PDA

View Full Version : help zelda no file

conviction
09-06-2004, 06:15 PM
i recently downloade zelda classic from pcgamers site and when i go to play it it says no file found i get right to where you register ive try to re download but iit always has my old register name if you have any suggestion let me know i might just need a better version !
thanks conviction

Freedom
09-06-2004, 09:04 PM
download it from here.

Ruby86
09-06-2004, 09:11 PM
I am having the smae issue and down loaded it from here

Freedom
09-06-2004, 10:06 PM
First open zquest-w.exe and play the lost woods midi, so it can write you an ag.cfg file.
then it should be able to find the rest of the files in your folder.

conviction
09-07-2004, 09:17 AM
how do i do that i was just on thier and re loade the game and it still says 1st quat no file found i guess meaning 1st request not available i did get the sound to come on by reinstaling it then fooling around with the first screen that had auto detect midi driver and digtal driver i would believe this is where i would do what you told me but how do i get that screen to come up without reinstaling it. now the screen i can get to is the one after the title screen where you put your name in!

thanks conviction

Freedom
09-07-2004, 10:32 AM
sounds to me like you didn't download all of the files.
1st quest not found means you must not have 1st.qst in the folder with it.
it needs all of it's files to run.

Once you have all the files, you go into the folder that it is all in and find zquest-w.exe and double click on it, and then click on the screen and play the lost woods midi so the program can write you an ag.cfg file.
then close it and open zelda-w.exe and register a name and play the game.

conviction
09-07-2004, 11:35 AM
where can i download a better version of this and how do i do it. i threw the other files aways i downloaded a zelda version 2 weeks ago maybe it conflicted with this one and i searched for it and threw it away also because i could get it to run i saved it to a teaget instead of running i am not that savy with games so if you wouldn't mind explianing these things to me it would be much apreciated and some of the coding terms

thanks alot conviction

Freedom
09-07-2004, 04:16 PM
You need to make a folder on your C drive called ZCBeta and download all the files into it.
To do this open windows explorer and highlight [C:] at the top and click on FILE then NEW and the Folder and name it.

THEN to put the Zelda program in there when you download, when the download window comes up click on C and scroll down and find that new folder and click on it to open it, then let Zelda download into it.

once you have all the files and have unzipped them and ran zquest so it can write the ag.cfg and log file you should have these files though their numbers may vary if you use the 183 which is the better choice.

list of files for the 192b182 beta program

182test.qst
1st.qst
2nd.qst
3rd.qst
ag.cfg
allegro.log
alleg41.dll
agsetup.exe
sfx.dat
zc192b182d.exe
zc192b182s.exe
zc192b182w.exe
zelda.dat
zelda.exe
zelda (shortcut)
zelda.sav
zelda-w.exe
zgp.dat
zquest.exe
zquest.txt
zquest-w.exe

conviction
09-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I Went Into My C Drive And Found A Folder Already Made With I Belive Evrything You Have Listed I Ran Zquest And I Got To A Screen Wher It Had Maps Palletes And At The Top It Had File Quest Edit Tools Data Etc And Looked Around And Couldn't Figuer Out Then I Ran File Named Zelda And Got To The Registrion Part And Guess What It Said Yep 1st Qst Nofile Found 1stqst (e) Which I Think Means That 1st Qst Is Some How Hooked Up To Drive E Now I Did Some Checking In The Different Sections And Thier Is No Midi They All Say Empty And All Filees Go Directly To C Drive When I Check By The Way I Am Doing All Of This Out Of My C Drive Would That Cause Any Problems? NOW WHEN I GO TO THE MENU SCREEN WITH THE LITTLE LINKS THIER IS A FILE NAMED BER AND WHEN I CLICK ON IT IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT JARROD WOENER DOWNPARTNERS 1ST QST??????????
Thanks Conviction

Freedom
09-07-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't know what else to tell you, I've already told you now 3 times to open zquest and play a midi so it can write you an ag.cfg file which is where I think your problem is, maybe someone else will jump in here with a better solution.

Good luck on it.

conviction
09-08-2004, 09:22 AM
thanks man the only other question is when i go in to z quest how do i play the midi i go down to one and they say empty!

thanks conviction

Freedom
09-08-2004, 11:10 AM
double click on zquest-w.exe
click on etc on the top right.
click on play midi

conviction
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks I Apperciate You Taking The Time To Explain That To Me!

Conviction