PDA

View Full Version : How to get the Lens of Truth to reveal secrets?

Cepat
09-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Just out of curiousity, how do I get the Lens of Truth to reveal let's say spikes in a dungeon? There's no flag for the Lens so how to get the secret to reveal?

*b*
09-23-2004, 11:57 PM
I haven't expiremented with the LoT yet, but I think it shows secret combos that haven't been triggered yet

Freedom
09-24-2004, 12:07 AM
I sent a PM to DFW, here is the reply

what he said was true and it works. First, it was hidden spikes which can hurt you. So obviously, you need the lens of truth to see them and avoid them right? So you make a NEW combo of the flooring that the spikes go on but have no spikes on this combo, but set the damage combo to 2 hearts (or whatever) so that stepping on this seemingly harmless floor will damage Link. After that, I go into my special combos flags for that screen and set up secret flag 16 (or however many I need to set up the effect) over the damage tiles. Thus, we complete the illusion of invisible spikes that hurt you and can only be seen and avoided by the lens of truth.
Quite simple really. Also, in level 6 and others, its also the same technique I used to create a room full of pits with but one path to the other side visible only by the lens of truth.
Hope this helped.

Cepat
09-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks *b*, Freedom & DFW. I did figure it out before reading Freedom's reply, as what DFW said, I replaced the normal floor with a damage 2 combo which looks like the normal floor. Then using the Lens flag on the new damage 2 combo floor, the Lens will reveal the spikes.

Freedom
09-24-2004, 12:20 AM
I couldn't get it to work like that Ielen, I put a spike combo in 16 and placed flag 16 for the lens to see on the screen, flag #14 lens flag only showed a white square so I used 16 instead, which now shows the spikes when you look with the lens where flags 16 are placed.

Cepat
09-24-2004, 12:24 AM
So flag #14 leads to # flag 16 which will show the spikes?

Freedom
09-24-2004, 12:29 AM
don't use flag 14, place a spike in secret combo 16 and use flag 16 on the screen, then look with the lens and the spikes will show.

*b*
09-24-2004, 12:54 AM
I think flag 14 is for letting people know where the secrets are, but not what they are... though I've never used it myself, so I might be wrong, and you can set the graphic that appears there in the Secret Combos window

Cepat
09-24-2004, 01:23 AM
don't use flag 14, place a spike in secret combo 16 and use flag 16 on the screen, then look with the lens and the spikes will show.

That works perfectly! The spikes show up under flag 16.