PDA

View Full Version : Using ZC for research

sloewy
09-13-2004, 10:28 AM
I work for LSI (a research facility at FSU) and we are using ZC for research puposes. We do not want players to see the map that appears in the upper left hand corner when you get the map, is there a way to disable that feature? We thought about just putting a paper over that part of the screen to cover it, but in that case we would need to disable the "A" button because when that is pushed the screen changes to show you how much rupies, etc. you have and the map moves to the bottom of the screen and they would be able to view it. Please let me know if you can help! Email is [email protected]

ForteMP3
09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
You can disable the corner map by simply not drawing one for the Dmap. When a DMap is a dungeon type, the grid on the right side of the screen for that Dmap's properties represents the map you'll see in the dungeon. Simply leave this blank and no map will appear when you pick the map item up. However, this will not prevent the map in your item menu from displaying all the rooms you've visited.

Hope this helps!

Orion
09-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Go into misc. colors and change the values of everything except "text" "caption" and "triframe" (check the help file for what each one does, I'm not sure if changing all of them is required) to the same color (like black). The idea is to make it so that the map rooms and link's position are the same color as the subscreen background, therefore you have no idea where Link is on the map.

Tsukuru
09-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are you researching?

Mr. 207
09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
It'd be funny if it was a test to see how long someone would keep going back and forth on the same "lost woods" type screens before realizing theres no way out.