PDA

View Full Version : Custom Tiles

Vash the Stampe
09-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Is there any other tutorials for customizing tiles other than the Alphadawg Zquest tutorial. I'm still having some trouble with it. I'm makeing a Trigun themed quest and I need to edit all the tiles.
Thank you

Vash the Stampede

Love and Peace!!! :laughing:

hellebeest
09-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Either *b* or idontknow is busy, or is gonna make one of those,
actually it's quite easy (not that i'm a huge editor :D).
Personally I'm busy with a Naruto themed quest and it's darned hard,
just keep editing the tiles untill you feel right about it :) you'll get the hang of it.

*b*
09-06-2004, 06:15 PM
just take some screnshots of different places in Trigun, and try to draw them. if I knew the anime well enough, and wasn't busy with over 3 projects, I'd help you out

Vash the Stampe
09-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks *b* I appreciate it. I'm still having problems with the Bs graphics though. The tiles that move Link are screwing up. He changes tiles weird when i move him. Kind of looks like he's moving in a circle when ever I move him...Any Ideas of what the problem could be?

Vash the Stampede

Love and Peace!!!

*b*
09-06-2004, 07:16 PM
when you open the quest, check the BS Animation under Quest > Rules. that should fix it. either that, or you've stubled upon a bug

Vash the Stampe
09-06-2004, 07:32 PM
It is checked. I'm using Zelda Classic v1.92 Beta183 I exported the bs tiles just as alphadawgs Tutorial explains but he still moves like that. Its weird lol...

*b*
09-06-2004, 08:10 PM
ah, then it's a bug. I've come across this a few times myself. it's like the animation uses the same amount of frames, just the wrong tiles. don't worry about it, I'm sure it'll be fixed in the next public release

Vash the Stampe
09-06-2004, 08:17 PM
thats good at least i'm not the only one that has experienced the problem lol. Thanks *b*

*b*
09-06-2004, 08:32 PM
sure. here's a solution to your problem, btw. take some screenshots of the work you've done so far. open up version 1.90, and start a new quest. grab all the tiles into the new quest, and set the BS Animation rule. then, save, and open in 1.92 beta 183, and that will fix your problem. at least, it should. it works for me

Vash the Stampe
09-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Sure I can make some screenshots. All I have done so far is changed Link into Vash. And the Message guys I changed to Millie Thompson and Meryl Stryfe. I also changed the boomarang into the Cross gun that Wolfwood carried. I plan on changeing the enemies as well into such as the various bounty hunters that are after Vash. Ganon I plan on changeing into Knives if possible.