PDA

View Full Version : Ummm... ya, Like Holy Shit

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-08-2004, 10:52 PM
So, I was chilling at my friends house down on main street. It's a small little town, with some shops but mostly houses and stuff. Then, the wind started to pick up really bad, we stepped onto the porch just in time to see a tornado form about a quater mile away. It sounded like a train. We beat ass into the cellar untill the wind dies down. We were't in the celler more than 3 minutes, but when we came out, main street was slammed. Trees down , powerlines down everywhere, roads blocked every where you looked. Limbs were down, glass boken, the house across the stret lost all of its gutters into a near by tree. A small housing community a couple miles a away was flattened. Over the next couple of hours, central Virginia was battered by tornados and rain. It's been like 8 hours, and it is still thundering.

deathbyhokie
09-08-2004, 11:03 PM
apparantly bowling green elemantary ended up getting damaged too. nothing major, but someone car in the parking lot got screwed up. they have a video of lippa talking about the damage( and some footage of the damage) here (http://www.fredericksburg.com/Movies/2004/092004/tornado) (quicktime).

glad you guys are ok though. it didn't do anything but rain hard up here in fredericksburg

Master Ghaleon
09-08-2004, 11:17 PM
We had rain mostly and a little bit of wind through here and thats about it. Clouds were lookin pretty black today, I had no idea that there was gonna be storms through here. Glad your alright Ibis.

Rijuhn
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Dang man! Why haven't I heard anything about this yet? It must be too recent I guess. This is also another reason why I'm thankful I live in Viriginia Beach and not central VA. Over here where I live the trees seem to prevent any tornadoes from forming, though we do get funnel clouds sometimes.

Ich
09-08-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm in south central PA. If I die, at least one person who knows about AGN will tell you guys. Don't worry too much.

SixTen
09-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Was that why it was raining today? I like torrential rain and thunder, but a tornado is a little extreme. Glad to hear you're safe.

moocow
09-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Glad you're okay, Ibis! We just got a shit load of rain, and some flood warnings. If it keeps raining (like it's going to do today), the river will most definitely flood, especially if the lake opens it's flood gates, yay.

biggiy05
09-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Lets see we got some rain, a side of rain, a nice lil drizzle, a down pour, some more rain, wind, rain, heavy wind, and oh yea RAIN! It keeps acting like its gonna pour and if it does before 7pm I will laugh my ass off cuz my sister will be drenched in water from cheerleading at the football game until I pick her up.

Archibaldo
09-09-2004, 04:39 PM
It was raining all day here. Pretty bad too. At school, the soccer fields had pond sized puddles on them. It stopped for a bit erlier but then it started to rain again.

Ich
09-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Today it was wet, drizzled a little bit, but the sky looks foreboding still. I live in the attic of my house. We had to run the 12 minute run today, and the field was really wet and muddy, plus it was sticky as all hell. At least it wasn't sunny too. It still looks like it's going to rain.

BLONDINE
09-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Ich explained it pretty well!!

Mitsukara
09-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Bleah! Tornados creep me out. Still, I'm glad that you and Amber, and heck, it's cool that your house and everything you own (except for that laptop, apparently...) are okay.

We haven't really had any tornadoes come anywhere in town in about 5 years, but we have had the right conditions and stuff a little often. Lately it's mostly just been dry and hot, though, with the occasional mildly coolish front. Well, lately meaning the past two weeks, anyway; in Kansas City it was mostly somewhere between nice and hot, with a periodic few scattered days of insane mad rain and thunderstorms.

I hope the weather is a little nicer- of course, what with the winters there, I guess it won't really be neccesarily, but hopefully no really really dangerous weather, at any rate- for you for a while after this.

Orion
09-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Brings back memories... heh..

Glad to hear your okay though. That's the important thing.

me2
09-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Texas weather... Ugh.

Today was partly cloudy in Houston. Three days ago, it was pouring. I think it might rain tomorrow, tho. Hard to predict. Haven't seen any tornados. Ever. And we're to close to sea level (8ft) to build a cellar. It would flood very fast.

We get pretty big hurricanes. Ever heard of the Hurricane of September 7, 1900? How about Alicia? Andrew? Allison? Thank god I don't live near Galveston.

Riku
09-12-2004, 12:28 AM
You live in houston? Coolio i live about 4 hours away in the little cameron tx.

ANYWAYS, about 2 weeks ago it was sunny and everything and all of the sudden i couldnt see my dogs in the other room, it got so dark, so i looked out the door and theyre was bricks and fences flying everywhere. They didnt classify it as a tornado but winds reached 70 mph, and there was tornado like damage, but strangly enough i never got disconnected from diablo 2. :shrug: