PDA

View Full Version : Vote Redemopublicratican!

SixTen
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
So, I am just getting around to register to vote, and it's asking for my party. There's the usual Democrat, Republican, Libertarian as well as Other. I was thinking about selecting other and typing in Redemopublicratican, inspired by Ich. Any thoughts?

Gerudo
09-21-2004, 05:47 PM
i am registered to vote, but i think i put "other"...

its hard to choose when you have
dumbass vs purple heart boy vs no name (badnarik?)

ShadowTiger
09-21-2004, 06:34 PM
I can vote. But I also know that I'm only one person. And I'm very unlucky. They'de be better off without my vote. Now a special "kthx" and I leave all political threads behind. Good day sirs.

goKi
09-21-2004, 06:42 PM
I also vote for the first time (other than a local council election -_-) in a few weeks. I've actually put hard thought into my votes, in order to not throw them away. Also, i find it odd that they ask your preference when you register to vote...

Rainman
09-21-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm voting. I'm register Independent. I couldn't totally agree with either party so I chose the middle ground. I'm most likely be voting Democratic for the most part though.

Ganonator
09-21-2004, 08:06 PM
you guys had to register a party? woah
in Soviet Montana, the party registers j00. err, i mean, you don't have to register a specific party.

Rijuhn
09-21-2004, 08:25 PM
I registered to vote about 2 weeks ago. I just got my voter card in the mail a few days ago. I'm voting for Bush 100%.

BLONDINE
09-21-2004, 09:13 PM
HaHaHa..I almost am glad that I don't get to vote til next elections because I am basically with Gerudo,"dumbass vs purple heart boy vs no name"...there isn't much of a selection...If anything I would most likely go with bush, I trust him a little bit more than Kerry...

Riku
09-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Im also glad i cant vote yet. But I would have to go for bush just because he used to live like 15 miles from me. *Shrugs*

VT_Hokie_Fan
09-21-2004, 09:18 PM
I can't vote now (14, going on 15), but when I'm 18(next election) I'm still gonna not vote my ass off. I'm a bad decision maker, so I leave it to the general public. Have fun general public...

Ich
09-21-2004, 10:02 PM
It's either "tax and spend" or "borrow and spend" and they both leave you about the same amount of fucked.

The label "Redomopublicratican" is a joke from the site Pointless Waste of Time.com (http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com), and their "News Skim Comics (http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/nscomics.html)." Words like "Republicrat" or "Demopublican" are also more common, mean roughly the same thing, and aren't from the News Skim. If you're bored and not using a 56k modem, I recommend them. They're stupid and funny, and a lot of large images.

Axel
09-23-2004, 07:56 PM
I plan to register Independent. Unfortunately I'm one year to young to vote this time, otherwise it'd be Kerry all the way. I don't think Bush has done one thing in four years to deserve a second chance.
But unlike tunabreath I don't consistently support one party. Over the past fifty years there have been two Republican presidents I think I would have supported. Sadly one of them is Nixon, the is Gen. Eisenhower. I find some of the moderate Republican economic policies attractive. What repels me about the party today, however, is that it has been seized by right-wing fringe groups. I don't think the fascists will hold the party for long, so we just have to ride out the storm until the Republicans can regan some meaningful policies.

vegeta1215
09-23-2004, 11:11 PM
I registered to vote a few months ago and put "No affiliation". I don't like the idea of voting for a candidate just because they're in a certain party. (which I'm sure many people do)

I plan on voting for Kerry in the upcoming election. I can't stand George W. Bush. Like Axel, I don't think he has done anything in the past four years to deserve a second term. Plus listening to that man speak insults my intelligence.

moocow
09-24-2004, 03:36 PM
I've been registered to vote since late May 2002, a few weeks before I turned 18. It's something they did at our school to try and get us to vote yes for their levy so that they could build on. I never did go and vote for that... oops.

I'm voting Republican. I <3 Bush.

Monica
09-24-2004, 06:36 PM
I'll be 20 and it'll also be my first time to vote. I'm voting for Bush. ^_^ Too bad I live in a state that's usually Liberal...;_;