PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars DVDs

Ganonator
09-27-2004, 02:08 AM
I purchased the new edition of Star Wars, and I say that it is a pretty good buy. I with the production values would have been a little better at times, say when you can see the outline of the bitmaps in hyperspace, and how shitty the CG is in the first one :(

however, I haven't seen it for a while, and there's the part where Obi-wan is explaining to Luke how Mos-Eisly is 'The most wretched hive of scum and villainy'.. I spent the next 30-some minutes trying to figure out where the fuck I'd heard that recently.

Thirty minutes pass, and then it hits me - THE FUCKING DESCRIPTION OF GENERAL DISCUSSION.

Thanks, War Lord, for making my Star Wars experience complete.

AtmaWeapon
09-27-2004, 02:10 AM
I got them in the mail but Star Ocean hasn't left my PS2 yet and I haven't even unsealed them. With Donkey Konga on the way I think Star Wars is just going to have to wait.

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Man, Fuck the Star Wars DVD's. FUck them. If I am going to pay 50 bucks for 3 movies I've seen a bajillion times, I expect to have Wide screen AND Full screen standard. Selling them seperate like that is just some Lucas Sell-out bull shit.

ZTC
09-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Man, Fuck the Star Wars DVD's. FUck them. If I am going to pay 50 bucks for 3 movies I've seen a bajillion times, I expect to have Wide screen AND Full screen standard. Selling them seperate like that is just some Lucas Sell-out bull shit.
then you would probably have to pay about 100 for it *shrugs*
meh, over at Suncoast, they were charging $75 for the set; now that's an outrage :mad2:

moocow
09-29-2004, 06:45 PM
The set is only $40 at Wal-Mart... at least it is here. :p

SixTen
09-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah, they have re-released these things like three times already. They are just making every bit of money they can before the third movie comes out.

Breaker
09-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks, War Lord, for making my Star Wars experience complete.

I thought that was SB's contribution.

Shadowblazer
09-30-2004, 12:16 AM
I thought that was SB's contribution.
You are correct, sir. I mean come on, do you really think that War Lord is a Star Wars geek? He's one of those people that's too cool for sci fi. I'm pretty sure he thinks that Luke Skywalker is friends with Spock.

AtmaWeapon
09-30-2004, 01:46 AM
No way, Luke would never hang out with that nerd Spock. Spock wastes all his time writing love songs about Bilbo Baggins for some weird reason.

I'm thinking about never unsealing these DVDs because I bet I could get a good return on investment in like 5 years when he re-releases this re-release of a re-release and cel-shades Star Wars.

Ganonator
09-30-2004, 03:41 AM
blah.. i just watched all 3 (over 4 days, i'm not a freak), and, well, i'm pissz0red

not really.

Why does Lucas have to put stupid shit in the re-releases? seriously. I had a hard enough time swallowing the CG scene with Jabba the Hut in the first one, and then, and THEN, he puts new CG shit in the part with the Jabba in the 3rd one. The little flamer in me says "eww omg omg eww get it off eww get it off!!" and so on.
Also, he put like this actraiseresque thing in the tooth pit thing about 20 minutes later in the movie. Now, it has a CG beak. It was a sad day for us all.

But it's not all shitty. I'm happy with this investment. I almost want to watch episode 2 now. (j/k!).

Actually, I'm going to watch the entire first season of Farscape, and depending on how horrible it is, I'll watch the Indiana Jones trilogy, and then more farscape. Breaker just had an orgasm, and that's why my binding for the letter 'C' on Ventrilo is "Breaker loves buttsex". Come in sometime, and I'll demonstrate for you.

Not the buttsex, the binding.

Anyway, I was thanking WL for the GD, and I'll thank SB for the quote. Thanks. You're married now, don't do that.

STOP

SixTen
09-30-2004, 10:20 AM
I got the impression from the last half of your post that you had too much coffee or something. I don't blame you, everything is more fun after a pot of coffee or so. And the sarlacc has had a cg beak since they re-released the movies before episode one came out.

Ganonator
09-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Actually, I made that post at like 1am, and I wasn't on coffee. I was on a Star Wars high.