PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 2 question

Blonde799
10-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Ya know, I was thinking about something, and don't have the demo disc, so...

What's with the combat HUDs? I remember seeing one in gamespot's pics where the individual energy tanks were little vertical meters, and then in other screens, the HUD was like MPs. Now, I thought the former HUD was just an early one, and I was sad because that would've been cool to see. But, new screenshots have the former HUD. So I was thinking, maybe there's an option for two of them? Or maybe different visors yield the former?

Anyway, I wondered what the 4th beam would be too, if anything. And don't say the wood beam, that's wrong.:p

fatcatfan
10-01-2004, 05:20 PM
You can see the HUD from the demo disc in this video:

http://fatcatfan.spymac.net/dark-samus-battle.avi

I recorded that myself from my demo disc, so I'd say it's a fair approximation of the final. Maybe what you saw was a different HUD from perhaps multiplayer?

vegeta1215
10-01-2004, 05:31 PM
I liked the old HUD. The current missles/total missles is a welcome addition to it, as are the light and darm beam meters, since those will rely on ammunition and add an extra element to the game.

I too am curious what the other beam will be, plus what the other visor will be (besides the regular one, scan one, and dark visor - which will reveal invisible enemies or something)

Blonde799
10-01-2004, 05:52 PM
This (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime2tentativetitle/screens.html?page=87) was what I was talking about.:)

And man, does that vid look awesome. Too bad it has no audio.:p

fatcatfan
10-01-2004, 05:59 PM
I do know there's some kind of multi-target device, allows you to target several objects simultaneously. Dunno if that's via visor or beam upgrade or what.

http://fatcatfan.spymac.net/multi-target.avi

vegeta1215
10-01-2004, 10:27 PM
I think that multi-target device is a missle upgrade. I'm guessing it will probably work like the boomerang in The Wind Waker, where you hold the button down and pick your targets, and let go to fire.

Cloral
10-02-2004, 01:09 AM
I liked the old HUD. The current missles/total missles is a welcome addition to it, as are the light and darm beam meters, since those will rely on ammunition and add an extra element to the game.

I too am curious what the other beam will be, plus what the other visor will be (besides the regular one, scan one, and dark visor - which will reveal invisible enemies or something)

There's supposed to be a sonic visor that lets you see sound. I guess some of the enemies use sound-based attacks and this will let you see the attack so you can avoid it.

Orion
10-02-2004, 01:25 AM
All this new stuff... bah... I'm just excited for the screw attack. I could amuse myself all day just playing with that one upgrade.

Saffith
10-03-2004, 12:57 AM
The multi-target weapon is the charged light beam. And, yes, it does supposedly work just like WW's boomerang.

Blonde799
10-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Uh, what? I thought it was a multi-missle launch?O_O

Saffith
10-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, looking into it a bit more, maybe it is. Sort of makes more sense anyway.
... You'd think I'd know better by now than to use GamePro as a source for these things, but apparently not.

Blonde799
10-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Now that you mention the target painting, I saw the light beam charged, and it was a shotgun blast of little multicolored lights, without the painter.:p