PDA

View Full Version : The Talk

Rainman
09-26-2004, 04:28 AM
I've just realized that I never had to experience "the talk" I learned all that I've learned about sex from other sources like movies, friends, or tv. The closest thing to this awkward situation came after I had everything figured out.

I was istting at the dinner table. That pretty much means it was a while ago because we haven't done that in a while. Anyways, I was thinking about the reproductive process and in a moment of clinical insanity I decided to ask a question. "How are babies made?" I ask. Now, what I meant by this question was I wanted to know how a fetus developes in the womb and what not. My dad, god bless him, thought that it was that time. He just slowly got up and left the room for a short while.

Meanwhile I sat there stunned that I had gotten myself in this situation and the rest of the family was no doubt sharing in the awkwardness. He comes back with some kind of new age "birds and bees" book complete with pictures. All I could do was just mutter something about that I know about that stuff just I was wondering blah blah blah. Somehow I made it through dinner.

Thank god my parent are pretty cool about sex. They haven't sat me down and told me not to have sex or anything.

Anyone else have awkward stories about the sex talk?

goKi
09-26-2004, 04:51 AM
My parents wouldnt do it. Mum would just throw in a stupid comment about not having sex if i were to ever leave to go out with a girl. that would be about it. Dad would never have a bar of it, and if they think i'm not responsible enough, they are bigger idiots than i could have ever imagined.

deathbyhokie
09-26-2004, 08:24 AM
my dad gave my brothers an i the talk. however, he felt it neccessary to use euphisms. so now i know that if i ever share my m&m's with anyone else to make sure they have their candy coating :eyebrow:

Archibaldo
09-26-2004, 11:34 AM
I've actually never experienced the talk either. I haven't really asked "where do babies come from". I guess I just learned in the 6th grade when I took Sex Ed. I don't think that many kids get "the talk" now a days. Since there is so much of it on T.V.

moocow
09-26-2004, 12:21 PM
When I started my period, my mom just told me, "Okay, now you do realize you can get pregnant now, right?" That was pretty much it.

Ich
09-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Parents never bothered. I got a copy of the book "Everything you always wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" (the 1967 edition) and since then I've had ASWGL.

Glitch
09-26-2004, 04:11 PM
I never had "the talk" either.....

me2
09-26-2004, 04:53 PM
I knew for about 2 years. No talk.

Riku
09-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Nope, no talk here either.

Master Ghaleon
09-26-2004, 11:20 PM
I never had the talk. I guess that they figured I was gay heh

I actually dont think they gave any of my sisters the talk either

vegeta1215
09-27-2004, 12:55 AM
I've actually never experienced the talk either. I haven't really asked "where do babies come from". I guess I just learned in the 6th grade when I took Sex Ed. I don't think that many kids get "the talk" now a days. Since there is so much of it on T.V.

Ditto.

My Dad talked to me about the importance of being safe before going off to college, but that was about it.

DsS Game
09-27-2004, 06:01 AM
The only talk I've ever got from my folks is "make sure you always have plenty of rubber." Damn O.o

Rijuhn
09-27-2004, 09:13 AM
I never got "the talk" either, but I had pieced everything together before I ever talked to my parents about it. After I had figured the basics out all I seemed to ask my mom (because my dad is wierded out by stuff like this, go figure) different scientific questions and things about relationships and such.

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-29-2004, 01:01 PM
my dad gave my brothers an i the talk. however, he felt it neccessary to use euphisms. so now i know that if i ever share my m&m's with anyone else to make sure they have their candy coating :eyebrow:
OME, that is great. I don't think I can look at your dad now without laughing.

Newho, I never got the talk. But one day, I came home from school and there was a box of condoms and a bunch of pamphlets on my bed. Not a word was spoken about either. Man, I wish my parents were cool and game me the M & M talk.

ShadowTiger
09-29-2004, 02:27 PM
I've never actually been given "The Talk." I guess humans just tend to pick things up as they go along, kinda like an infant with a trail of toilet paper on its heels.