View Full Version : City vs. Small Town

Rainman
09-18-2004, 04:33 PM
In my transfer from highschool to college life, I've also been transplanted into a wholly different city life. I come from a small town of about 5000 people. Now, I'm in the city of Pittsburgh. One might think that I would be totally overwhelmed by such an environment. I'm not quite accustomed to it. I don't mind all the noise and I don't hate people so this isn't so bad. I'm almost getting to the point where I prefer the city. What about you guys?

Glitch
09-18-2004, 04:36 PM
I used to live out in the country. About 20 miles from the closest town. I didn't realize how much I liked it till I moved into a city. Both have their benefits though. I still like living in the city for the simple fact that everything is closer. If I had to choose one I would prefer to live in a city. I actually plan on living in Pittsburgh soon while I attend the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. No telling when that will be though...

Axel
09-18-2004, 05:26 PM
The city, hands down. Why? Two words: no car. I hate the things, they're noisy, they polute, they're ugly. Everything about them disgusts me. But in a suburb or away from the cities they're a fact of life. In an old city you have everything you want within walking distance or available by subway or bus.

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-18-2004, 05:45 PM
I live in the sticks and I love it. I don't have to put up with people, traffic, or neighbors.

Rijuhn
09-18-2004, 07:34 PM
I haven't lived in either. I live in Va Beach, the biggest in (square miles) resort city in the US. It weird because south of me is sorta country but it's been modernized a bit, and north of me is the "city" of VA Beach, but it still isn't a city. You still have to drive everywhere and the buses aren't convienient or abundant enough that I would ever use them.

I'd probably prefer living in the city though.

BLONDINE
09-18-2004, 07:48 PM
HaHa...well...I would much rather live in the city...hershey is even a little to much cow and farming for me and they are SUPER modernized...I choose the city hands down!!! it is just so much more conveineant and plus I like people and noise and I will even admitt...traffic is pretty fun most of the time, ( as long as you got funny people in the car and good music to rock out to!!!)...

Brasel
09-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, from home to Ft. Stewart the size of the town I live in really hasn't changed, but the fact that a St. Louis sized city isn't there anymore kinda hurts. There isn't anything to do around here and no hockey or baseball games unless I want to travel 300+ miles to Atlanta. St. Louis was only 30 miles away from me when I lived at home. At least I have a beach near me.

ShadowTiger
09-19-2004, 06:43 PM
I live 20 miles east of New York City. I eat pollution for breakfast! o_o .. That's... not.. good. - .-;

I really couldn't stand to live in the country. A nice suburban neighborhood will do just fine.

Starkist
09-19-2004, 07:09 PM
While I love the atmosphere of a place like Seattle, a small town will always hold a place in my heart that a city can never touch.

Paradox
09-19-2004, 07:46 PM
There's far more excitement and things to do in a city, which is why I prefer it much more than being in a small town or the middle of nowhere.

Artex
09-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Not only is our town small, but it's secluded. Love the convience of a city, but I do like this. Chicago > Mango Town.....it was a big jump when I moved, but hell....I like the quietness.

Darkgrammer
09-20-2004, 09:53 PM
All I can say that I live in Palm Springs, CA.

And its freaking hot, But PS isn't a major city nor a small town its in between and that is the perfect city for me with a couple of golf courses and some tennis.

...oh yeah baby, feel the summer heat of 110 degrees. zzzzzzhhsss :D

Manny
09-20-2004, 10:31 PM
I need city. its my life style. All my life has been really big cities which i love. the city i live in is 100,000 or so. Boston has 500,000, but if you include the area, its 3 million. When i live in brasil my city was big too. over 200,000 (not that big but still the same). i just prefer big cities i guess. but when i settle down, a small town will be nice ;)
-manny

Gerudo
09-21-2004, 02:21 AM
the small town i used to live in had a couple thousand people... mostly elderly... now its filled with little bitch punk teens and whatnot... they all work at some fast food place (note that my hometown has 1 of each except a taco bell.)

i much prefer a large city (columbus, anyone?) because theres always shit to do and the job market is much better.