PDA

View Full Version : ...I want Visual Basic 6...

MasterSwordUltima
09-25-2004, 12:53 AM
I mean, I really want it. But I don't really wanna be paying for it. ^_^ Does anyone like, have the install file that they'd be willing to send me? Or know of a site with it? [Don't tell me to google for it, or to check out download.com, because it'll only get you patches and crap, and I'm not even going to try Kazaa].

me2
09-25-2004, 01:05 AM
...get a job you hobo. ;)

I have C++. do you want that? (PM)

MasterSwordUltima
09-25-2004, 01:10 AM
I'll take it, but like, I really want Visual Basic 6...

fatcatfan
09-25-2004, 01:25 AM
http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/msvc.html
It isn't Visual Basic, you don't get the MS IDE (though there's plenty of free alternatives that work), but it's free *and* legal. Why are you so set on Visual Basic?

AtmaWeapon
09-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Why do you want VB6 in particular? VB .NET is a much better language, IMO, and you can get the .NET SDK for free (just no IDE). If you sign up for a .NET passport, you can get the Visual Studio 2005 (Codename Whidbey) Express Edition for free. I've used it a bit, and not only is it superior to VS .NET 2003 it is dead sexy as well.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx

Otherwise, this looks totally and suspiciously like a warez request, and said request has been partially answered by me2.

I'm with fatcatfan, though. Why the sudden craving for a deprecated language?

MasterSwordUltima
09-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Computer Tech 3 class. Yeah, we do Visual Basic 6 stuff, and we can do the effing easy assignments at home if we have it, and like, I wanna do them and get them over with. So I can just play muds on telnet or crap during class, instead of the work. And besides, I kinda like VB6 [I mean yeah, its not the best of its kind, but its fun]. *Checks out http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/msvc.html*

goKi
09-25-2004, 03:57 AM
I mean, I really want it. But I don't really wanna be paying for it. ^_^ Does anyone like, have the install file that they'd be willing to send me? Or know of a site with it? [Don't tell me to google for it, or to check out download.com, because it'll only get you patches and crap, and I'm not even going to try Kazaa].

We dont discuss warez on the boards, no requests please. asking for links to free versions is fine, though

Ganonator
09-25-2004, 06:42 AM
Birthday:
May 21, 1988 First of all, you are way to young to be dealing with this. Second, go to your school and ask them if there is a way you can get educational version of the software. Asking people on an internet forum is stupid, and illegal. awesome.

If you are worried about a 'professional' copy, why? I don't want to kill your hopes and dreams. You aren't a professional. Get over it.

Breaker
09-25-2004, 08:48 AM

Don't request warez on the forum. Consider yourself warned. This should have been closed a lot sooner.