"HDDC lvl 5 hlp" hehe

srvguitarboy
09-09-2004, 10:20 PM
hi, i'm new to this forum, and am enjoying/frustrated with hidden duality already :) I'm stuck in level 2, and can't figure out where the boss is, or where the magic boomerang is.. Can somebody help me?? i've been wandering around in circles for hours!

srv

Cepat
09-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Have you found the blue lantern yet? Once you got it, you can then find the magic boomerang.

srvguitarboy
09-10-2004, 06:51 AM
hi, yes i have the blue lantern, but can't figure out where to go from there..

mikeron
09-10-2004, 07:11 AM
From entrance, go up, left, up, up. I remember that sequence being important. You want to find a room where you have to light a torch across a small moat. The main thing about level 2 is all the keys you need to get.

Also, from the entrance, go up, right, up, up (I think), and you'll find another lantern-specific room. Somewhere up from that particular room, there is a room with 8 pots on the left side. Bomb the left wall at those pots.

zeldalover
09-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Oh I'm sorry I didn't post it in the proper forum, my bad.

Thanks for the response. I found the key but everywhere else is a dead end, I can see the chest in this one room but can't get to it cuz the floors on each side leading to it are broke (I guess I'll need the ladder or something). I've even made a map of all the rooms, I guess I must've missed a wall to bomb. Oh well, thanks, I'll keep on truck'n ;P

Can you please tell me which room the key is in, I have searched and cannot find it. Also is the ladder in this dungeon?

srvguitarboy
09-18-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks, that was a little complicated! Now i'm stuck in level 3 :D

tpmf
09-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Go to the toppest room that is furthest to the right side, bomb right wall, go thru, go up, then bomb left wall.

Compu Wiz
09-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I could also use some help with level 4. I've found the key, beaten the boss, and got the book, so where do I go for the triforce piece? The old man said that the theives went into the desert and I think I found out where they are, there is a building on top of a cliff to the east of level 3. I think this is it so how do I get to it? Do I have to find a transport tile in the other (light) world, or do I just have to find a way around to it in the dark world? Or do I need to get something in level 5 first?

Compu Wiz
09-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Simple question with a hopefully simple answer: where is the triforce piece for level 4?
I have already cleared the entire dungeon, beat the boss, and got the magic book. I even found the guy that said the thieves had went into the dessert. I then went to the dessert and looked around but the only obvious place that it could be is in a building that is on a cliff a few screens to the east of the level 3 main entrance. Is this where it is? And if so, how do I get up there? Do I need to go to a transport tile in the light world, or just find a way around in the dark world. Or do I need to get an item in level 5 first in order to get the triforce piece for level 4?
Of course any help is greatly appreciated. By the way, this is a great quest DFW. :D Thanks for the challenge.

elise
09-20-2004, 07:23 PM
It's on the left of level 3 ( the next section )you need to use the wand with the book to open the way (just burn a small tree I think it was )

Compu Wiz
09-20-2004, 11:41 PM
It figures that its something simple. Guess I was trying too hard. Thanks elise.

IceBane
09-21-2004, 05:11 PM
I just finished level 2 and I can't find the way to the desert or level 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Great game so far, btw :)

elise
09-22-2004, 11:43 AM
when you leave level 2 you can go down and burn a bush on the leftside
there you can find a warp and your way to the desert

IceBane
09-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks a lot :D

dafeedil
09-24-2004, 11:46 AM
hi, i'm new to this forum, and am enjoying/frustrated with hidden duality already :) I'm stuck in level 2, and can't figure out where the boss is, or where the magic boomerang is.. Can somebody help me?? i've been wandering around in circles for hours!

srv

I can't EVEN find level 2...where in the heck is it?

srvguitarboy
09-24-2004, 07:47 PM
have you found the Askavar caves yet? The entrance is a screen below level one. If you go through it, it should bring you to a place on the far left of the map. From the cave exit, go Right, Up, Up, and then left.

DarkLink
09-25-2004, 08:00 AM
can somebody help I can can't find a way to get to the magic book i look everwer please help :(

pauldoo
09-25-2004, 08:10 AM
Read here lvl 4 (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81961)

DarkLink
09-25-2004, 05:15 PM
but i don't get it can somebody explain it better please :scared:

bergner
09-26-2004, 10:14 AM
First you need to find the key. As I recall it is located somewhere at the upper left corner. To find the boss you need to bomb a few walls, but basically you should go right and then upwards. If you reach a room with a chest containing some rupees you are on the right path towards the boss. Kill the boss and you'll have the magic book.

srvguitarboy
09-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi, i'm working on level 3, and am having a real hard time figuring out where to go/do next. I have the ocarina thing, but not the bracelet or wand yet.. Also, i just found a key, and have found several doors that need keys, but can't seem to get to the actual door :p help!

BFG75
09-27-2004, 12:50 AM
I just beat the level 4 boss, then warped to the beginning of the level after getting the magic book. I saved my game but now when I went to continue it it starts me in the room that the magic book was in but Link is not on the screen and I can't do anything, including use any weapons to kill myself. Please help me!!! I really don't want to have to start the whole game over. :scared:

elise
09-27-2004, 05:54 AM
if you are playing in the 184 you can try to put the save.file in the 183
( make sure you put your current 183 save.file in another folder to keep it safe before you do this )

DarkLink
09-27-2004, 12:30 PM
alright i have found the key and i have found the boss but there is one problemo for my i can not kill the boss can somebody explaine how i can kill him and what do i need to kill it :tongue:

Cepat
09-27-2004, 12:56 PM
You should get the White Sword near Lvl 3 & buy a potion.

elise
09-27-2004, 01:04 PM
you probably mean the digdogger you walk into him in the level
you need the whistle , when you use it the digdogger split in little digdogger kids you can kill them with your sword :)

DarkLink
09-27-2004, 02:15 PM
alright i don't have the white sword can you please say where i can find it is that in the dungeon at level 3 white al the bossess (krabbs first one then two and then 3 ) :scared:
i will by happy when i finnaly deafeted level 4 i hate that one

BFG75
09-27-2004, 06:39 PM
I don't get what you mean....

Cepat
09-27-2004, 10:11 PM
If you play in the 184 player, in your c:\zcbeta folder, just make a copy of your zelda.sav file.

Then paste that file in the 183 player folder e.g. c:\zcbeta2
Once you play in the 183, you can resume the quest & won't get stuck anymore.

BFG75
09-28-2004, 03:11 AM
I have no idea where to find the zelda.sav file for either 184 or 183. All I have is a folder with a bunch of icons and I don't know how to find the .sav file...Please help!!!!
Cheers,
B :scared:

BFG75
09-28-2004, 03:24 AM
AARGH!!! So I moved the file that said SPSS to the 183 folder and now I don't have any saved games in either folder. Did I just screw myself???

bergner
09-28-2004, 05:35 AM
The white sword is in the desert just above level 3. You need the bracelet to get the sword, but you obviously have that since you are in level 4. The boss in level 4 is not that difficult (I killed it on my second attempt using only the wooden sword). Just be patient and avoid the fireballs. Attack the boss with a slash of your sword when you feel you got the timing right. Then take a step back and avoid getting hit again. A potition is a good thing to have of course. With the white sword it should be a walk in the park as long as you don't loose your cool.

bergner
09-28-2004, 05:39 AM
It's hard to help you with such vague information. If you have found the ocarina there are a couple of new places you can reach. You have to explore those very carefully and find the keys you need. Also remember that level 3 is a multiple entrance dungeon.

daisy_kat
09-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Can you help me too?! I've got the boomerang and bow and the boss key, but I can't find the durn "northwestern staircase" help, please!

*edit* Okay I made it through L1, but I can't find the boomerang in L2. Can anyone help me? I have the blue lantern, and also, I'm out of keys!

I do have to say that ths is one of best (albeit frustrating) quests i've ever played. I do like the challenge!

hope i am of assistance.[/QUOTE]

DarkLink
09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
alright do somebody no where i can find the triforce of level 4 i know its in the desert but where please i know somebody sayd that it is next to level 3 a smal tree but i can not find it and i am goining crazy i whise i woul by over whit this part and go to level 5 :rolleyes: Greetz DarkLink

Cepat
09-28-2004, 03:20 PM
It's near the shop near Lvl 3. From the start of Dark Gaia, you go down towards a left direction, instead of right direction which leads to Lvl 3. Once you see a path you can't progress, you use the wand (with book) on the small tree & you can then get to the Bandit Cave to get your Lvl 4 triforce.

DarkLink
09-28-2004, 06:24 PM
are right somebody nose were level 5 is i know its in the iceworld and in the normaal world not the dark but i not can find it :odd:

srvguitarboy
09-28-2004, 07:59 PM
nevermind, i figured it out

bergner
09-29-2004, 07:06 AM
After you have completed dungeon 4 and found the thieves hideout go to the mountains in the dark world just north of dungeon 4. There is a warp there, use it. When you arrive in the light world go west until you reach a cliff where you can't reach the ladder. Use the wand to burn the bush to the left. Climb the ladder and go up and you should find level 5.

tpmf
09-29-2004, 11:07 AM
I think the desert is to the north of level 4..it's got harder monsters so I take that as progression... I could be wrong though, since I am still lurking around level 4 hehe.

Cepat
09-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Compu Wiz, at the start of Dark Gaia, you go downwards left instead of downwards right (which leads to Lvl 3). Once you see the desert shop, you're at the right area, just look for a spot where you can't pass but you can aim your wand downwards at the mushroom below. Then you can proceed to get the Triforce in the Bandit Cave.

You can travel to & fro Lvls 1 to 4 with the whistle once you got the Lvl 4 triforce.

DarkLink
09-29-2004, 03:28 PM
can you please more exacter where i can find this warp in the mountens i have look there bur i can not find it :tongue:

jutorus
09-30-2004, 01:52 AM
Okay, if I remember right, the answer to finding level 5 is by looking through the caves. Eventually your searching will lead you into the mountains where you will find the level. Good luck, (and forgive me if I'm wrong) :cool:

daisy_kat
09-30-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm at that spot but how do I get over the bridge?! I've shot and bombed everything I can think of.

Compu Wiz
09-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Here's what I've got so far.
I have all the items, boots, lens of truth, and the hookshoot. I have been through all of the 2nd floor and as far as I can go on the 3rd floor. What I need to continue is one key and I think the boss key, although I might already have it. There is one large area in the map that I have not been to on the 1st floor. I think that this area holds the last key(s?) that I need to finish the dungeon and get to the boss. The only problem is that I can't find a way to this area. Could I possibly get some info on how to get there?

DarkFlameWolf
10-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Shoot and arrow into the hole in the cliff wall to repair the bridge. Weird, I know.

As for my modding abilities, even though AGN tells me I am moderator of these Zelda forums, I cannot find the options to merge all these HD threads into one big thread. Which is what I've really wanting to do for quite a while now.

DarkFlameWolf
10-01-2004, 12:08 AM
go around the big loop on the second floor that goes through the Lens of Truth room. You'll come across a room with a lamp that isn't situated close to a wall. Walk behind the lamp to fall to the floor below.

VEL
10-01-2004, 12:19 AM
As for my modding abilities, even though AGN tells me I am moderator of these Zelda forums, I cannot find the options to merge all these HD threads into one big thread. Which is what I've really wanting to do for quite a while now.
The option is under "Thread Tools" it is toward the top of the page right above the first post. Next to it are options that say "Search This Thread" and "Rate Thread". Maybe your account isn't set up correctly. I'll merge a bunch of the threads together. ;)

DarkFlameWolf
10-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks, I was searching everywhere. Usually when I'm moderator of other forums, the 'tools' are a bit more obvious and easy to find, thanks Vel.

srvguitarboy
10-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Where on earth is the entrance for level 4 in hidden duality??? This game is nuts!

Thanks

Cepat
10-02-2004, 01:34 AM
From the start of Dark Gaia, you go downwards left (towards Lvl 3 but do not go down). Keep going left until you see a whistle tile, use your whistle & then proceed left onwards to find Lvl 4.

srvguitarboy
10-02-2004, 12:38 PM
are you talking about the triangle shaped marking down by level 3? That's the only one i can get to in Dark Gaia now

Cepat
10-02-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm not talking about that, when you're in Dark Gaia, just press Quit & Continue, then follow what I posted above & you'll reach Lvl 4.

DarkFlameWolf
10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
when you first enter the dark world, just keep heading north and west until you hit a broken ladder near a ocarina mark. Play your whistle on the mark to fix the ladder and move west before heading south to the enclosed swamp and level 4.

daisy_kat
10-04-2004, 03:32 PM
[NEW] I did it! I found the boomerang, now I'm off hunting the boss key!

Hey, I've done all this but I still can't find the magic boomerang and I'm out of keys! I can get over the small moat but not through the locked door in the room above. Can you give me a hint where to find a key? I had one extra when I starts and they're all gone now!

Thanks much! I've been stuck in lvl 2 for 3 days now

BFG75
10-06-2004, 04:25 AM
I have no clue where to find the red candle in level five....seems like I've bombed everywhere and i got two keys and opened two doors but I can't get anywhere else without the red flame....any clues??? I've run through the level five or six times...don't know if I'm missing something... :odd:

DarkLink
10-06-2004, 04:42 PM
SOS HELP SOS

Can anybody help me i can not find level 5 and please can you explain it good i thank you if you help me

SOS SOS SOS :scared:

BFG75
10-06-2004, 05:36 PM
You need to go into the caverns in the light world....run around until you find a spot where you use your wand to light a lantern, than go out the door and explore the new area where level five is...its not hard to find from there

SOS HELP SOS

Can anybody help me i can not find level 5 and please can you explain it good i thank you if you help me

SOS SOS SOS :scared:

BFG75
10-06-2004, 05:38 PM
I can't find the red candle in level five...I've bombed just about every wall and found two keys but I've run through the level five or six times now and can't find the candle, or any way to get rid of the gold blocks....any ideas? :odd:

twgoggles
10-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey, I'm completely stuck in Level 7, the Gnarled Root Dungeon. So far I've only found 1 key, and I need to find either another key, the level 2 power bracelet, or the hammer. I feel like I've been everywhere at least 3 times, and I know I'm probably just overlooking something, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Boommaster
10-12-2004, 12:37 AM
I read the entire thread from a year ago about this quest and noone has asked the question I need to know. I would like to find level 6 and have had no clue how to get there. I have seen the graveyard but can't seem to get to it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DarkFlameWolf
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
well, go to the Light World and head out the south exit of Dali. Go right 3 screens and cross the gaps using the Ladder found in level 5. Then slash a bush to find a hidden portal and warp to the graveyard. This is the ONLY way to get into the graveyard before getting the hookshot.

Boommaster
10-12-2004, 12:46 AM
:) Thanks so much, I looked everywhere. :laughing:

hobbzilla
10-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Besides the white sword, 4+ bombs, 3x magical containers.. anything else I need to look for before going to level 4 (if I can find it?) I have only died like 150 times...

bergner
10-14-2004, 06:08 AM
No that should be enough. A potion is always good to have but besides that you are all set. I must say 150 deaths by this point is spectacular. I completed the original HD with a total of 7 deaths if my memory serves me right. Level 4 is quite easy as long as you realize which walls are suitable to blow up.

DarkFlameWolf
10-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Yeah, in Isle of the Winds, I made it somewhat easy to figure out which walls to blow up by putting cracks there. In HD, you don't have that luxury.

Chris3123
10-15-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm posting a question here that didn't get answered in a thread I created:

I have reached the door that leads to the ladder, but I cannot find another key. I have looked EVERYWHERE. I already got the one on F-8/9 that you needed to bomb a wall to get to. I can't remember exactly where I got the other key I used. So where can I find another key?

Hulio
10-18-2004, 03:30 AM
[NEW] I did it! I found the boomerang, now I'm off hunting the boss key!

Hey, I've done all this but I still can't find the magic boomerang and I'm out of keys! I can get over the small moat but not through the locked door in the room above. Can you give me a hint where to find a key? I had one extra when I starts and they're all gone now!

Thanks much! I've been stuck in lvl 2 for 3 days now

EDIT: Dont worry i figured it out on my own :D
but for those still wondering concidering many people have asked 1 screen above the enterance yo can fall down the pit behind the torch to find a new area

Im in a similar situation now.

I got over the small moat but not through the locked door in the room above which is what im trying to do but i dont know where to get the key. Could somebody please help me?

Compu Wiz
10-20-2004, 01:08 PM
I found a cave with a bunch of mazes in it a few screens to the east of the mountains in the far north of Galea. I have gotten through the first screen but am stuck at the second, and have been stuck there for awhile. Is the solution for these mazes available from an info guy or do I have to figure them out through trial and error?

DarkFlameWolf
10-20-2004, 04:32 PM
not trial and error. What item do you think you can obtain will.......reveal the secrets of that dungeon? ;)

BFG75
10-21-2004, 04:22 AM
So far i've looked everywhere...I found the swamp area with the worm things but I can't go any farther b/c theres a big rock that I can't move....Please help if you know how to get to this level...Also, in level 6 the old guy says to look for someone 6 clicks west and 1 click north of dali who can help with info but the only person I've found is that guy who tells you about the flute being able to take you to other worlds...is that it?

DarkFlameWolf
10-21-2004, 09:45 AM
yes, that's the dude. He tells you about the dungeons other than the main 9.

BFG75
10-23-2004, 03:33 AM
How do I reach level 7?

BFG75
10-23-2004, 03:57 AM
Nevermind, I found it.... :D

BFG75
10-23-2004, 04:42 AM
Ok, so I have no idea how to reach the warp that lets you access level 7..Please help!!!!! :odd:

VEL
10-23-2004, 01:51 PM
BFG75 please do not post multiple times in a row, please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead as it is against the rules (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=78500) to post multiple times in a row. ;)

hobbzilla
10-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Okay, I'm at a loss where level 7 is also. Someone care to tell me? Also, when are you supposed to get the raft? I used my ladder on the dock south of Dali and it took me to a deserted island (by way of raft.. but I don't have a raft)... bug? Also, I have found a maze cave in the shape of a + .. I made it to the 4 th room (by luck?) and for the life of me could not progress through.. can someone please tell me the right pattern (or a place where I can buy that info?)

thanks.

bergner
10-26-2004, 06:03 AM
The raft is in the thieves hideout in the desert in dark Galea. Go to the south west part of dark Galea and find the stairs to the desert there. Use the wand to burn a bush to find the hideout.

To reach level 7 go to the south west corner of dark Galea. Use the raft to cross the water and you'll find a warp to the south west parts of light Galea. You'll find level 7 there. Regarding the ladder/raft bug I experienced exactly the same thing, so yes I would consider that a bug.

Regarding the maze I'm not sure what you mean. If you are referring to the Mirror House you should have the magic sword and a red potion with you. Don't be afraid to choose Quit and Continue from the menu either if you are about to be killed. The Mirror House is quite small, but indeed very tricky. It's definitely worth the effort though. I don't know of any place where you can buy info about the Mirror House. You just need to be patient, and it's usually a good thing to leave one enemy in each room while you are investigating. The behaviour of the Mirror House is not random as it may seem at first.

Nwart
10-26-2004, 08:23 AM
HD is the best quest for zelda classic I have played so far, but it's REALLY hard! I am stuck in level 3, I can't manage to find the power bracelet (I have the ocarina and the wand). Maybe a little hint...? Please? :)

[edit]
... Silly me, I just missed a bombable wall... Well, it's ok now!

hobbzilla
10-26-2004, 11:01 AM
bergner:

Thanks for the info. I am not talking about the mirror house. Although I have found it and gotten to the room with the 5+ dongodo's (sp?) There was a warp in the room with the fire wizard guys, and something that looked like a mirror and a boomerang switch.. I tried everything I could think of.. I killed all in the room.. but don't know what those greyed out things are.. or how to activate them? I got a flaming boomerang (did I miss something?).

What I was talking about is a cave (or stairs down) to a ??? room where you start up and it is have four paths to take looks like (+) with bats in each room. I believe the first maze was left, up, right, right.. and I stumbled across the other 2.. I got stuck in the fourth one and left. Any hints?? Also, I paid to hear about the grass being greener on the other side of the book house.. I assume they were talking about level one.. but I don't know of a way to get over there?? perhaps a warp in dark world? Also, what was that business about a landlocked fairy and a stone dealing with water, etc.

Thanks.

BFG75
10-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Try using the item you got in level 6...Also, for the part in the mirror house you need to use the wand and get it reflected off the mirror just above the boomerang switch (or maybe u use the boomerang...I can't remember)

bergner:

Thanks for the info. I am not talking about the mirror house. Although I have found it and gotten to the room with the 5+ dongodo's (sp?) There was a warp in the room with the fire wizard guys, and something that looked like a mirror and a boomerang switch.. I tried everything I could think of.. I killed all in the room.. but don't know what those greyed out things are.. or how to activate them? I got a flaming boomerang (did I miss something?).

What I was talking about is a cave (or stairs down) to a ??? room where you start up and it is have four paths to take looks like (+) with bats in each room. I believe the first maze was left, up, right, right.. and I stumbled across the other 2.. I got stuck in the fourth one and left. Any hints?? Also, I paid to hear about the grass being greener on the other side of the book house.. I assume they were talking about level one.. but I don't know of a way to get over there?? perhaps a warp in dark world? Also, what was that business about a landlocked fairy and a stone dealing with water, etc.

Thanks.
:D :D

hobbzilla
10-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks BFG75. I like a previous poster, have been stuck now in level 7 quite some time.. I have found 1 key and without the power bracelet or hammer cannot proceede. I found the door that I need a second key for .. but where is the key?

Thanks.

DarkFlameWolf
10-27-2004, 04:32 PM
For each area in level 7, there is one key you can reach via the main entrance and one key you must get via another entrance accessible by bomb or other item found in level 7.

jutorus
10-27-2004, 04:45 PM
I have a couple of question about Hidden Duality.

1. In level 6 there is a room in the north west section of the entrance floor. In this room there is a strange looking tile. It is not needed to proceed and finish the level, but it makes my brain itch. what is this tile for? :odd:

2. In the Ice Palace I have found the first key. After using it on the door to the right of the entrance, I get to the 2nd room that has three statues. I've tried all the items in my inventory, but can't seem to get the closed door to open. :scared:

DarkFlameWolf
10-27-2004, 11:41 PM
1. Probably to get back to the room previous when going back the other way (should you ever have a need to).
2. Try pushing one of the statues.

hobbzilla
10-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Okay I wrapped up level 7 (it helps to know that it is a multiple entrance dungeon!!), I actually stumbled across this fact while "wasting time" cause I was stuck... I did find some new areas with the LV2 power bracelet & hammer. I am still at a loss for the (???) maze cave I found with the bats. Any hints? I really hope there is a heart container piece in there... I would hate to be rewarded with 50 rupies for an hours worth of work!

Also, I have gotten to the boss of the Ice Cave, however it seems impossible to beat. I know I get the fire arrows here.. am I missing something to beat the boss? I thought level 8 was found with the warp by level 3.. but it is some brickwall depths.. so where is level 8?

DarkFlameWolf
10-28-2004, 12:52 PM
As we have ALL been hinting at you for that maze cave, use an item you found in level 6!!!!
And yes there is a HC Piece at the end of it.
The Fire Gleeok at the end of the Ice Palace, I suggest you bring a red potion, at least a magic sword and red mail. Mirror shield is optional.
As for Brickwall Depths, that houses the red mail, go figure. I suggest you go back and finish it.
And level 8, remember, just south of Dali and west, there was a nice bridge out on the lake with a hammer post preventing further progress in that direction? Try going there now.

hobbzilla
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
DFW... I finally understand what you were talking about - DOH!. I thought using the "item" I got in level 6 was for reaching the "greener grass" on the other side of level 1. I still have no idea how to do that.. I've search both dark & light galea.. the only difference I found was that there were no stones impeding crossing the river in dark galea.. so is there something out there that freezes water?? (*EDIT : nevermind: I beat level 8)

I have wandered around the entire map several times.. making a map by doing screen shots.. I still a few places that I don't know how to get to. One is a tree with an opening with trees around it in the middle of Galea.. then there is the spooky tree with a frozen armoured guy.. also, some camper in a sleeping bag ??

I can't get past the 3 screen in the fortress at the Top Right of dark galea (?Master World?) it looks like I need to move some blocks but can't (is there a Lvl 3 bracelet??) I have all triforce pieces, double magic, 20 bombs, 15.0 hearts, mirror shield, silver arrow, red mail and am missing 1 non-selectable item.

ps - ??bug?? When I load a game when saved in brickwall depths, I start back in Dali!!

Any suggestions on what to do now?

DarkFlameWolf
10-29-2004, 11:56 AM
not a bug, none of the optional levels start you at their beginning when saving and reloading, the normal levels do.
As for those 3 places mentioned, those are merely decoration, you can't get to them, pay them no mind.

hobbzilla
10-29-2004, 12:16 PM
DFW,
Thanks for the reply, I guess I will give up on those "decorations" (whew! I must have spent hours back and forth between dark/light Galea).

My final questions so I can beat this amazing quest!!

1) What item is between the power braclet & ladder

2) How do you get rid of the rocks in front of the a) shop in Galea b) upper left Mountains (I can see the floating blue fire spitting guys)

3) what to do with in Galea with the crazy trees (fire, wind, frozen, bare, etc..) I see a portal with the lens but don't know how to activiate it.

4) how to get past the third screen in "Master Dome".

5) Master sword ?

I have 15 1/2 hearts now and saw one somewhere that I couldn't get to (yet).. man, someone really needs to createa walkthrough for this quest!! I have come this far... I'm not giving up until I beat it.. (so I can finally have a life again!)

Cepat
10-29-2004, 12:18 PM
3. Use a very powerful explosive :)

hobbzilla
10-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Okay, I figured out:

1) ??Master Key??
2) a) ?? b) only moves 1 way.
3) I solved this puzzle (doesn't have a sibling)
4) ?? (tried powerful explosives!!) ??
5) Got it at Deat Mt. Fortress.

DarkFlameWolf
10-29-2004, 04:01 PM
find a hidden portal in the snowy light world area to get to the dark world fortress in the mountains to claim your master sword. Its probably one of the hardest challenges in the quest.

hobbzilla
10-29-2004, 05:24 PM
DFW, I have the Master Sword. I have 16 hearts (the dungeon with every foe in the game was a little excessive!). I have all items except the item that is in-between the ladder & the bracelet (is this the Master Key?).

I have faced the enemy at the Master Dome (I figured out how to get past the blocks on the 3rd screen).. The enemy for Master Dome is insane!!! You need 2 red potions!!

Now my only unresolved question is how to move the rock in front of the shop in Light Galea!?!? Lens of truth says it can disappear.... I am well on my way to finally beating this unbelieveable quest!! Do you take paypal donations? I'd like to buy you lunch (albeit a cheap lunch).

DarkFlameWolf
10-29-2004, 10:25 PM
okay, um, shoot a wand magic shot at the mermaid statue nearby to eliminate that rock. lol Should have done that before moving onto level 4 for a nice money bag upgrade, but if you already got the biggest bag, don't bother. And the Master Dome boss requires 16 hearts, red mail, master sword and 1 red potion. It is doable. And the prize is.......yes......the master key. But why get it now when you'll be spoiling the whole 25 key hunt in level 9? ;)

Compu Wiz
10-30-2004, 11:58 AM
OK, I have everything possible except the magic, and for that matter, the master sword. I had a feeling that one of them was in the upper left hand corner of Dark Galea but I couldn't get remove the bush that covered the warp tile with just the white sword, although I did get as many rupees as possible from it. In order to properly finish this quest I will need the master sword and I apparently need the magic sword to get to it. So where can I get the magic sword?

DarkFlameWolf
10-30-2004, 01:21 PM
magic sword, like in almost every other quest, can be found in the graveyard.

Thain
10-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Im stuck on lvl 3.. Problem is I can't find a second key to access any other areas. I entered the entrance sort of Northeast of the regular entrance and there got the first key. I used that, perhaps incorrectly, at the mini-boss from the regular entrance N E E I think. But in that room, when he is killed I need another key. So I searched everywhere, searched all rooms and there is no more key to be found. Where is the flute? If the flute is found south of the mini-boss then where is the second key?

Please give me a hint. Im quite lost here. Thank you in advance.

BFG75
10-31-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm really stuck on level 7 now...I have the power bracelet and have gotten one key from the entrance behind the big rock but when I go thorugh the main entrance I still need another key and have run through the level several times, both from the main entrance and from the other 2 entrances i found. I see a third entrance but there is a post in front of it that I need the hammer for. Any help would be great...I know I'm probably overlooking something...are there just the three entrances other than the main one? :odd:

Cepat
10-31-2004, 11:14 PM
If I recall correctly, you need to get the hammer which is found in the 3rd entrance area (the one requiring the bracelet). Once you got the hammer, you will find a key in the 4th entrance area (the one requiring the hammer).

DarkFlameWolf
11-01-2004, 12:55 AM
well, go back through the routes in level 7 again now with the second bracelet in hand and pay MUCHO ATTENTION to the color of certain blocks just past the compass room.

Thain
11-01-2004, 03:43 AM
I would just like to point of my problem here again. Several people must know the answer and Im slightly frustrated to get stuck like this.

Level 3.. the flute.. I can't seem to get it. I seem to miss a key where are the second key except the one from the extra entrance.

This is a good quest, slightly hard on the monster bit which makes running around checking all rooms for hidden entrances tough when they re-spawn like every 2 seconds.

bergner
11-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Was a long time since I completed level 3, so I can't help you much regarding the location of the key. To stay alive in level 3 I recommend moving in and out of the rooms quickly, killing a simple enemy each time. That way you don't have to deal with so many wizrobes. You should also leave a single enemy in each room, unless you need to kill all of them to open a door. I can check the details later tonight when I have access to the actual game, unless some other kindhearted soul out there gives you the help you need.

Thain
11-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Yes, I know. Problem with the "keep one alive" - idea is that in many rooms the monsters are snakes which have a annoying hobby of accelerating against you which means you have to kill them all and then they are all back when you return.

DarkFlameWolf
11-01-2004, 02:21 PM
bomb the left wall at the main entrance room. That should get you your second key. You see in HD:DC, I tried puzzles in that people would have to look at their dungeon map and figure out which rooms they couldn't get into. So if they saw that there was a room just left of the main entrance and they have walked all around that one room, then maybe bombing into it may be a alternative?

Thain
11-01-2004, 05:26 PM
I can't believe it was that easy and I can't believe I missed that room. Thanks for the help! So far, great quest. I like the puzzles.

Edit:

Quick question. Something shiny at the thieves hideout? It seems to stop me from progressing. ??

Freelancer
11-02-2004, 08:38 PM
I need help with level 3 I got the whistle but now I can not find what else to do. I do not know if anyone ever mentioned my question though.

DarkFlameWolf
11-03-2004, 02:27 AM
something shiny would be that red crystal, or otherwise known as bait. You can find some free bait in a cave near level 3.

Thain
11-03-2004, 03:51 AM
Yep, my idea for something shiny was the red crystal aswell and I have seen it somewhere but I can't remember exactly where. Near lvl 3? well I'll check around.

Edit:
For level 3 when you have the whistle.. you just walk around and look for those squares with a whistle on. That tells you you should use it and open up something new. There are a few of them.

BFG75
11-04-2004, 04:47 AM
So i'm finished with level 8 and currently have 15.25 hearts...was there a heart piece in Brickwall Depths? Or are the final ones just scattered about...seems like I've looked just about everywhere but another three pieces isn't much...I've got all the obvious ones and the one in the caves (I forget the name, but hte ones that are used to go from place to place)...anyway, if anyone can offer any suggestions let me know...I have all the items minus the fire arrows/master sword/master key...Oh yeah, was there a heart piece in level 8 or is the part you need the fire arrows for just for ruppees?

DarkFlameWolf
11-04-2004, 12:40 PM
levels 4 and 8 don't drop a heart piece when the boss is destroyed, allowing for 8 more HC pieces to be found on the overworlds/caves. Enjoy. ;)

Rod
11-04-2004, 03:57 PM
I love the quest Hidden Duality--great job with the quest! But I have a huge problem, I noticed this bug several times before and I had gotten out of it, but now it has me permanently stuck!

Here's the problem: I just completed level 4 got the book and left. Then I saved the game and turned off ZC. Now when I come back, the game starts me in the "triforce" room (where the book was) but I can't move. My character is stuck in the door, and while I can go to the sub screen and change weapons--I can't use any weapons. I can't see link at all, but I can bring up the quick save menu. None of the options (save, continue, retry) will let me start anywhere else. I had run into this problem before but selecting continue had allowed me to start at another location (say the beginning of level 4). Now i'm just stuck.

I am using the latest ZC: 1.92 build 184. I'm not sure if the problem is ZC or quest specific. Any help would be appreciated.

Rod
11-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Seems like the problem is ZC specific. I loaded my zelda.dat and zelda.sav into 1.92 build 183, and I started at the beginning of level 4 like I was supposed to. Now I can continue playing this great quest! I guess this is a lesson for anyone else using the latest version.

VEL
11-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Rod please do not post multiple times in a row, please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead as it is against the rules (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=78500) to post multiple times in a row. ;)

Thain
11-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Marvellous quest DFW. Great work. I can't even imagine how much time you put into this. Im now at lvl 7. It takes alot of time to finish this.

This is not a "Im stuck post" but just a "what a damn fine quest" post. Im sure those are appreciated atleast from DFW's point of view. Also you succeeded. I did indeed have to take out my pen and paper for lvl 5 and 6 and only after that I could beat them. I think I saved quite some time there even if Im on like 15h gametime so far.

Im not sure how many times I went "oh no another key door, damn". "Where did I see that key now, that I could not get before but now I should be able..."

Excellent work.

DarkFlameWolf
11-07-2004, 09:20 PM
yes, pen and paper is good and if you come across an area where you THINK a possible route you can take but can't at the moment due to some missing item, mark that room somehow. If you spot an unreachable key, mark that room down as well. Its all about keeping track of things. If not, then of course you'll get lost easily. Level 7 is esp. true with this. Make a map! But me, I've memorized the layout, I can do all these levels without even thinking about it. ^_^

BFG75
11-08-2004, 11:44 PM
I am having no luck finding the last three heart pieces..I've run around both the light and dark worlds multiple times, have found Death Mt Fortress and Master Dome, have the flame arrows, but cannot seem to find any place where the hearts could be. I've also got through the three mini-levels that give you heart pieces. The only area I haven't been able to reach a small plateau in the dark world that has a warp exit and i assume can be reached through the light world somewhere.
Anyone have any ideas? Are there heart pieces in either Death Mt Fortress or Master Dome? Any pointers/hints/clues would be appreciated. :D

DarkFlameWolf
11-09-2004, 03:19 AM
well, I am only assuming the plateau would be near the graveyard. If so, head north from the Dali north exit and head west one screen. There should be a burnable tree hidden behind the bigger trees at the bottom of that screen. It will take you to that plateau. Go around to the graveyard end and super bomb the skull there. There is your final HC piece mini-dungeon. Beware though, it is VERY hard, bring a red potion! As for the other two, I would have to get a checklist of what you got so far before determining what else you have left.

Jakalack
11-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi all,

I''ve read the notes on the site, and the notes included with HD, but I can not find the boomerang. I have both keys and the first door unlocked. I saw the cracked block on the main floor, but still can't get anywhere. Everytime I think I'm getting somewhere good, it looks like I already need the bow or boomerang (to shoot crystals and statues) or run into one of the "tip" guys. Someone else mentioned to take the SE staircase, I did this but couln't get anywhere except the room with the tip guy.

Can anyone give me some tips or the directions to get the boomerang?

Thanks in advance,
Jakalack

BFG75
11-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Ok, so now I'm only missing one. I've gotten two hearts in the caves in Dark Galea, one in the caves in light Galea, and all the visible heart pieces in both dark and light Galea, plus the 4 from the mini-levels...Any ideas?

It would really help if someone could tell me how many heart pieces there are
1) In the light world
2) In light world caves
3) In the dark world
4) in dark world caves

I've got the 4 pieces from the mini-levels

Cheers,
Ben :scared:

Cepat
11-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Jakalack, if you have a key, here's how to reach the Boomerang in Lvl 1 :

(1) From entrance, go Right, Up, Right to bomable block room but don't bomb the block. Go Right, Down & take the stairs down to F-1/2.
(2) In F-1/2, go Up, Left & solve the puzzle. Go Up, Left, Left, Up, Right, Left to Locked Door.
(3) Unlock Locked Door to get your Boomerang.

dolem98
11-10-2004, 12:42 AM
when you leave level 2 you can go down and burn a bush on the leftside
there you can find a warp and your way to the desert

I am trying to find the desert and level 3, but this did not help me. Can anyone be more descriptive please? Sorry I am having a lot of trouble.

This game is really great by the way.

Cepat
11-10-2004, 01:09 AM
From Dark Galea starting point, go Down, Right, Down, Right, Up, Right, Down, Left, Down & you're in the Desert. Now explore around & you'll soon find Lvl 3.

dolem98
11-10-2004, 01:15 AM
From Dark Galea starting point, go Down, Right, Down, Right, Up, Right, Down, Left, Down & you're in the Desert. Now explore around & you'll soon find Lvl 3.
I feel like I am not very smart, but where is the Dark Galea starting point? Do you mean the triangles on the ground 1 screen to the east of the level 2 entrance?

Cepat
11-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Just press Quit/Continue & you'll be at the starting point of Dark Galea.

dolem98
11-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Just press Quit/Continue & you'll be at the starting point of Dark Galea.
Maybe I am not in dark Galea and I am in fact in plain old Galea. I think my problem is finding Dark Galea.

Cepat
11-10-2004, 01:26 AM
After you clear Lvl 2, you exit the dungeon & go Right where you will see the Lvl 2 Triforce Mark, then go Down and you need to burn a green mushroom/bush (whatever you call that). Then go Left, slash the bush/flower (whatever you call that) & enter the Warp. Presto, you're in Dark Galea...which is the duality world of Galea.

dolem98
11-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Thanks for your help so far by the way. Just wish I could figure this out.

dolem98
11-10-2004, 01:33 AM
I think maybe I have a bug or something going on.

Is this the bush I am supposed to have burnt:
http://danporter.homelinux.com/bushtoburn.gif

And is this the screen I should have found the warp on?
http://danporter.homelinux.com/warp.gif

I cut all the bushes here and no warp.

DarkFlameWolf
11-10-2004, 02:10 AM
he was wrong, bomb the rock.

dolem98
11-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Thanks DarkFlameWolf that was it. Cepat, thanks for your help too.

By the way DarkFlameWolf, this game is really awesome. My fiancee also loves it as well.

Cepat
11-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Oops sorry about the rock..I thought it was a flower/bush hehe :D

BFG75
11-10-2004, 02:42 AM
I only need one more!!! So here's what I've gotten in the way of heart pieces so far...2 in the Dark Galea caves, 1 in the light Galea caves, 5 from mini-levels, and all the visible heart pieces from Dark and Light Galea...Any ideas?

DarkFlameWolf
11-10-2004, 03:09 PM
well, let's see, there is one more in Light Galea caves and if you got 5 from mini-levels, then there is just one more heart on the overworlds.

BFG75
11-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Ummm...you were right Darkflamewolf that last mini-level is hard...How do you hit the second bug thing (the final boss)..the first one I could hit with the sword and the second I tried everything but a red bomb and nothing worked...do you need to reflect the fireballs at it or something?

And on the subject of the hearts...I actually did get the 2 from both sets of caves, I am working on the fifth piece in the last mini-level but i'll still be short one piece...Is there one near either Death Mt Fortress or Master Dome? I'm 99% sure that i've gotten all the ones in both worlds...How many total are there (pieces) for the light overworld and dark overworld? I even went back through the mini-levels to make sure I didn;t die and forget to save or something...I'm assuming that there are no heart pieces in either the Master Dome or Death Mt Fortress...I feel like I'm missing something that should be obvious but I've spent 10+ hours trying to find this last heart piece and its driving me nuts...does anyone have a listing of the locations for the heart pieces in the overworlds?

Cheers,
Ben :D

Thain
11-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Five questions.

1: I can't find that mini-dungeon you (DFW) described the way to. North Dalia, one west there ain't any burnable bushes there. Can you bemore specific so I atleast know if I have been there yet or not. [Solved]

2: Are there graphic bugs in Master dome? When I head left of right from the third room the whole room seem gone and the monsters are just colored dots moving around, like myself and you can't see anything in the room itself.. When I actually manage to get out Im invisible. Even if the graphics are ok. It seem only to be those two rooms but it stops me from progressing. Also is there a heartpiece in master dome?
[Solved]

3: I can't seem to get that heart piece just east of the warp to lvl 9, the different trees. When I go there in dark world I see a ladder and the warp but I just can't activate it and get rid of that skull. Hints? [Solved, thanks DFW]

4: I noticed a stone, those dark stones that looks like the number 8 that had something hidden. I can't seem to get it away and I don't recall exactly where it is either :) Any hints?
[Solved, silver arrow gave me 5 rupes]

5: Where do you get the silver and fire arrow? [Solved]

Thanks in advance.

DarkFlameWolf
11-12-2004, 11:08 PM
1) Try the next screen over to the left. Its one of those two screens.
2) No bugs, that's intentional, its simply there to make it harder on you. Invisible Link flags are on in certain rooms and other rooms, the ceiling is covering the action playing area.
3) Try using a silver arrow.
4) I don't recall exactly what you're talking about either.
5) Silver arrow is in the ice palace in the far upper left of the light world. The Fire arrow is in the last, final, absolute area of the game, not really needed, but its there.

BFG75
11-13-2004, 03:54 AM
I figured out that it was a bug on the boss I couldn't hit...Still lost on the heart piece though...

I meant to post this as an edit....

Thain
11-13-2004, 09:46 AM
I noticed that bug aswell, pretty frustrating because it takes a while to reach that point in the dungeon. I think the problem is that one his little puppets has flew outside the screen and until he is dead you can kill him. Any other suggestions?

[Edit the post a bit.]

Do I really need to reload the savegame in 183? What is really the benefits of 184 if all it gives us is bugs?

Tried everything and wasted a few hours of my life trying to figure out how to kill that last one.

DarkFlameWolf
11-13-2004, 02:24 PM
no benefits other than fixing that spacebar map bug on the overworld and a few other things. But for the most part, beta 183 is the better of the two betas and the one I still use and make quests for. Screw beta 184. :P

Thain
11-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Im now in the same nice position as BFG75. I have 15 3/4 heart pieces. I have been everywhere, burnt all bushes, used my truth-lense everywhere and been in all rooms in caverns. I have completed all the mini-dungeons.

Somewhere along the road I have missed a heart piece apparently.

What are the 5 mini-dungeons exactly? With mini-dungeon you mean those with "???" on top I assume and not the ones that give you an item. I took the one on the near Dali in dark world talked about earlier. I took the one you use the flute southeast Dali lightworld. The one near lvl 3 with spiders. The one Northeast with the rooms that looks like they open up one more all the time. I did the mazecave. Did I miss something?

If not, what tricky heart pieces are out there? what do you normally miss. What did everyone else miss along the road etc etc. Any hints help. Because it hurts my symmetric mind to not have all heart pieces.

DarkFlameWolf
11-14-2004, 03:20 AM
well I've acquired all 16 heart pieces in this quest, so all the pieces ARE there. I believe it may be one you're missing that requires you to travel between worlds to get at it.

BFG75
11-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Do you mean via a warp? Seems like I've looked everywhere in both worlds for a warp but have had no luck finding any new ones. I have no idea where another heart piece could be since there are none visible, I;ve gotten (Thain too I'm assuming) the 4 total pieces from the light and dark caves and the 5 total pieces from the mini-levels (the levels with ??? at the top)...no clue..great quest though.... any ideas? :)

DarkFlameWolf
11-14-2004, 12:18 PM
okay, in the upper right of the dark world, there is a section, you can swim across near the cave entrance to reach this area, and under a bush is a warp to the light world and a heart piece. If not that, there is another missed one just at the far right end of the snowy mountains. You swim across a river to the place and inbetween some trees to get the heart piece. Can't think of any other hard ones.

Thain
11-14-2004, 02:11 PM
okay, in the upper right of the dark world, there is a section, you can swim across near the cave entrance to reach this area, and under a bush is a warp to the light world and a heart piece. If not that, there is another missed one just at the far right end of the snowy mountains. You swim across a river to the place and inbetween some trees to get the heart piece. Can't think of any other hard ones.

Taken both of them. Double checked the caves in both light and dark world. Checked the overworlds. Think I found all of your secrets now. You talked about 6 mini-dungeons? Where is the last one except those 5 I mentioned earlier that I have beaten.

BFG75
11-16-2004, 05:58 AM
Hey Thain, I found the final heart piece and I think it may be the one you're missing too...I'm not all that good at giving directions but I'll try to describe the general vicinity...From the Ice level (I forget the level number, 6 maybe?) you would go down the long ladder from where the three mummies are...from there go to the right in the mountains until you reach the green area again...now once in the green area with the turtle guys who throw bones go as far south as you can...then go to the right of the screen and you should see one of those stumps you need the hammer for...you will be approaching it from the left and its the only one you approach from the left in the light world I think...Anyway, pound down the stump and then there is a warp to the dark world and a heart piece is hidden (barely visible) on the left of the screen near the warp back to the light world. I feel really stupid that i missed this one...hope this is the one you're missing too... :D

Thain
11-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Holy crap.. it was that one. My eternal blessings to you BFG75. Now I can start the 25 key hunt.

And it you meant lvl 5 :)

DarkFlameWolf
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
congrats guys, you found that elusive HC piece. ;)

Thain
11-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I have finally beaten this quest. You have taken 41 hours of my life. That is pretty much for a custom quest. I never completed the master dome because when I finally had the 25 keys I felt it pretty unnecessary to get the master key.

Good work and plenty of fun in your quest. A few bugs here and there but nothing huge except when I died at Gannon I ended up somewhere else. Forgot to tell the quest where I shall go when I die in that room.

DarkFlameWolf
11-16-2004, 08:28 PM
I just checked, I did tell it where to go if you died. I guess its just another bug in the continue system of ZC.

Oh and the Master Dome is unnecessary, in every quest I've made. You don't have to complete it to beat or acquire anything in the quest other than the master key. So the only reason you would want to try on the Master Dome is for a optional challenge. Nothing more, nothing less.

dolem98
11-20-2004, 02:33 AM
This quest is so good... and yet so bad...

Anyways, I think I have everything I need to beat level 3, (the boss key and the final key), but I found this strange room that I can't figure out what it is for. There is a flame on the wall, it is one up from the second entrance:
http://danporter.homelinux.com/strangeroom.gif

Anyone know what to do there?

Also, how the heck do you beat the mini dungeon near level 3. It's freaking impossible. Maybe I just have to wait till I have more hearts. I am on the room with three crab dudes and it is so hard.

Cepat
11-20-2004, 06:01 AM
If you got the Magic Book from Lvl 4, you can return back to this room & aim the Wand Fire at the flame.

Thain
11-20-2004, 06:24 AM
Also, how the heck do you beat the mini dungeon near level 3. It's freaking impossible. Maybe I just have to wait till I have more hearts. I am on the room with three crab dudes and it is so hard.

The mini-dungeon next to level 3 gives you a heart-piece and it isn't important when you finish it. I did it after level 3 because once you killed all spiders they don't return in that room. But if you have problems, wait.

DarkFlameWolf
11-20-2004, 01:28 PM
I can beat that mini-dungeon as soon as you get to it. However, not everyone is as skilled as that, so you may have to come back with more hearts or at least the blue mail. It all depends on your skill.

dolem98
11-25-2004, 01:06 AM
I just beat the boss in level 4, however, I did not see any magic book dropped, in that room, or the next. The boss dropped one yellow rupee. Can anyone help? According to most of this forum, the boss gives you the magic book, not in my case. Thanks for helping!

DarkFlameWolf
11-25-2004, 01:13 AM
O_o
Um...after beating the boss, he isn't supposed to drop anything other than what normal gleeoks drop. Head north into the next room and the magic book should be right there. If not, you may not be playing this in beta 183.

BFG75
11-26-2004, 05:26 AM
I'm just looking for a hint...Are the fire arrows in the first part of level 9? I have everything else...got most of the keys too even though I have the master and thought the flame arrows would turn up on the level that looks like a skull but no such luck so far...I've been all the way up to the level with the boss key but it seems like they should be before this...

Cheers,
Ben

DarkFlameWolf
11-26-2004, 12:40 PM
well, the flame arrows are in the VERY LAST AREA. That's all I'll say. Look behind some trees. ;)

fritzjames
11-27-2004, 04:26 PM
this is a simple question, but I still have not found level 3. I have found the dark world and the desert, but where is level 3?

thanks

DarkFlameWolf
11-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Well, the desert portion you want to access is the right portion. You'll have to burn a tree and climb down a ladder to get to it. But once there, go down two screens and left two screens to get to the main entrance of level 3.

zbob
12-04-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm starting level 5 and have yet to find any bomb upgrades. Where the heck
are they?

DarkFlameWolf
12-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Well one is under a rock just north of Dali. Another is under a cactus you must bomb east of level 3.

virenwarrior
12-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I plan on getting this (I tried the original and loved it but couldn't beat Level1)
Any tips? I think I may have made an error in that PM I sent you. I meant to say that there should be a big IotW help thread like this one.

bergner
12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
The first dungeon involves a lot of back-tracking. Here are some pointers off the top of head (directions are N,S,E,W):

Go E,N,E bomb block and go N. You should find a key somewhere there.
Go back to the room where you bombed the block and continue E. Find the stairs at the east end and go to the next floor.
Battle your way through that floor and you should find the boomerang.
Go back and throw your boomerang at the pointy statues. I think there is one near where you found the first key. There is another one if you go to the stairs at the north-west corner. I think the second one is the one you should visit first, since it has the key you need (under a pot).
The other pointy statue leads the way to the bow (you should have bought the arrow already).
Go to the south-west corner and you'll see a statue with a big eye. Shoot an arrow there and you'll have the boss key.
I don't remember if there you need another key as well. The boss can be found by going to the north-west stairs and then using the boomerang and bow (and I think you may need to bomb a wall as well) you should reach the boss. Killing the boss with your sword should be straightforward.

DarkFlameWolf
12-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Oh, there is a massive IOTW help thread, at PureZC.

SarahJane
12-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi again,

I just completed level 5, but haven't found the blue mail (I have the ladder and the red candle though). It seems like I'm missing some keys! (I found one on floor 2/9, and I know it opens a door on floor 4/9, but I still need some more!). I've never been to floor 1/9, the far left and the middle room on floor 3/9...

Any help would greatly be appreciated (I've been stuck on that level for a week now!).
[edit] Geez! Why do I always miss the thread that it's discussed in before I post a question? Anyways, for those who are still wandering around in that level, the answer is in the biggest HD thread...

Plus, I was wondering... Should I go directly to level 6 after level 5, or should I venture in the mirror house?

Thanks! :-)

Love For Fire
12-19-2004, 10:30 AM
I would definitely recommended finding that blue mail. You need three keys, and it is in the middle room of 3/9. Did you find the hidden hole behind the lantern in 3/9? That one was hard to find. Also check on the 6th floor, there is another key in the bottom of the map that i missed my first time.

Also, i wouldn't bother with the mirror house yet since it requires the hook-shot to complete, and you get that in level 6.

SarahJane
12-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok, I'm now on level 6... Got all 3 items and the boss' key. But can't get to the boss' room! I hear it when I go on the 3rd floor, look through the lens, but I can't find a way to access the room that leads to the boss! Any help would be appreciated again...

Thanks, as always...

P.S.: I still haven't been to floor 1/9 in level 5... but I finished the level. Was I still looking for nothing?!?

DarkFlameWolf
12-19-2004, 01:49 PM
that one room in floor 1/9 of level 5 is the boss room. If you've encountered the boss and beat it, you've explored floor 1/9.

SarahJane
12-19-2004, 01:57 PM
DFW, there was no inscription as to which floor I was in, except the one that indicates me that I was actually fighting the boss, in level 5 (Doh!)... But I figured out I didn't need to go to floor 1/9, since I completed that level. I was only curious...

As for the boss' room in level 6, still haven't found a way to get in... (Man, that game is really making me feel stupid!)

And, as Love for fire suggested it, I went for the mirror house since I got the hookshot in level 6. But found myself only getting the map, the boss' key and... you guessed it, no way to access the boss' room! (where the hell is that warp tile?!?)

**bangs her head on the screen of her computer**

Please, help again! Thanks!!!

P.S.: Have you ever thought of applying for a job at Nintendo?!? Your quests are real Nintendo material!!! ;)

--------------------
[edit again] After banging my head on the computer for a couple of hours, I used my remaining logic... and found the way to the boss's door in the mirror house! Still need help for level 6 though...

Love For Fire
12-19-2004, 04:52 PM
There are two entrances to the 3rd floor, one is past the spike room, the way you went, the other invovles using your hookshot in the second room to go north. That should bring you to the other side of the 3rd floor.

SarahJane
12-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Silly me! I was so excited to actually go through the spike room, that I missed the other entrance to the 3rd floor. I actually went in there when I had a key, but no boots. Now, I have the boots, but I'm missing the key. Geez!!!
---
As I was waiting to find an answer, I went in level 7... and I'm missing a key there too! Don't have the bracelet2 nor the hammer yet...

Love For Fire
12-19-2004, 05:41 PM
You're probably missing the key in the upper right side of floor 1 (Level 6). You must fall down a hole behind a lantern (similar to Level 5) and have the boots.

as for Level 7, try finding an alternate entrance to the dungeon to find other keys.

SarahJane
12-19-2004, 06:07 PM
I thought you only could access one entrance in level 7 without the hammer... I looked everywhere, but can't seem to find other entrances. Oh well, I'll look again...

As for level 6, that's the key I'm missing. I'll try your suggestions... [EDIT: found it!!! I fought some monster, and I fell behind a torch and... that was it!!! **can't believe it**]

Thanks a lot for your quick replies! :)

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ok, here's where I am now... I'm gonna wait a little bit for the next sword to fight the boss of level 6 (that's pure evil, DFW! :tongue: ).

I found the other entrance of level 7 (the only one I kept seeing needed the hammer). So, went in the other part of level 7, got a key, and went back to the other entrance... only to find out that I needed another key!!! I looked everywhere for this other key, but can't seem to find it. Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Love For Fire
12-23-2004, 03:00 PM
In Level 7, 2 keys are required to reach your first treasure. You found one in the other way in, but there is also a key available through the main entrance. I'm not exactly sure how to reach it, it probably requires taking one of the 2 teleports on the lower left side.

dolem98
12-24-2004, 05:46 AM
Hi, I'm stuck in level 5, trying for the Blue Mail. I have read the thread and found that I am short by one key on level 4!! Ugg...I feel like I've been doing this level forever! :) I saw that Love For Fire mentioned the key on level 6 that they missed. I have found 4 chests on level 6/9, and have gotten items from all. I also found the spot to bomb on level 3/9 and have hunted around level 2/9.....where I see one final chest I have not yet gotten to. Is this where I should be going? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Love For Fire
12-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Try going around the left side of Floor 2, and up into the room with the invisible blocks. I think there's a key past that room. Either that or it's the upper right room where i think you use the wand to lower the spikes.

dolem98
12-25-2004, 03:50 AM
Okay, I finally got to the mail...but I can't figure out the room to enter using the boss key. I've used my candle on every ice block and nothing seems to have happend. I hate to always be asking for help, but any hints would really be great.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

EDIT: actually, after playing for a bit longer I was decided to just run across the spikes (maybe not the best plan, but it worked). Thanks for your response DFW.

DarkFlameWolf
12-25-2004, 05:35 AM
try moving the ice blocks. :)

SarahJane
12-25-2004, 06:51 PM
LoveForFire said:

In Level 7, 2 keys are required to reach your first treasure. You found one in the other way in, but there is also a key available through the main entrance. I'm not exactly sure how to reach it, it probably requires taking one of the 2 teleports on the lower left side.

To reach the 2nd key, I need something a little more specific. I can only reach one of the teleports yet, and it doesn't seem to bring me to where I can get the key. Any ideas?

DarkFlameWolf:
I admire you even more since I tried to understand ZQuest to build my own quest. What a complicated program at first! I would know if it's possible for you to send me the password of IOTW to have an example to be based on. Don't worry, I won't use it for any bad purposes... I just want to get started somewhere! Thanks...

Love For Fire
12-26-2004, 12:55 AM
I've been playing Isle of the Winds, so i don't remember all the details but this may help. I'm pretty sure you can reach both telports right off. From the entrance, head North and then a few rooms West until you reach a room where there is a bombable block. Going down here leads to one teleport. If you bomb the block and exit back into the East room from the top, you can get around to another teleport in the bottom left room. (I'm sorry if that all sounds really confusing :odd: but i hope it helps...)

FFKAP
01-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Hello, I'm new to posting here but I have been playing HD and I love it. I spend so much time playing Xbox live, that it is great to finally be playing a good game again.. they dont make games like this anymore.. everthing is so commercial and predictable. Anyway.. I have a qeustion. Im stuck on level 5 (REALLY STUCK) I've been wandering it for a few days now. I have used two keys so far (on 9/9 and one on the lower floors) but I cant figure out where to go/bomb next. Everywhere I can go either needs the red candle or the super bombs. Any suggestions?? (oh and I have found out where to bomb the floor on 8/9 to get to 7/9 and to 6/9) if that can guide your advise. thanks very much. And thank you for helping revive a classic game

bergner
01-16-2005, 11:02 AM
You need a couple of keys first, I think one of them requires you to burn a yellow block with the normal candle. Then if you bomb the floor where it is cracked you fall down into a room with some snakes and a door to the north. I think the red candle is located there. Nothing in this dungeon requires the super bombs btw. I think you can get super bombs only after you get the ladder.

dolem98
01-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Hello, I too found this maze cave, but seem to have lost it's location. Can anyone please help me find it again. I am trying to get all the heart pieces possible in order to get the magic sword, I feel like i've missed some along the way. I have a list, but I'm not able to get to most of them. Also, when there are two of those holes, how do you cross over them if your grappling hook does not work? (EDIT: okay, I am slow, I finally took 2 mintues to think and I was able to get those hearts, but not the maze cave)

Thanks for all the help! :)

As we have ALL been hinting at you for that maze cave, use an item you found in level 6!!!!
And yes there is a HC Piece at the end of it.
The Fire Gleeok at the end of the Ice Palace, I suggest you bring a red potion, at least a magic sword and red mail. Mirror shield is optional.
As for Brickwall Depths, that houses the red mail, go figure. I suggest you go back and finish it.
And level 8, remember, just south of Dali and west, there was a nice bridge out on the lake with a hammer post preventing further progress in that direction? Try going there now.

FFKAP
01-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Help on level 6. On level 6 there are rooms that only have graves in them (the ones that you touch and a ghost that you cannot hit pop out) Is there some way to affect these graves to unlock a door or area? Also if you know what the order is for getting the items (should i concentrate on the lens of truth, or the boots first)?

dolem98
01-21-2005, 01:48 AM
For Level 6 help: I believe you have to get the hookshot first. This is found on the second 1st floor. You have to walk through 2 walls first, I'm not sure if that is where the hookshot is found, but there is a chest there. The first wall is in a room with grave on top, and an exit on the bottom (found on the second row up, 4th room from the left). After the hookshot you get the lens of truth then the boots at the end.

FFKAP
01-21-2005, 03:02 AM
THanks for the help dolem. One more question.. I found out where the magic sword is but it will not let me have it. He says take this if you think your strong enough, but then i cannot get the sword. any ideas???

DarkFlameWolf
01-21-2005, 03:51 AM
12 hearts must be in your life meter to snag it.

FFKAP
01-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Anyone know where to find the money bag upgrade??

DarkFlameWolf
01-22-2005, 02:08 AM
well, there is a shop just west of Dali with a mermaid statue nearby. Have you tried using your wand on that mermaid? Furthermore, if you already passed level 6, you can use your hookshot to get to a northern middle portion of the dark world to find a house you must super bomb to enter and claim the BIG money bag.

Earthbound_X
01-23-2005, 02:29 AM
OK, I've been stuck for awhle now, haven't found the blue lanten or the magical boomarang. I've bombed and checked every room, found the hole behind the lanten. I think I might have a bug. The one room that has a hole to the bottom floor, but has blocks blocking the hole. Theres a switch, but nothing I do activates it. Please help!

dolem98
01-23-2005, 03:26 AM
Hi, I am stuck in level 7. I have gotten one key, the map and the compass. I found a second entrance, where I got the key after fighting the mini-boss. I used the key to open a door on the left side of the map, far left bottom room. Now I am stuck at trying to find the another key or any of the items. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

DarkFlameWolf
01-23-2005, 03:41 AM
@earthbound: That switch requires the magic boomerang, never fear, it isn't a bug.
@dolem: If you found the key using the second entrance, trying going through the main entrance and finding the second key that way.

Earthbound_X
01-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Hmm....so I need the magical boomarang. Well I guess I should ask how to get the lanten, I'm sure I'd be fine once I found that. Thanks in advance.

Saffryn
01-23-2005, 03:17 PM
OKay... I'm going to feel super stupid for asking... But I'm actually having a super amount of problems with Level 1 *lol* I've looked all through this forum first and ALL over the internet to get help with it before asking.

I've got the boomerang, I've gotten numerous keys as well. There seems to be some rooms that are giving me problems...

One in particular, There is a room with a treasure chest and there is like a one eyed statue in there... I've tried pushing blocks, hitting things with my boomerang and everything how do I get that box?

DarkFlameWolf
01-23-2005, 03:51 PM
You need the bow and arrows. Buy arrows first at a shop. There is a cheap shop selling arrows for 35 rupees. Find that shop! And the bow is in level 1. You'll need two keys to reach the bow. As for the lantern, I kinda forgot how to get it. Let me get back to you! lol

Earthbound_X
01-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Hehe, ok. Well I noticed at the top of the map or level 2 theres a room with a chest, but has water blocking it. Theres a brown hole that looks like it can be hit with something. Arrows don't work, but I was guessing that might be the lantern, or it could be an extra chest like the first level where it looks like yiu need the lantern. Maybe that will remind you how to get it, lol. Thanks!

DarkFlameWolf
01-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Use the wand on that brown hole, the wand can be found in level 3. So yes, you must come back to get it.

Maleficent
01-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Im stuck in 5, I havee the red candle, and the ladder. I have the boss key and know where the door is to use it, i also have a regular key. I Just cant seem to find the blue mail. any help is much apriciated.

And i must say this is a awsome quest :D , i look forward to playing others you have made when i get to the end.

DarkFlameWolf
01-23-2005, 11:29 PM
hmm, should have 3 keys and several bombs to get to the blue mail. :)

Maleficent
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah i actually beat the boss, and got the key past the invisable wall ice room (man that one was a pain :odd: ) Ive got to the place where you shoot the statue and turn of the spikes to make the block move to get to the locked door (and from other rooms i can tell the door is to a little square room that i have to bomb and fall down) but ive ran out of keys :( im doing the hard thing of room by room search for places to blow down walls and look for the key i missed. :shrug:

Earthbound_X
01-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Still can't find that lantern in Level 2. If anyone could help...I really wanna continue this quest. Thanks!

DarkFlameWolf
01-24-2005, 03:23 AM
good luck with that Malificient, because I have honestly no recollection of level 5 of HD:DC. And I made the damn thing! O_o

As for Earthbound, I have no recollection either, but I do believe one key is in a chest in plain sight on floor 2/2 where you must bomb inbetween two doors to get the key. The other key is like.....also on the second floor......I think. To get to the lantern, you must fall down via the path behind the torch.

Earthbound_X
01-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Well I checked every where, and I still can't find that lantern. So I'm just gonna start over, I think I must have done something wrong. Oh well wasn't very far anyway. Thanks!

Saffryn
01-24-2005, 08:57 PM
well the concept behind the huge, backtracking dungeons in HD was this: Back in the day of the original Zelda, I remember when I used to actually draw out maps of the dungeons and how to get through each room. I was hoping that people would have to resort to this pencil and paper method to solving dungeons. But apparently not. There is always a certain mysticism about making maps and figuring it out on your own through your own notes.

I got kind of a late start begining HD than everyone else cause I just found ZC recently.

However I will suggest to everyone that this piece of advice by DFW is the best advise ever and actually works VERY VERY well with her dungeons. ;) wish that strategy worked half as well for finding stuff around the over world but I have neither the patience nor the time to map out that entire bloody thing...

Although I'll admit I'm not stuck looking for Level 4 in the dark world... I'm not looking tooo amazingly hard right now I'm doing alot of surveying the area.

I have a question though, I noticed they were selling a wand for "380" rupies... Is there something in the game that allows you to carry more than 255 rupies later on?

Maleficent
01-24-2005, 11:09 PM
yeah, there is a lady that sells a bag to you that doubles your holding.... but by the time you get to her you will have found a wand and wont have to buy it :)

oh and im still stuck looking for the mail in 5.... i hae used probobly 30+ bombs walking around the walls looking :(

FFKAP
01-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Hello All.. Im going to search the forum again but cna anyone tell me how to find level 7. Also I found a cave that has a bunch of bats in it and four ways to go... but it's a maze and you have to know what combination of ways to go to get there. Anyone know what that is all about? Last question.. I went south of dali and blew the whistle on the whistle symbol that is located south and east of dali. it led to a place where you had to kill mosters in a room to open the next of four doors.. eventually it led a a heart piece and warped me back to the enterance... is that all that is in this place???

DarkFlameWolf
01-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Yes, that was all there is in that place. There are five mini-dungeons in HD:DC where the ultimate prize is a HC Piece. That maze cave is but one of the five mini-dungeons.

Saffryn
01-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Could anyone help me find Dungeon #4? I feel soo pathetic I can't find it I've gone every where

:(

Love For Fire
01-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Saffryn.. Level 4 is located in the Southwestern region of Dark Galea. To reach it, you must head West from where you first reach Dark Galea. If you places where you need the whistle and bracelet, you're going the right way. Head toward the swamp.

As for KKFAP... Level 7 is also in the swamp... You must approach it from Dark Galea. Head as far south as possible left of the desert, and you should be able to use your hook-shot somewhere. After that you'll find a warp to the light version of the swamp.

Maleficent
01-26-2005, 03:08 PM
still in lvl 5 trying to get a key to open the door to the blue mail.Iive been through every room and bombed about every place imaginable but still cant find that last key to open the door in the room with the statue and spikes. i have opened every chest, and found several coin rooms, and this room Below. Is this room one your suposed to come back to with a hookshot or is another way across? Ive even looked all over the upper floors for places to drop down but no luck.

http://www.geocities.com/bryansworld/zelda013.gif

DarkFlameWolf
01-26-2005, 06:36 PM
yes, that is a 'come-back' room with the hookshot to snag 50 rupees. So you can safely ignore that room.
As for the missing key, there are three routes in level 5 that all lead to a dead-end. The first route leads to the Red Lantern dead-end. The second route leads to the Ladder dead-end. The third route leads past the Blue Mail to the boss dead-end. These paths will cross, but you CANNOT cross inbetween the two paths except at one early point in paths 2 and 3. So once you got this in mind, the level becomes extremely simple. (I should hope) So there is one extra key for you to get on the LADDER path quite early in that path where you must utilize the LADDER itself to get the key. And then there should be two keys down the BOSS path along with the boss key itself. So that should narrow down your search a lot! Hope this helped. Because that's basically all I can remember without playing it myself.

btw, at this point (esp. if you acquire the ladder) you should have two extra magic container extenders by this point to your magic meter.

Saffryn
01-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Saffryn.. Level 4 is located in the Southwestern region of Dark Galea. To reach it, you must head West from where you first reach Dark Galea. If you places where you need the whistle and bracelet, you're going the right way. Head toward the swamp.

Hrm... I thought I've mapped nearly all of Dark Galea... okay I'll have to try that again thanks I may ask again heh

Maleficent
01-26-2005, 11:03 PM
i found it!!! tricky little devil you are!! There is no telling how many times i had been in that room before, the one with the bomb a hole in the floor hidden from view by a fire pit lantern thingy. tricky trickster i say!!

DarkFlameWolf
01-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Yes, straight from the get-go in level 2. ANY TIME YOU SEE A LANTERN YOU CAN WALK BEHIND, THERE IS SOMETHING THERE!!!!!!!!
Yep, as long as you keep that in mind, you shouldn't have any problems. :)

FFKAP
01-28-2005, 02:18 AM
Hello again, still banging away at level 7. I've gotten to the third level seven access (from outside) using the mallet; but Im stuck on something. I found a area that i bombed to get to and in that room there is a treasure chest (probably a key) and 3 dark wizrobes or whatever their called. I cant access the chest because there is a stretch of water between me and it. I tried killing all of the wizrobes but that didnt do anything that I could tell. Could someone help me out??? how do i get the last set of keys.

DarkFlameWolf
01-28-2005, 02:41 AM
That is a 50 rupee chest you must come back with the flippers to acquire. You can safely ignore that room.

FFKAP
01-28-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks dark flame, that saved me so time and frustration. I past that and went around in the third enterance and found the master key. I also found out that i needed to go back in the main enterance with the hammer/mallet (whatever) to get another key. this gave me access to the stairs leading to the bottom floor.... however when i get down there I still need one more key.... anyone have a clue where to, or what enterance to go into to get to the last key... I figured you guys might because in this level you have to go through each section before you get the tools to get to the next section.. Any ideas... i'm stumpt....

Maleficent
01-29-2005, 06:28 PM
ok i was sulking. Whats the trick to kill the black mages fast?

I must say DarkFlameWolf you can make a mean game.

DarkFlameWolf
01-30-2005, 03:23 AM
Well, those black mages are mirrorobes. Which means that the mirror shield is the ONLY way to kill those bastards. So bring that and three blows of their own magic can terminate them. Also, if you want another massive quest of mine to play after this: try Isle of the Winds. Its not as hard as HD: DC, but it is just as big.

FFKAP
01-30-2005, 03:44 AM
Dark flame (or anyone else) sorry to post the same thing again, but I wasnt sure if you saw my question up above. I could really use the help with finding that last level 7 silver key. If you could at least point me in the right direction (i.e which enterance to level 7 to go into)

FFKAP
01-30-2005, 06:03 AM
Also do you need the level 3 bracer to access the boss on the mirror house (the house in the village that you bomb to access)? If not then how do you get past that stone?

Maleficent
01-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Well, those black mages are mirrorobes. Which means that the mirror shield is the ONLY way to kill those bastards

i dont think we are talking about the same ones... i mean the mean basterds that summon those death bats untill the room is crowded.

FFKAP
01-31-2005, 12:13 AM
Maleficent>> If you hit those black mages with one red bomb they will die right away. Only problem is that they cost 25 apiece. But If you drop it near them as they appear then it will kill them and any bats in the area

Love For Fire
01-31-2005, 01:34 AM
The Magic Sword and Hammer work just as well without wasting anything... 4 hits kills a bat wizzrobe, and a bat in one... try that instead of using all your super bombs.

As for the question about the Mirror House... I don't know what stone you're talking about, could you be more specific? I'm pretty sure that dungeon is beatable after getting the hook-shot in level 6.

FFKAP
01-31-2005, 04:36 AM
the stone that I cant move in the mirro house is right in front of the door leading to the boss. I went all around that level and I cant figure out how to get into the boss room. I have the boss key. I see a mark on the floor just outside of the boos room (on the other side of the stone I cant move), that seems to be a way to warp into there.. I just cant figure out a warp that leads there. Any ideas???