PDA

View Full Version : Dog Shoots Man, Puppies Saved

Master Ghaleon
09-09-2004, 11:11 AM
NEWS - "PENSACOLA, Fla. (Sept. 9) - A man who tried to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs put its paw on the revolver's trigger.

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, was charged with felony animal cruelty, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday. He was being treated at a hospital for a gunshot wound to his wrist.

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old shepherd-mix dogs in the head because he couldn't find them a home, according to the sheriff's office.

On Monday, Bradford was holding two puppies - one in his arms and another in his left hand - when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger of the .38-caliber revolver. The gun then discharged, the sheriff's report said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford's home, said sheriff's Sgt. Ted Roy.

The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption."

That guy should be shot in the head

ShadowTiger
09-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Dogs are smarter than people think. ;)

On Monday, Bradford was holding two puppies - one in his arms and another in his left hand - when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger of the .38-caliber revolver. The gun then discharged, the sheriff's report said.
;)

Rainman
09-09-2004, 02:55 PM
I see no problem with what he was doing. Sure puppies are cute, but they were a burden to him.

moocow
09-09-2004, 03:13 PM
He was killing animals because he didn't want them. That's fucked up. He could have taken them to the pound, or even called and asked the pound to come pick them up. Instead he wants to shoot them, just cause no one wanted them? That's like shooting your kid because you don't want him/her anymore.

Rainman
09-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Please don't equate a human child to an animal. That's just ridiculous.

I agree he may have had alternative options. I just have a "pet peeve" if you will against people who consider humans equal to animals. I could expound on my philosophy, but hopefully it's superfluous.

Yoshiman
09-09-2004, 04:27 PM
He could of given them to a humane society or something instead of shooting them. It's just seems wrong to smite a life with other alternatives avalible. :shakeno:

Archibaldo
09-09-2004, 04:34 PM
He had it coming to him. It's horrible to kill animals is you can't find a home. He obviously didn't try very hard to find a home for them. There are always people wanting puppies.

Rainman
09-09-2004, 11:54 PM
He could of given them to a humane society or something instead of shooting them. It's just seems wrong to smite a life with other alternatives avalible. :shakeno:

Where there's probably a good chance the puppies will get put to sleep.

Lutraphobiac
09-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old snakes in the head because he couldn't find them a home, according to the sheriff's office.

No one sees any problem with the above statement. In other countries they would feel the same way about dogs. He has every right to give his dogs a quick and painless death rather than burden himself.

With that said. I could never harm a puppy.

VT_Hokie_Fan
09-11-2004, 10:38 PM
No one sees any problem with the above statement. In other countries they would feel the same way about dogs. He has every right to give his dogs a quick and painless death rather than burden himself.

With that said. I could never harm a puppy.

That's different. When have you ever died cause a 3-month old puppy bit you? NEVER! Especially cause you just posted.
N-e-ways. He got what he deserved. I just hope who ever adopts the dog that shot the guy never brings him hunting...

Riku
09-12-2004, 12:00 AM
I just have a "pet peeve" if you will against people who consider humans equal to animals. I could expound on my philosophy, but hopefully it's superfluous.

That would be a good statement if humans werent animals. Hell, were even both classified as mammals. He sure did have it coming.

mikeron
09-12-2004, 12:54 AM
That guy can afford a gun, but he can't get his dog spayed?
I hope that was his masturbation hand.
No one sees any problem with the above statement. In other countries they would feel the same way about dogs.You can't equate dogs with snakes. Snakes are the spawn of Satan, forced to crawl on their bellies for all eternity.

Saffith
09-12-2004, 01:05 AM
At least snakes don't shoot puppies in the head.

Manny
09-15-2004, 06:46 PM
I find this terribly ironic. The way its written makes it seem funny, but its really not. I hope the guy is okay though I believe what he was doing was wrong.

Trevelyan_06
09-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Rainman, violence towards any animal simply because you don't want it any longer is stupid. There were alternatives to shooting the puppies. And, even if they do get put to sleep by the human society, at least they had a chance and thier deaths are more humane than being shot by someone who most likely has no experience in the quick and humane killing of animals.

Lutraphobiac, you replace puppies with snakes, saying then that no one would care. The emotion invovled would not be the same for all, but the act of shooting pets snakes would be even more stupid. A pet snake is no where near as domesticated as puppy, as long as they were not poisonus or a danger to humans they could simply be released into the wild, espically if they are just a corn snake. If they are poisonous or a danger to humans in the wild, then he shouldn't have had them in the first place, and unfortunalty, the snake should be destroyed. Puppies, sometimes can not be let free, they are domesticated and thus will stay around people and become problems. They aren't, however, poisonus, nor are they inherently dangerous to humans. Their upbringing and interactions with humans determines their personality.