PDA

View Full Version : i want a new mario game!

idontknow
09-03-2004, 11:42 AM
We def need another mario game to add to the series, for gamecube i mean. Lets think of possible stories/gameplay ideas for another mario game..

<Super Mario Cubed>
--A game similar to that of SM64, except there are multiple castles you can go to (one of them being a variation of Peach's castle, another being bowser's castle, another could be luigi's mansion..you warp to them via warp pipes!)
--You can collect up to 250 stars (25 levels, 8 stars for each level, plus 50 secret stars!)
--Special Items:
A) Blue Cap (for brief invisibility)
B) Feather (get these in levels that gives you a cape so you can fly through the air like in SMW for SNES)
C) Metal Mushroom (like the metal cap from SM64)
D) Fireballs (Mario can shoot fireballs like in the original SMB)
E) Poisonous Mushroom (If mario has a special ability such as blue cap or a feather, then he loses that status, and it also takes away half of his life)
F) One-Up Mushroom (gives him an extra life)
G) Whistle (An item that when used, calls Yoshi to Mario when in certain levels)
H) Koopa Shell (throw this on the ground to defeat or hurt enemies)
I) Hammer (Use this to pound stakes for certain puzzles or to defeat certain enemies)
J) Star (Temporary invisibility)
K) Frog Suit (Mario can swim very quickly in water with this item and can jump pretty high as well, but can't attack)
The way special items work is there's a new inventory menu that you open from the pause screen (or maybe a certain button opens it more quickly) and you can select which item you want to use--certain items are used automatically (like a star, one-up mushroom, poisonous mushroom, etc.) and others can be stocked so that you only have so many of that item (like koopa shells, frog suits, fireballs, etc.) and other items are key items that you always have (like the whistle, and the hammer)

Basic Controls:
A) Jump (A)
B) Double Jump (Jump twice)
C) Triple Jump (3 jumps)
D) Long Jump (run->Z->A)
E) Backwards Jump (run->turn other direction->A)
F) Butt Stomp (A->Z)
G) Punch (B)
H) Kick (A->B)
I) Dive/Swim (Hold A in Water)
J) Tornado Spin (rotate control stick, then hold B)
K) Duck (down on control stick when standing)
L) Hammer Pound (B when hammer's equipped)
M) Throw Shell (B when holding shell)
N) Yoshi Leap (A while riding yoshi)
O) Get off Yoshi (Z, while on yoshi)
P) Stick Out Tounge (B, while on yoshi)
Q) Double Yoshi Leap (A->A while riding yoshi)
R) Enter Warp Pipe (Control Stick down while standing on warp pipe)
S) Fly (Run->A->Z repeatedly, while using a cape)
T) Throw Fireballs (Z repeatedly while fireballs are equipped)
U) Backflip (Hold Z, press A)
V) Move camera (C Stick left/right)
W) Zoom In/Out (C Stick Up/Down)
X) Talk to People/Read Signs (B, when facing person or sign)

Possible Bosses
1. Giant Squid
2. King Bo-bomb (Much harder though!)
3. Baby Bowser
4. Giant Boo
5. Bowser (two times)
6. Giga Bowser (final boss!!!)
7. Kamek
8. Giant Piranha
9. Wiggler
10. Evil Snowman
11. Shadow Mario (an alternate final boss!!!)

ZTC
09-03-2004, 11:56 AM
How about remaking Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World, but in 3D?
Now that would be interesting

idontknow
09-03-2004, 04:54 PM
That would be awesome! Here's my ideas on a SMB3 game:
--The Gamecube Version could be called "Super Mario Brothers Mega Stars" and would be like the "Super Mario All-Stars" game but for the gamecube
--It would feature the original versions of the following games:
A) Super Mario Brothers
B) Super Mario Brothers 2
C) Super Mario Brothers 3
D) Super Mario World
E) Super Mario Kart (the original game, except with better controls & maybe more characters, but keeping the same graphics & such)w reamakes entitled...
In addition, including the following remakes:
F) Super Mario Brothers GC Remake (Basically the original game with 3d graphics and extra levels)
G) Super Mario Brothers 3 GC Remake (Basically the NES version of the game with 3d graphics and extra levels--perhaps this remake has 10 worlds rather than 9 and some newer items!)
H) Super Mario World Remake (Basically the SNES version made into 3d with exra levels & such

I would love this gamepack! No need to plug in my ancient NES system! :)

ZTC
09-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Now if Nintendo would think of this and acutally use those ideas...

Orion
09-04-2004, 01:32 AM
I'd love to see a new 3D Mario game that would bring back some of the elements from the older games. Especally the big/small dynamic that was in all of the games up until SMW. It'd also be cool to see the entire mushroom kingdom realized in 3D (instead of just a castle, or just some island). Nintendo has played enough with new things in the SM world and it would be nice if they returned to the roots, if only once.

Ganonator
09-04-2004, 02:09 AM
I've always waited for the next great 2-d mario. Even if it was like Warioworld, w/ the 2.5-D perspective. I'm really dissapointed that they keep re-releasing bullshit games from the '80s, and haven't gotten any balls to develop anything.

Someday, i suppose :rolleyes:

ZTC
09-04-2004, 02:10 AM
If I remember right (haven't played SMB3 for a while), the fourth word was the 'giant world'
to see that in 3D...
that...would...be...awsome :D

vegeta1215
09-04-2004, 02:26 AM
Gee, I wouldn't have guessed that idk wants a new Mario game, I mean all those previous Mario game idea threads...:rolleyes:

One thing I like about the Mario series is that each Mario game is always different. The same can be said for the Zelda series in some respect since they keep trying new and interesting things in each game (the 3-day thing in Majora's Mask being one of my favorites)