PDA

View Full Version : Help me with about a string spech thing

darkante
09-04-2004, 08:01 AM
"Topic",i mean like.How do you make so a message comes at the schreen without the actuall guy saying it.Like for instant in the "Links Nightmare quest".They could make that it look like link said something without the old man saying it,please help me.I wanted to make,so it looked like the death knight enemy said something. :rolleyes:

Espo
09-04-2004, 08:33 AM
you'll have to delete one of the guy tiles. I've deleted the fire guy's tile cause i don't have much use for it. go to Quest->Tiles and it's on the first tile page there. I'm not sure exactly which tile it is. maybe someone else can reply to this to clear that up but you can experiment until you find the right one. Then when you make the room where you want spech just place that guy in the room to make the words come up. if you don't specifically place a combo that looks like something that could talk then it'll seem as if either nothing is talking or link is talking. or you can place a death knight looking combo. gud luk.

darkante
09-04-2004, 10:11 AM
thanks for the help.But now i need more help.In links Nightmare quest,when it looks like the boss is talking then when he has speaked. I are walking forward against the boss,then it seems it teleports and returns the room to a regular room so you can fight boss,how do you do that?

Espo
09-04-2004, 02:05 PM
oi grammar. if i understand correctly here is what you do.

Set up a room where the boss will talk to you just like we discussed. Do not place the enemy in this room. Make the a combo that looks like the enemy and place it manually. place pit combos around where link enters and listens to the boss taunting him. then make another room that looks exactly like the original room but put the actual boss enemy in this room. Then set a tile warp from the original room to the second room. This will make it so that you walk into a room, have teh boss talk to link, and then when you move the boss fight will begin.