PDA

View Full Version : Study Abroad Options

BLONDINE
09-09-2004, 05:44 PM
I have recently found myself eligible to Study Abroad with a full ride (minus my own personal expenses) from my school...but, I have to duke it out with 14 other top noch kids...can anyone give me any advice that can make my application process easier or if you live in another coutry give me some insite to what goes on where you live so I can make the best decsion I can to where I would like to go!
I appreciate any help!! :D :) :hug:

AsMadAsAHatter
09-10-2004, 07:48 PM
I know...why don't you come back to california? :goofy:

Tsukuru
09-11-2004, 10:39 AM
You will probably have to do an interview at some point in the application process. Foreign exchange programs like students who can act as an ambassador; in other words you should be up to date on world events.

They also want to know that you're ready for the challenge of absorbing a new country. For example, though Japan may seem like our next door neighboors (what with all the imported technology), their culture can be very different and frustrating to foreigner. Trust me, in the case of the Japanese they usually say what they don't mean and mean what they don't do.

Finally, one you choose a country you should research and start learning a bit of the language. If in this interview (you may have one, you may not, what's the name of the exchange program?) you show some knowledge and interest of your desired country you'll definitely get brownie points.

BLONDINE
09-11-2004, 10:58 AM
You will probably have to do an interview at some point in the application process. Foreign exchange programs like students who can act as an ambassador; in other words you should be up to date on world events.

They also want to know that you're ready for the challenge of absorbing a new country. For example, though Japan may seem like our next door neighboors (what with all the imported technology), their culture can be very different and frustrating to foreigner. Trust me, in the case of the Japanese they usually say what they don't mean and mean what they don't do.

Finally, one you choose a country you should research and start learning a bit of the language. If in this interview (you may have one, you may not, what's the name of the exchange program?) you show some knowledge and interest of your desired country you'll definitely get brownie points.

Thanks so much...and my school works with The Rotary Club...

DANI: I wish!!....LOL....

Riku
09-12-2004, 12:31 AM
I dont know much about the foriegn exchange process, but I would love to go to japan one day. Just to see where all my fun fun games come from :P. Good luck though!

BLONDINE
09-12-2004, 11:09 AM
I actually and hoping to get to go to Australia...I hear it is beautiful and so exciting...I really hope I get to go!!

Manny
09-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Drop me a PM, I can help you in whatever you need. Questions, doubts, etc.

BLONDINE
09-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Just as a heads up, I got in one of the final positions!!! it is between me and two other students(the president of the 10th grade class and another regular kid) and there is going to be one that goes For sure and one as a sub or if my school can weasel it in the budget may be able to go as well!!I found out yesturday and I am soooo excited!!! I am sure I will have NUMOROUS questions later but I don't even know where to start!!!And I bet it would be easier if I knew where I was going!! I can't believe it!!!!Tiff(prez) is going to be really tough competition but I think I can handle it!