PDA

View Full Version : avoiding the deception

*b*
09-07-2004, 03:14 PM
now, assuming I spelled 'deception' correctly, consider this: I just did a Kazaa Lite search for Zelda Classic, and found at least 100 copies of the notorious Zelda Classic 2.00.exe/zip virus. earlier, there was a topic (I think it was a topic) that discussed what to call the next full version of ZC (2.0). instead of calling it 2.0 or 2.01 or something, why not give it a completley new name, like 'Zelda Classic DX' or 'Zelda Classic Advance'? that way, nobody would get the virus and the real version of ZC mixed up, and get their C drive wiped

I know, this is probably a little too early to be coming up with this, since 1.93 isn't even out yet. I've just got a bit of time on my hands

[edit] just curious, does anybody know what version 2.00 really is? or has anybody been brave enough to find out?

Dark Nation
09-07-2004, 03:22 PM
I've downloaded several of the ZC 2.0's from Kazaa and such. Each one had a different size. My Norton Antivirus deleted each one as it completed downloading, calling each one a different virus name. As for the name change, I'm open to suggestions.

Nick
09-07-2004, 04:35 PM
How about Zelda Classic Plus (or +)?

It would basically mean "The original Zelda plus new features" or "Zelda Classic plus new features."

Not a very creative name, really. :blah:

ShadowTiger
09-07-2004, 06:17 PM
ZR - Zelda Revolution?
ZPC - Zelda PC?
ZCA - Zelda Classic Advanced?
ZC 2 - .... Zelda Classic Two? :p :rolleyes: (That's minus the "point o." )
ZCP - Zelda Classic Platinum?

Or should we even be sticking to the "classic" part, if it's not only classic?

Blonde799
09-07-2004, 07:35 PM
ZC GOLD DANGIT!!!:D

I mean, there would be a point to it after all.:p