PDA

View Full Version : How do I rip in tiles from a GIF?

Reflectionist
09-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Okay, i d/l some mtns. but they're just an image, am i supposed to 'rip' these, as I've heard, or what's going on there? do i have to study them and make my own tiles?

Reflectionist
09-26-2004, 06:24 PM
I feel overwhelmed by the excrutiating amount of help i have here, it'll take me years to sort through it all....

phattonez
09-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Give it time. You posted on a day with little activity. Wait until some comes here that knows how to do it.

VEL
09-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Reflectionist please do not double post, please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead as it is against the rules (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=78500) to double post. ;)

Reflectionist
09-26-2004, 10:24 PM
The thread would've been buried and i'd have never gotten an answer.

Freedom
09-26-2004, 10:32 PM
You aren't getting an answer because it's a complicated process to do what you want to do and would require a lot of typing to try and explain it all.

To grab the pic, go into tiles, scroll down to a free page (blank, black) and click on grab, then hightlight the whole gif by clicking on the left upper corner and holding shift while clicking on the lower right corner.

now the gif should be on your tile page but the colors will be wrong because the palette used in the gif is different then the ones you have in Zelda classic.

Now you can either recolor the whole thing or grab the gifs palette.

To grab a gifs palette, go to palette>levels and scroll down to an empty palette and open it, then click on grab, choose the gif, and grab the palette into your new palette in position cset 2, cset 3, or cset 4.

there it is, and I bet you're just as lost as you were to begin with right?

IN Short, just play with it a see how it works.

questerd00dman^
10-05-2004, 11:55 PM
ok, i know how to rip the images in all but i dont quite get how you get the colors to be how they should. When you said "and grab the palette into your new palette in position cset 2, cset 3, or cset 4." you lost me.

Thanks,
-Xero

Freedom
10-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Go into palette>levels and scroll down until you find the first unused one, open it, and click on grab, then choose your gif and you will see the palette, then place it in cset position 2, 3 or 4.
if it has more then 16 colors then you need to put it in a paint program and reduce its colors to 16 before trying to grab the palette.

In most cases I believe it's better to just recolor the gif with the palettes you have to work with in ZC, but for things like intro pages grabbing the palette would probably serve you better.

questerd00dman^
10-06-2004, 01:01 AM
ok, i have it where the colors are in position 2 but when i press the plus or minus keys none of the palletes have any of the right colors in them.
I know im doing something wrong that would seem obvious and stupid to most people but im sorta new to this program. :mega:

-Xero

Freedom
10-06-2004, 01:24 AM
when you put it on the screen go to data and all the way at the bottom put that palette number in for that screen

Reflectionist
10-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Rock on. How do i get the tiles from the tile screens to the scroll on the right?

Freedom
10-14-2004, 09:44 PM
by right clicking on an empty (red box) combo on the right side and then when the window opens left click on the box in the upper left, scrolling down the tiles pages until you see the new tile and choosing it.

the "scrolling" page on the right is called the combo pages, and once a tile is placed in there, from then on you refer to it as a combo.

Petoe
10-14-2004, 09:47 PM
EDIT: Nevermind. Freedom was faster than me...