PDA

View Full Version : Dialects

Rainman
09-27-2004, 11:04 AM
http://www.ukans.edu/~idea/

Linguistics is oddly an interest of mine. I love hearing how different people speak and how cultural difference affect it. I found this site that various clips of english accents from all over. I thought it'd be interesting if people would attempt to select the accent that most closely fits your. It's be no means completely. For one, I don't think that it has a Pittsburgh accent which I find odd because it's pretty distinquished if you ask me.

The one from Haberham, PA is oddly like my sister's speech patterns so I suppose that's as close to mine as I can find. Of course, I had male voice and I fairly deep one at that. Also, I'm from near the border of PA and New York so I have a bit bit of rural new yorkian in me I guess.

deathbyhokie
09-27-2004, 12:06 PM
i fit a combination of the southwest virginia accent, and the other virginia one. most likely because come from just south of NOVA

moocow
09-27-2004, 04:11 PM
I sound Ohioan? Though there's times where I do have a little bit of a West Virginian accent, but not often.

me2
09-27-2004, 04:43 PM
None.

...At least, until my voice changes. Which will be in about 6 months.

BLONDINE
09-27-2004, 05:30 PM
wow..I am sad now...I am a mixture of both of the Californian vocal patterns...a lot like the ditsy one which in some ways slightly scares me... :odd: