PDA

View Full Version : XBOX and PS2 Online

fatcatfan
09-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Gamecube obviously and unfortunately only has 3 LAN play games, and only the Phantasy Star games for online play. The new Star Fox *may* have LAN play, but there's no certain plans currently.

But there's a huge collection of LAN and Online games for XBOX and PS2. What I want to know is what your personal favorite games are in these categories on the two systems. Halo is the extent of my X-Box experience, but I'm sure there's plenty of other good games.

Pangolin
09-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Seeing as I have neither the PS2 or XBOX, I wouldn't know. But having played MMORPGS I kind of get the picture.
I wish that 3rd party developers would do online games for GC - as long as Nintendo finally went online.

J.J. Maxx
09-06-2004, 03:44 PM
PS2 has a ton of FPS online games such as SOCOM and Medal of Honor as well as the newer 007 games. There are also racing games and the obligatory sports games and the Final Fantasy online. I've tried other games but I cannot tear myself away from SOCOM 1.

...and there's nothing I can do about it... :thumbsup:

fatcatfan
09-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Lately I've been entertaining the idea of opening a LAN/Online gaming cafe here, but I recognize that I don't really know what games people are playing on XBOX and PS2 - and a Gamecube only cafe probably wouldn't work out too well. So I'm trying to get a feel for it nd try the games out myself.