PDA

View Full Version : ZangbandTK - general discussion & help

richie
09-19-2004, 12:40 PM
I play Zangband. Now, I have three characters:
First is a half-titan warrior, starving
Second is doing well, a chaos vampire
Third, that's the point, has a problem.
I want to clear the quest, but my patron Nurgle turned me into a yeek.
Can you make it?
Download the file here (http://www.ezshare.de/files/9895/27324/fear_me), put it into your 'Zangband/variant/ZangbandTK/lib/save' folder and play.
If you can make it through the quest ( I guess you won't) , please upload it via ezshare (http://www.ezshare.de) and post the link.

Don't wonder about the 999 HP. That was cheated and don't work!
You will never get it! (I think so).

I am the polar opposite of justice. Cool!
(according to my starving character)

Long post. I hope I didn't forget something.

Skulkraken
09-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Your download link doesn't work, at least for me. Do you have any info on the character you need help with, besides being turned into a yeek? Is the quest a random one (the kind you get on certain dungeon levels), or is it one of the predetermined town quests? Random ones can be retreated out of temporarily by leaving the dungeon level it's on. Winning as a yeek is possible (they are a playable race in ZAngbandtk), but you will likely have to rely heavily on magic and items, due to their low physical strength.

richie
09-22-2004, 12:11 PM
It is the 'Node Of Chaos' quest , so, a fixed one.
You may know. You're in a vulcano which is full of giant wyrms. Quite a problem for a fire- inresistant yeek.
What exactly do you mean by 'doesn't work'? Click the bottom link. It should start opening the file, which has no extension.

I'm also no noob in Zangband, but what exactly do the single numbers mean? It's because the Soulsword seems to be much weaker that most other weapons (i.e. A lead-filled mace (3d5) (+2,+3))??

Do you know any item what's more stupid than:
a ring of light and darkness resistance (cursed)

Best item I have:
The scimitar 'Soulsword' (3d5) (+9,+11) (+2)
Can you beat that?

Skulkraken
09-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Hmmm.. You're right. The download works now. It's just that earlier, I was getting server errors from link to your file. That's a pretty tough predicament your character got into in that save file. To be honest, I never got very far into the dungeon, or to many of the quests. I tried attacking the wyrms head-on, and lost. I'll try seeing whether spells might make any difference.

The (+2) represents how much a particular stat will be raised, if it's supposed to raise a stat, or an additional armor class bonus otherwise (I think, there may be other uses for it I haven't remembered yet). (+9,+11) has +9 referring to bonuses to hit, while +11 refers to damage bonuses.

richie
09-25-2004, 11:49 AM
I eventually found the part in the help.
3d5 means that, for damage, a 5-sided dice is thrown 3 times, the eyes are added.
+9 adds 9 points to sword skill.
+11 ads 11 points to deadliness, a damage multiplier.

So, the scimitar itself can do up to 138,75 hp damage with one hit.