PDA

View Full Version : Quest: Mysterio Island

Kamaria
09-22-2004, 01:04 PM
(This takes place after the events of Majora's Mask.)

Seven years after saving Termina, Link was a grown man once again. He was able to withdraw the Master Sword once again and smite evil with it's power, though it appeared that there would be no evil for a long time to come. However, peace had not been completely restored in the world. One winter day, a small ship docked at Hyrule's shores, containing a lone, hooded man. The guards, suspecting something amiss, stopped him from entering the castle, but they were struck down with powerful magic. Several guards came for reinforcements and cut him repeatedly until he fell dead in a bloody mess. The guards returned to their posts...

However, about 20 seconds later, the hooded man rose again from his puddle of black blood, seemingly uneffected. The guards attacked again, but were torn asunder by the man's magic once again. He sweeped off to Hyrule Castle.

Link had been passing near Hyrule Castle, and, after witnessing the spectacle, raced off after the man, apparantly a powerful mage, only to find he had Princess Zelda in his grasp, and soon had extracted the Triforce of Wisdom from her body. Link challenged him to regain that Triforce, and the mage accepted.

Link's Master sword and shield were no match for the mage's lightning attacks, so he resorted to dodging. Eventually, Link wounded him seemingly fatally, but soon recovered, amazingly. Again he attacked, but the mage would recover faster and faster with each swipe, until suddenly, the mage formed a blade of his own.

He spoke for the first time. "This is the Yami Ougi Master Sword. And you created it.."

"You lie! I did nothing to.." Link rebuttled, but he was interrupted.

"Every cut you gave me allowed me to copy more and more of the Master Sword's properties, until I made a more powerful dark clone of it. You can never kill me with that sword, but I can kill you! I am Korago, the chaotic mage! Once I've struck down the Hero of Time, no one will impede my plans!"

And so the mage swung at Link, and cut the Master Sword in half, destroying the great sword.

"This can't be! You destroyed the Blade of Evil's Bane?!" Link cried.

"Now you are nothing but a mite to me.." Korago said, stabbing Link, and retreating. Link fell over....

...and woke up a day later.

Zelda had managed to barely save Link's life with the last of her healing powers. She had not been taken, just her Triforce.

"You're awake," a man said. "I've been sent by Zelda to tell you our situation. Korago has retreated to his fortress on Mysterio Island. She asks for your help once again, Hero of Time!"

Link no longer had a useful sword, so he was going in blind. But as soon as he made landfall on Mysterio Island, he encountered an old, but wise, man.

"You..you're the Hero of Time...you've come at long last! I have waited for you for years, but you've come to save the world from Korago's darkness. Take this sword. There may still be a way to destroy Korago, and I believe you will find it..."

That's the prologue story. The rest will of course be in the game. I've got big plans for this, and will eventually have screenshots.

So, what do you all think?

bmowrey
09-23-2004, 09:56 AM
I like it; a good story always helps a quest out.

Kamaria
09-24-2004, 07:42 AM
I guess it's good to know that somebody likes it, any suggestions from anyone?

This IS my first quest. I need tips. :)

The Dark Link
10-07-2004, 03:04 PM
The key to any quest is a good story. And while I hate that goody-two-shoes twin of mine, this adventure he will undertake promises to be quite intresting. Hope it REALLY is intresting!