PDA

View Full Version : He's BACK!!

Ganonator
09-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Ken Jennings is back again on Jeopardy! He just won his 40th show in a row.

I've been watching him for a while, and he never fails to amaze. 1.4 million? Come on!

ZTC
09-07-2004, 11:40 PM
You think he would of stopped at 1mil...

Rainman
09-07-2004, 11:44 PM
I am working on having his baby. First I need to find away to get pregnant though.

Yea, I'm a fan of Jeopardy and this Ken Jennings thing is extra special. :)

Master Ghaleon
09-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Damn, thats amazing. His competition must either suck or hes just plain smart.

Glitch
09-08-2004, 03:35 AM
My parents were telling me about him. He is a freaking genius.
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/07/tv.jeopardy.ap/story.jennings.ap.jpg

Ich
09-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I think it's awesome. They could simply pay someone to go through the show like this, with prior knowledge of the questions, so he would dominate. Ratings are up at a many year peak.

Rainman
09-08-2004, 11:22 AM
The reason he's winning is simple. He knows how to ring in. He's probably not the smartest guy to get on Jeopardy, but as you've noticed he rarely loses an "answer" to another person. He good enough at giving the questions that he can rack up a big score.

Ganonator
09-08-2004, 04:39 PM
I think he's just smart. He doesn't know a lot about pop culture, but his specialty is movies. There's no way that Jeopardy would stoop so low as to let this guy win, since it's a syndicated show anyway.

I just hope he stays on for a good while...

DeathLink
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
i think it's because he's Utahn, utahnz are teh coolest :)

slef
09-08-2004, 05:43 PM
I watched him a couple times, he seems to always buzz in even if he doesnt know the answer, but he knows so many it doenst matter.

ShadowTiger
09-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Whoah, did you see Tuesday's show? Ken barely scraped by! He was nearly tied with some guy "Bob," I think.. And later, on the Barbara Walters show, (Maybe some other show... I have to sort all this info as I hear it. >_< ) they made a few references to him losing soon. When they realized what they said, (That they potentially had inside info, so it may have seemed,) they kinda hedged out.

I wonder what would happen To Jeopardy if he never lost. :p

VT_Hokie_Fan
09-08-2004, 09:43 PM
He's a mormon. Go mormon's!! Seriously, If you ever watch espn then you'll see that everyone rips on him. But for what, you ask? For winning over 1 million dollars! Hah, they jus jealous

Jigglysaint
09-08-2004, 10:06 PM
He's a mormon. Go mormon's!! Seriously, If you ever watch espn then you'll see that everyone rips on him. But for what, you ask? For winning over 1 million dollars! Hah, they jus jealous

I concure. Mormons now own Jeopardy.

Actually, LDS or not, he still kicks arse.

Riku
09-08-2004, 10:10 PM
I think that they have it set up. Its just not possible to be that smart. And if he really is "just that smart", then he should be shot.

biggiy05
09-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Its just not possible to be that smart. And if he really is "just that smart", then he should be shot.

Its not possible? What about Albert Einstein? The guy was smarter than Jennings. Im willing to bet. Why should he be shot for being smart? Nothing wrong with being smart about things that you dont understand. I think your jealous because he has won so much money and knows so much and you dont.

Rainman
09-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Einstein would probably suck at Jeopardy. He was a mathematician and probably didn't learn all that much more. There're different ways of being smart.

DarkPanther
09-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Possible spoiler...

Word is the ep. of his loss is sched. for Oct. 11th, his 75th show, in which he loses by $1.

But that's just the word on the street...

Ganonator
09-10-2004, 07:10 PM
october 11th? wow that's a way away

Feasul
09-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Possible spoiler...

Word is the ep. of his loss is sched. for Oct. 11th, his 75th show, in which he loses by $1.

But that's just the word on the street...
Don't they tape a week's worth of shows at the beginning of each week? Besides, I don't believe it's rigged. It's certainly plausible that Jennings has mass amounts of useless knowledge. I didn't used to watch Jeopardy, but I happened to tune in when Jennings was on his 6th show and they said nobody has ever won 7 in a row (it was that season that they started to allow people on for more than 5 in a row.) And I've only missed a few since. He's absolutely amazing.